Sardines in a can I love them

Protein and Omega 3s, not a poor person food. I find the bones revolting

My dad used to eat them whole and make this gross sucking noise. All while drinking a glass of buttermilk. Never knew if he actually enjoyed it or just did it to gross my mom and I out.
Lol..
My dad has eaten this same meal. He is an Eastern European savage

I don't eat them as often as I should but they are really tasty.

Put some sardine (the kind that come in tomato sauce) on a saltine cracker (Mexican brand) then top it with chopped cilantro, onion and pickled jalapeño. Then top that with a piece of avocado, a squeeze of lime juice and some of your favorite hot sauce.

Last edited:
When i was a kid my dad used to make them for breakfast once every few months done up sauteed with a ton of onions and peppers and tomatoes and with toast. I was ok with them prepared that way but did not love them like my dad and older bro did.

Since my dad passed away i have started making them every few months in the same fashion and really grown to love them that way.

My grandfather ate them and by extension I did from time to time. He ate them a ton of ways though; I like them as an adult.

Lol, we have A BUNCH of canned sardines at the food bank. As well as canned mackerel. Usually nobody touches them, but yesterday there were multiple people that were like, "Oh I love these!" and taking them. Wild bruh. That shit be nasty :hmph

I've never understood how to eat them. Do you eat the skin and bones whole? The fish smell is too overwhelming for me to try them.
I don't know what they do to the bones, but you can chew them and they crumble almost like some sort of candy.

The skin is shiny like mercury. Are you eating mercury? Or is the shiny stuff something other than mercury?

These used to be my dinner as a kid 3 times a week because we were poor.
I still eat at least 4 cans a week now. I love them still.
How about my sherbros........Do you love them too?
bumble-bee-sardines-in-hot-sauce.jpg
Canned-Sardines-in-Oil.jpg
Sardines are okay, but I like smoked oysters and kippered snacks better.

liked them as a kid, but me ma stopped getting them.

I don't eat them as often as I should but they are really tasty.

Put some sardine (the kind that come in tomato sauce) on a saltine cracker (Mexican brand) then top it with chopped cilantro, onion and pickled jalapeño. Then top that with a piece of avocado, a squeeze of lime juice and some of your favorite hot sauce.

shit sounds awesome. you should go on "Beat Bobby Flay" with that.

These used to be my dinner as a kid 3 times a week because we were poor.
I still eat at least 4 cans a week now. I love them still.
How about my sherbros........Do you love them too?
bumble-bee-sardines-in-hot-sauce.jpg
Canned-Sardines-in-Oil.jpg

tenor.gif

Back