Saunders vs Andrade October 20th in Boston. Tevin Farmer vs Tennyson

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Undefeated WBO middleweight champion Billy Joe Saunders (26-0 with 12 KOs) will face undefeated former WBO junior middleweight champion Demetrius Andrade (25-0 with 16 KOs) on October 20th. It originally looked like the bout would land at the Dunkin Donuts Center in Providence, Rhode Island, but that venue is booked with another event on that night. If there isn't a creative solution to be had for the fight to take place in Providence, it is expected to remain on the east coast. Matchroom USA will promote the action, which will be available to boxing fans on the DAZN app.

http://www.boxingtalk.com/pag/article.php?aid=35577

I think so...
Big big fan, I know he's an asshole outside the ring an that garners a lot of negativity from boxing fans but in the ring, he's brilliant.

Genuinely good boxer with mediocre cardio. Decent fighter. Not really a guy who I'd commend in the way he approached the MW division. Not a guy who ever appeared to want any big challenge (and a guy who has been in a lot of drawish fights with sub-elite fighters), but I feel like he has a big cash-in in mind. Andrade seems to have a similar attitude, without a title, or he's been in a massively terrible promotional situation. Who knows. Andrade could definitely beat him here, I think. Andrade looks pretty good at times, but then again, BJS has shown up in respectable shape the last 2 times out and looked excellent against Lemieux.

Genuinely good boxer with mediocre cardio. Decent fighter. Not really a guy who I'd commend in the way he approached the MW division. Not a guy who ever appeared to want any big challenge (and a guy who has been in a lot of drawish fights with sub-elite fighters), but I feel like he has a big cash-in in mind. Andrade seems to have a similar attitude, without a title, or he's been in a massively terrible promotional situation. Who knows. Andrade could definitely beat him here, I think. Andrade looks pretty good at times, but then again, BJS has shown up in respectable shape the last 2 times out and looked excellent against Lemieux.
if BJS wasn't such a fucking prick, this forum would be raving about his skills. he is legitimately slick, and has shown some high fight IQ.

he is a lot better than we give him credit for, but that's hardly surprising considering what a monumental douchebag he is. i pray for the day he finally bites off more than he can chew and someone lays him the fuck out.

if BJS wasn't such a fucking prick, this forum would be raving about his skills. he is legitimately slick, and has shown some high fight IQ.

he is a lot better than we give him credit for, but that's hardly surprising considering what a monumental douchebag he is. i pray for the day he finally bites off more than he can chew and someone lays him the fuck out.

They wouldn't. He's a guy who was in like 3 straight drawish title defenses before fighting Lemieux. He gave a nice account of himself against Lemieux, but you can't just forget his shitty fights against the aforementioned, or his complete resistance to fighting meaningful fighters stateside.

They wouldn't. He's a guy who was in like 3 straight drawish title defenses before fighting Lemieux. He gave a nice account of himself against Lemieux, but you can't just forget his shitty fights against the aforementioned, or his complete resistance to fighting meaningful fighters stateside.
but he did look very good against lemieux.

i'm not saying we forget anything. we're not forgetting him being an insufferable prick, either. i'm just saying, no one gives him any credit because we're too busy shitting on every stupid thing he does. if he didn't, he'd be a lot more appreciated.

but he did look very good against lemieux.

i'm not saying we forget anything. we're not forgetting him being an insufferable prick, either. i'm just saying, no one gives him any credit because we're too busy shitting on every stupid thing he does. if he didn't, he'd be a lot more appreciated.

Maybe. I'd like to think that I've always given him credit for being able to box for 6 rounds. The 6 after were always the issue. Against meaningful opposition, those 6 rounds will likely sink him.

Hes a good boxer but no. The only good fight hes impressively won was against a one trick pony in Lemi. That doesnt mean he didnt do his job, he certainly did. But thats about as good of a matchup as imagineable for Saunders.

Saunders is a good boxer (and I'm picking him to win here) but he could have easily fought Golovkin and Jacobs at this point and blatantly avoided them which is never looked upon lightly by boxing fans.

Last edited:

Truth

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/...se-added-billy-joe-saunders-demetrius-andrade

Two notable fights that will be on the card include junior lightweight world titleholder Tevin Farmer making his first defense against European champion James Tennyson and a featherweight world title elimination fight between Kid Galahad and Toka Kahn Clary, who will square off for the right to become the mandatory challenger for world titlist Josh Warrington.

October 20th.....until BJS stubs a toe.

Man, I think Andrade has talent, but I wonder about the mental edge (not that BJS is smart, I think he's the redneck for Englishmen). Andrade seems, I guess lackadaisical. Coming off a wait like that, for what, years? Seems like an on paper tough fight, but in reality, easier one.

Does anyone know how many southpaws Andrade has fought? That matters, too.

Back