Saw this story recently. Student expelled after being accused of rape. Video evidence on his side.

If you ever have to carry a girl to bed so you can have sex with her, you should probably rethink things.. I don't doubt that it was just two drunk kids hooking up, but this kid got lucky.
where did it say he carried her to bed?

this is not as easy as it seems, she obviously was consensual at the bar, but if you have to carry someone inside?

and I believe her version of waking up in the hospital and not remembering anything, so I'm not sure she should be charged

guys better start using their iPhones and recording girls behavior before they have sex if you think there might be an issue with that person

In highschool we got a bottle of vodka and my friend had just started dating this girl like last week maybe even less than that. So we are staying the night at his house getting high and they start drinking the vodka straight. I hate drinking so I just smoke. My friend and her go into his room and bang. She comes out ten minutes later in her panties and bra and is puking her brains out for a few hours and the nights over.

The next day we all go home and she messages me on AIM and I don't even remember what I said but I in some way insinuated that they had sex.. She calls me and ask me if they had sex and I could tell right away she had no idea. So I said yea, she hangs up talks to my friend. She calls me back and wants me to come over to get high with her and she just cried a little bit over it.

The craziest thing about it is how before she went into the room with my friend she seemed fine. She did not seem anymore fucked up than she usually is when we've partied with her in the past. It sucks that it happened to her and it's a good warning for kids who want to drink and get fucked up.

A rape accusation is a legitimate reason.

Raping another student would be legitimate grounds for expulsion. Being accused of raping another student is not, particularly given the weakness of this particular accusation.

Raping another student would be legitimate grounds for expulsion. Being accused of raping another student is not, particularly given the weakness of this particular accusation.

The school also has to take action until it determines what happened, if for no other reason than to protect itself from legal ramifications. Is that right or fair? Maybe not. It is just reality.

The school also has to take action until it determines what happened, if for no other reason than to protect itself from legal ramifications. Is that right or fair? Maybe not. It is just reality.

I see where you are coming from here, but I still disagree.

1. Expelling a student is taking action before it determines what happened.
2. The process for determining what happened is very flawed in rape cases at universities and that is exposing universities to far more legal ramifications. In this particular case, the university is being sued and will likely lose.
3. I think as a general policy, universities would be wise to leave criminal investigations to the police.

Moral lesson of the story: Don't go to college so that they can't expel you for such a shitty reason.

Back