Say Goodbye to Net Neutrality

Are there any positives that could come from this?

So what do you guys think will get Sherdog blocked by our isp's?
Sherdog will never get blocked. Its about money. Services like netflix who use tons of bandwidth will get extorted. If netflix wont pay? no netflix for those consumers.

Don't worry guys, libertarians tell me it's ok because the markets and competition will drive prices down!

And things are really getting scary in this country. I see this resulting in some unforeseen calamity because this coupled with the country's current internet dependence and how heavily influenced it is by social media.... the result is gonna be something next-level bad that I don't think anyone will see coming.

And things are really getting scary in this country. I see this resulting in some unforeseen calamity because this coupled with the country's current internet dependence and how heavily influenced it is by social media.... the result is gonna be something next-level bad that I don't think anyone will see coming.
Venezuela here we come!

technically its not over. there will be lawsuits but doubt it will be stopped

damn. Liberals have been taking MAJOR Ls.

1) Trump wins

2) all their male celeb supporters being exposed for sexual assaukt

3) net neutrality (liberals suck on the tit of the internet)

for the record Im pro net neutrality and neither conservative or liberal.

Lol @ your last sentence. Nobody is buying that.

Also, this is very bad. The internet has become necessary for many things these days, like roads and highways. The only reason any of the companies lobbying to get rid of net neutrality would do so, is so that they could start jacking up the prices and increase profits. Which is what they will do eventually. Imagine if all the roads were not only private, but you had to pay more or less depending on the type of car you drive. This is a load of shit and it is going to eventually put disadvantaged people at even more of a disadvantage. And while I doubt that was the goal, I bunk for many in our government, it was an added bonus.

Internet is a utility as plain as fucking day. Everything is dependent on it. Why would anyone want to let this happen?

chicken-little-the-sky-is-falling-gif.gif

{<jordan}

Bunch of hysterical twats in here.

As I was reading through this thread, I was thinking we could wind up back like it was when sherdoggers would get mad about large pictures because pages would take forever to load. And then bam, I scrolled to this! lol

If you didn't vote for Clinton you don't have the right to be upset about this
not american but cannot help but follow the shit show that the USA has turned in to. I used to love going to the USA (mainly to visit academies to train) but now . . . I won't go in to details but what a lame ass country it is turing in to.

Land of the free?

<JerryWWF><KingstonFrown><34><{hfved}>

<{cruzshake}>

Seriously though the consequences can be quite extreme for the internet user; companies can essentially control what you do online.

Only if I choose to remain online.
<seedat>

I know this sucks. And I know it goes beyond just this. But did folks think cord cutting, pirating, addictions to online gaming, reliance on social media, and illegal streaming wouldn’t eventually come back to bite us in the ass?

I think what scares a lot of folks is never having lived without internet service. Luckily for me, I remember how things got done before the Internet ever became a thing. So if shit gets too out of hand, I’ll cut that cord too. One less bill to worry about.

This is pretty much the same way some utilities are trying to force the governments to keep Off Grid people using their services.

Only if I choose to remain online.
<seedat>

I know this sucks. And I know it goes beyond just this. But did folks think cord cutting, pirating, addictions to online gaming, reliance on social media, and illegal streaming wouldn’t eventually come back to bite us in the ass?

I think what scares a lot of folks is never having lived without internet service. Luckily for me, I remember how things got done before the Internet ever became a thing. So if shit gets too out of hand, I’ll cut that cord too. One less bill to worry about.

This is pretty much the same way some utilities are trying to force the governments to keep Off Grid people using their services.

I have a similar sentiment-- my plan is to cut internet aside from my unlimited plan in my phone if things get at all sideways with this new deal. On the other hand I have never been so informed in all of my life as a result of having access to the net. It would be a great loss.

Back