SBBC : Basketball is coming edition: Do you like pineapple pizza?

Do you like pineapple pizza?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen this a bunch of times, but it's always funny.

lol their just jealous they'll never know the awesomeness of bagged milk and katchup chips

At least you have a sense of humor about it.

That's what I like about you Canadians, you guys really know how to embrace the suck. Kudos to you for taking what no one else wants, and loving it.

didnt he win Canadian Sportsperson of the Year like 3x by your own media?

Maybe, idk. I'm just talking about the average person off the street, if you stopped them the majority of them who don't follow sports closely wouldn't have a clue.

Everyone knows who Gretzky is, or even Terry Fox.

that's why i figured someone like Gretzky or even celine/ryan reynolds. I'm fairly certain about Titanic era, every person in the US and Canada knew who Celine Dion was, it was literally unavoidable

wasn't sure if the younger people all knew about the Great One, clearly in the 80s/90s he had to be THAT DUDE

Trebek and Alan Thicke were hanging in there for a minute, in terms of being known to Americans
shit forgot Alanis Morrisete in the 90s, everyone knew who she was

Terry Fox is a national hero too. He's a real OG.

No one has mentioned Jim Carrey yet. So I'm just getting that out of the way.

But seriously, no one cares... we're already down to Alex fucking Trebek... I think we can just move on.

giphy.gif

I didn't even know who Terry Fox was by name till I looked it up
i immediately recognized the story, but i won't act like i was too familiar
edit: excellent call w/ Jim Carrey lumi

jokes aside, Canadians contributed some immense achievements during both World Wars

like my dude Leo Major
"On the night of April 13, 1945, Major single-handedly liberated the city of Zwolle in the Netherlands from German army occupation.[2] This action earned him his first Distinguished Conduct Medal. He received his second DCM during the Korean War for leading the capture of a key hill."
Before that, he did this: Major single-handedly captured 93 German soldiers during the Battle of the Scheldt in Zeeland in the southern Netherlands
Canadians were very instrumental in liberating the Dutch. Canadians are treated like Gods even still in Amsterdam.

Bunch of good comedians from Canada.

And Pam Anderson/Jenny McCarthy

I don't count people as Canadian, if they choose to move and reside here at a young age.

They're Americans

Legit never knew Keanu Reeves was Canadian, maybe because he doesn't live there and wasn't born there and neither of his parents are Canadian. I knew his father was Hawaiian though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back