SBBC: Happy Holidays

All I want for Christmas is

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am enjoying the shearing forces tonight...... beautiful.

I'd smash you harder than Shitter smashes his Life Alert button whenever he sees a black person

Just saw this and I'll have you know that I do not have a life alert button, nor would I use it for such a thing. I may be white trash, but I ain't no racist.

I became deathly allergic to shrimp when I was 20. Slowly crab has started to cause reactions too.

Feels like being slapped in the face by god.

Make sure they know if you ever need x-ray or CT contrast enhanced imaging. Could save your life.

Make sure they know if you ever need x-ray or CT contrast enhanced imaging. Could save your life.
Whats the deal there? Everytime Ive been to the doc since I found out they bring up the allergy so hopefully no one lets me croak accidentally lol.

When I had my shoulder repaired they wouldnt use iodine because they said it could trigger a reaction.

Allergies can get fucked is my pt.

Had some sushi for lunch. Bet some of you homos don’t eat sushi too lmao

LA has some great sushi places. Do you ever go to Sugarfish? There are a bunch of great places on Sawtelle in Westwood.

Fuck it. Now I'm hungry.

Whats the deal there? Everytime Ive been to the doc since I found out they bring up the allergy so hopefully no one lets me croak accidentally lol.

When I had my shoulder repaired they wouldnt use iodine because they said it could trigger a reaction.

Allergies can get fucked is my pt.

You're allergic to Iodine. There is iodine in shell fish and that is the reason you are allergic to shell fish. Nearly all CT and x-ray contrast agents iodinated compounds.

If you really need contrast enhanced imaging they can use MRI contrast (Magnivist, Ultrasvist ...) which is Gadolinium based. It's much more expensive but at least you won't go into anaphylactic shock.

You're allergic to Iodine. There is iodine in shell fish and that is the reason you are allergic to shell fish. Nearly all CT and x-ray contrast agents iodinated compounds.

If you really need contrast enhanced imaging they can use MRI contrast (Magnivist, Ultrasvist ...) which is Gadolinium based. It's much more expensive but at least you won't go into anaphylactic shock.
3 6 Mafia confirms this. They eat so many shrimp they get iodine poisoning.

Ah gotcha.

If I just keep eating shrimp and crab over and over and over what are the odds it will reverse my allergies lol.

Thought that connection was a myth

It's not a myth. It's the iodine in shell fish that is the root cause of the allergy. Just don't tell me you read that on Snopes or heard it on Myth busters.

Here is a Myth Busters fail. Apparently, they did an "experiment" to prove that tattoos don't cause burns in MRI scanners and declared the whole idea a hoax. Well not every ink has iron oxide but if it does, you could suffer burns. To make a long story short, a few years ago I was meeting with the head of derm at MGH. in the middle of our meeting he gets beeped and has to go over to radiology. He comes back 20mins later and says there was a guy screaming in the MR bore because his skin was burning. I'm like, "what?". And Rox says: about once a month i get called down to radiology because someone with a tattoo gets burns in the magnet.

On the topic of other dumb ideas, I present the tramp stamp or other back tattoo. If you ever need an epidural better hope they don't get ink into you CSF when they puncture the dura. BTW the derm guy at MGH is one of the inventors of the laser tattoo removal process. He's made a shit load of money from that alone.

Ah gotcha.

If I just keep eating shrimp and crab over and over and over what are the odds it will reverse my allergies lol.

I'm not sure that will work and you are taking a big risk. Apparently (and I only found this out recently), you get more intolerant to foods as you age :(

I'm really bothered by peanuts now. I don't have a crazy allergy to them but I feel like crap if my wife even opens a jar of peanut butter and I can smell it. Which is weird because i ate peanuts and peanut butter just about all of my life.

Lol @ having tattoos at all. Fucking criminals.

I'm not sure that will work and you are taking a big risk. Apparently (and I only found this out recently), you get more intolerant to foods as you age :(

I'm really bothered by peanuts now. I don't have a crazy allergy to them but I feel like crap if my wife even opens a jar of peanut butter and I can smell it. Which is weird because i ate peanuts and peanut butter just about all of my life.
Life is a cruel bitch.

I mean you do live in Minnesota and formerly Iowa right?

I don't like Sushi either, but I cant imagine you're getting the finest out there

just saying

Minneapolis would be good because they have a huge airport and daily deliveries.

Lol @ having tattoos at all. Fucking criminals.

Not a lot of things worse than being burned from the inside.
(Don't look if you are easily put off by gross medical stuff.)

main-qimg-ca5626285fb335572a705084091b8a4f

It's not a myth. It's the iodine in shell fish that is the root cause of the allergy. Just don't tell me you read that on Snopes or heard it on Myth busters.

Here is a Myth Busters fail. Apparently, they did an "experiment" to prove that tattoos don't cause burns in MRI scanners and declared the whole idea a hoax. Well not every ink has iron oxide but if it does, you could suffer burns. To make a long story short, a few years ago I was meeting with the head of derm at MGH. in the middle of our meeting he gets beeped and has to go over to radiology. He comes back 20mins later and says there was a guy screaming in the MR bore because his skin was burning. I'm like, "what?". And Rox says: about once a month i get called down to radiology because someone with a tattoo gets burns in the magnet.

On the topic of other dumb ideas, I present the tramp stamp or other back tattoo. If you ever need an epidural better hope they don't get ink into you CSF when they puncture the dura. BTW the derm guy at MGH is one of the inventors of the laser tattoo removal process. He's made a shit load of money from that alone.
Didn't hear it from either of those. I was just told (a few times actually) that iodine is not the cause of a shellfish allergy

But, I dunno, I'm no quack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back