sbbc : i sound poor

Status
Not open for further replies.
WTH? I felt like Pat Riley was going to make a great addition to the thread.

Can’t believe we had a legendary basketball figure on this forum and he gets banned within a hour. No surprise on a karate forum centered around D level athletes

March reserve base is nicer than all but one Army post I've been on, and every single USMC post

then you have Travis
Luke
Davis-Mothan
Edwards
Andrews
Ali al Salim was by far the best base in Kuwait, it's AF. Manas was legit, also AF
Spengdahlem was better than the army posts in Germany
Goodfellow

Holloman and Canon are the only AF Bases I've ever been on that weren't like awesome

McChord is waaaaay nicer than it's joint Ft Lewis, as is Lackland and Ft Sam Houston
kadena is the best part of Okinawa

Travis is ok

Luke is in the middle of nowhere - if it wasn't decent everyone would suicide.

Davis-Monthan is ok - the boneyard is cool

Edwards is a test base - hardly typical

Andrews is the second shittiest base in the DC area behind Bolling. From what I hear Quantico has some really nice facilities, but admittedly, I hate going on bases so I avoided it.

Ali Al Salem has nice dorms but the best chowhall on the base was run by the army. May have been before your time.

Manas was cool but it's closed.

Mcchord is Ft Lewis... it's a joint base

Lackland is the main training base for the Air Force = funding...but again, that's a joint base.

In my experience, Ft Richardson was one of the nicest bases I've ever been to. I was stationed at Elmendorf before it became a Joint Base and we literally watched them rebuild the base with the best facilities and new housing.

You make a good point with Okinawa, but, the Marines might get some nice shit if they stopped raping and pillaging the locals.

The best "deployed" location, and overall chowhall, I've been to was K2 Uzbekistan. It was run by the Army. Every Friday was steak and lobster night.

Yongdan Garrison in Seoul...basically a 5 star resort full of whores. Not bad, Army.

Fort Bragg is a shithole, but Pope was the shithole's redheaded step child before they merged.

The Army has plenty of larger nice bases just like the Air Force. The difference is that an Army post can function with little to no infrastructure. It just isn't possible on an Air Force Base.

Ang is going to take up all the good names trying to get back.

he's over in the OT as Midnight Snacks right now, trolling the shit out of the place.
I'm sure the name is based on his best friend...midnight snacks

Travis is ok

Luke is in the middle of nowhere - if it wasn't decent everyone would suicide.

Davis-Monthan is ok - the boneyard is cool

Edwards is a test base - hardly typical

Andrews is the second shittiest base in the DC area behind Bolling. From what I hear Quantico has some really nice facilities, but admittedly, I hate going on bases so I avoided it.

Ali Al Salem has nice dorms but the best chowhall on the base was run by the army. May have been before your time.

Manas was cool but it's closed.

Mcchord is Ft Lewis... it's a joint base

Lackland is the main training base for the Air Force = funding...but again, that's a joint base.

In my experience, Ft Richardson was one of the nicest bases I've ever been to. I was stationed at Elmendorf before it became a Joint Base and we literally watched them rebuild the base with the best facilities and new housing.

You make a good point with Okinawa, but, the Marines might get some nice shit if they stopped raping and pillaging the locals.

The best "deployed" location, and overall chowhall, I've been to was K2 Uzbekistan. It was run by the Army. Every Friday was steak and lobster night.

Yongdan Garrison in Seoul...basically a 5 star resort full of whores. Not bad, Army.

Fort Bragg is a shithole, but Pope was the shithole's redheaded step child before they merged.

The Army has plenty of larger nice bases just like the Air Force. The difference is that an Army post can function with little to no infrastructure. It just isn't possible on an Air Force Base.
i noticed you omitted Germany from your response, good call you can't win that one

we'll agree to disagree, FTR you're the only person i've literally EVER met/encountered that DIDN'T thank the AF had significantly better everything. I mean they're called Dorms, not barracks. They get paid extra EVERY TIME THEY LIVE ON ARMY POSTS for substandard living conditions....why is that

The host force at Karshi Khanabad was the 416th Air Expeditionary Wing operations group.....air force
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/416th_Air_Expeditionary_Wing

I get the sense you feel i'm 'hating' on the USAF, far from it, i was highly jealous of it the entire time for this exact reason. I was stationed like maybe 20km from Rammstein/Landstuhl, trust me. It's night and day. Ft Bliss is now likely the best Army base, it has a Rammstein level PX and mall, full size Bdubs on base, 10 screen AMC theater, etc... but that was all built w/in the last five years. It was atrocious, Ft Irwin level before that

Last edited:
i noticed you omitted Germany from your response, good call you can't win that one

we'll agree to disagree, FTR you're the only person i've literally EVER met/encountered that DIDN'T thank the AF had significantly better everything. I mean they're called Dorms, not barracks. They get paid extra EVERY TIME THEY LIVE ON ARMY POSTS for substandard living conditions....why is that

The host force at Karshi Khanabad was the 416th Air Expeditionary Wing operations group.....air force
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/416th_Air_Expeditionary_Wing

They're called dorms not barracks because that's the Air Force terminology. Kind of like DFAC vs Chow Hall.

The Army ran all of the services on K2. They were exceptional. I would have killed for that at home station.

Again, Rhammstein is a hub and it was only recently invested in. It's only the in the past 10 years that place would be considered nice. Mostly because they have DV acft and every branch of the military goes through on the way to the AOR.

Also, I was never paid extra for "sub standard" living conditions. That sounds like some Army wives' tale.

Big bases get big funding and have nice facilities. Doesn't matter what branch. If they're frequented by DVs, in bad locations, have a need for serious infrastructure or are occupied by personnel who have a high deployment rate the military will invest.

And I said comparable, as in maybe a little better overall, but nothing insane. You've probably never heard that before because you spoke mostly with other low ranking guys that weren't very well traveled.

it's not a wives tale playa, we had AF on our base in Baumholder and we had shitty literal Nazi barracks w/ swastikas in the bricks and shit. They were only 1 man per room, we were 2, and they got paid extra. I worked in the base finance office for reference....

it's borderline asinine to suggest that ON AVERAGE, the AF doesn't have far and away the best facilities, everything. If you disagree, i don't know what to tell you

They aren't far and away better...and lol at "I worked in the finance office."

Well, if we're making up jobs for internet credibility I was in the military nice things office.

They aren't far and away better...and lol at "I worked in the finance office."

Well, if we're making up jobs for internet credibility I was in the military nice things office.
https://www.finditguide.com/germany/baumholder/military/financeoffices
http://www.militaryinstallations.do...ST_ID,P4_CONTENT_DIRECTORY,P4_TAB:1390,ALL,IC

tell me, what is that called?

tell me more about my own life, please hahahahahah

obviously they don't get something called 'substandard living pay', but they received either increased COLA or BAH/OHA differential instead for that exact reason, as determined by the base housing offices

Last edited:
The fragrance is everything. Subtle cleansing is what sets the tone for the presentation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back