SBBC: Problems with the boss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Miranda only covers post-arrest investigation and evidence collection

You should know this Graves
Miranda covers ANYTHING that might be obtained from a suspect from initial contact and beyond.
If any type of questioning was done, impromtu or designed, without this admonition there will always be
a motion to suppress.
see, I've actually testified in court maybe 1000 times, including homicide cases.
you've read books.
keep at it.

Ill be flying out shortly
giphy.gif

I feel like I'm talking to a child here.
Jaeger, beer and bud beckon.
I'll let Junior have the last word.
maybe that will help him sleep better.

I'm good.

<TrumpWrong1>

My plan of pretending to blow into the machine is likely the GOAT strategy. If there is no breath going into the machine it can't measure shit. That was a long time ago, but I haven't heard a better idea yet. Too bad I was dealing with a real fucking Ben Matlock at the time, otherwise I would have been fine.

Lmfao at Ben Matlock

Miranda covers ANYTHING that might be obtained from a suspect from initial contact and beyond.
If any type of questioning was done, impromtu or designed, without this admonition there will always be
a motion to suppress.
see, I've actually testified in court maybe 1000 times, including homicide cases.
you've read books.
keep at it.

Lol glad to know a 30 year cop is up on his basic Miranda guidelines. But you are interpreting it wrong. Lmao sorry for some junkie punk like myself to have to inform you but you simply are

"I've testified 1000 times about Miranda issues"

Really?

Miranda doesn't cover pre-arrest investigations tho. Kinda how the whole FISA thing was a LEGAL act.

And if we wanna drag this out, I can hit you with a mountain of caselaw that flies in the face of this:

The long and short of DUI: it's a "crime" which relies entirely on your incriminating yourself. So, never blow. Never do the roadsides (unless in my case you knew you'd nail them and you did).

Leave it to the state to deal with that ridiculous burden void of any evidence whatsoever
they have a similar tactic under the UCMJ, if you are being charged w/ a Article 15/Non Judicial Punishment (which results in reduction of rank, and half pay forfeiture for a period of time plus extra duty and restriction, but you're still in.....). Basically you can request a Court Martial instead, which would then make it Judicial Punishment beyond the local command level. Unless you're dead guilty, like say a DUI w/ breathlyzer or a urinalysis failure or witnesses to assault or something, alot of times they'll just reduce the punishment or grade of the Article 15 to not have to go through the hassle of the trial, getting a judge, etc...

granted if they call your bluff and you're guilty, it's a wrap and you actually do time hahahaha

don't have you to be IN CUSTODY for Miranda to apply? and under interrogation (or custodial interrogation)? those are the two triggering events, if my 20+ seasons of LandO expertise are correct

so if you aren't under arrest, it doesn't apply right?

don't have you to be IN CUSTODY for Miranda to apply?

If I were being questioned I would just shut the fuck up either way. Talking to a street cop is literally just giving evidence when you don't need to do so.

I am enjoying today's throbbing...

don't have you to be IN CUSTODY for Miranda to apply? and under interrogation (or custodial interrogation)? those are the two triggering events, if my 20+ seasons of LandO expertise are correct

Miranda is only relevant for info attained post-custody. And when I say "post-custody" that means from the moment of detainment

A vast majority of arrests don't even involve Miranda because the evidence exists pre-arrest. Miranda would apply if you're trying to get an interrogation room confession but in the real world it's not that applicable.

Graves was trying to sound relevant "Miranda's a big deal!!" lol no

I read the report after my ex best friend got arrested.. I literally dont know what happened because i was sleeping...anyway cops asked what went down and i said i was asleep at the time and have no clue

Those fucks said in the report i was uncooperative lol

lol at this silly talk about the law. Just be a loose cannon

problem solved.

LeBron%20gun.gif

So this why you love the restaurants on the edge of sanitary measures in Chinatown.

It's all naustalsia

Pretty close. My mother worked for an oil company who's office was close to the original Toronto Chinatown. I would often meet her after work on a friday and we'd hit the original chinatown for dinner. Usually went to the same place. Great food but terrible looking washroom.

thanks, young lady.
nor do I hate you.
I think you're an inspiration to all former fuckups
including myself

Actually, Faust's story is pretty impressive IMO. The only two family experiences I have with alcohol ended in death (uncle and aunt). My father in law was apparently an alcoholic but he quit by the time I got to know him (from what I understand).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back