SBBC: Thank God we still have Champ. Crushed by glass is a bad way to go.

Two man lift next time?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Started googling Cyclists and car gif.

Not this time. '76 RD 400.

26317.jpg

And it wasn't a car, it was a boat.

CA15_r0266_21.jpg

i once ran into a bumper on one of those ol' wood paneled station wagons, was going on a deep route and my brother led me too much haha

i was only like 9, but i was going full speed. damn near cracked my femur.

btw, I had a 72 R5 350 Yamaha. got broadsided by a coed on the Stanfurd campus.
bike got scratched, I was fine.

btw, I had a 72 R5 350 Yamaha. got broadsided by a coed on the Stanfurd campus.
bike got scratched, I was fine.

447a0551adae4168676d3b8d2b1da4d6.gif

Palm drive or Campus drive? Did Welch road even exist back then - Lol.

I wanna say it was over by college terrace, maybe amherst and stanford ave?
can't recall exactly, it's only been 45 yrs since it happened. but the whole area resembled a sleepy farm town more in those days than the huge, mega-plex that it has become.

same with berserkley. when I went there, there was so much open space. I went there a few weeks ago and every block around campus is high rise school affiliated buildings, that's because they ran out of room on campus.

I wanna say it was over by college terrace, maybe amherst and stanford ave?
can't recall exactly, it's only been 45 yrs since it happened. but the whole area resembled a sleepy farm town more in those days than the huge, mega-plex that it has become.

I can see the change in density of buildings even from 1998-2001 to present. Engineering buildings are all new and once the new hospital is finished ($4B later) they'll shitcan the last of the 1950s era cool architecture of Allway and Edwards buildings.

the Clark center has been around for 17 years now and it's still the most futuristic building on campus, though i never found it all that great to work inside of it.

I remember walking by this building (South Hall) on the way to class and it looked archaic even then. what a contrast it must be to the new architecture.
1200px-South_Hall--UC_Berkeley--Panoramic.jpg

i once ran into a bumper on one of those ol' wood paneled station wagons, was going on a deep route and my brother led me too much haha

i was only like 9, but i was going full speed. damn near cracked my femur.

A 5,000lb vehicle with a 460ci (that's 7.53 litres for you metric boys).

you're lucky you're not dead.

I remember walking by this building (South Hall) on the way to class and it looked archaic even then. what a contrast it must be to the new architecture.
1200px-South_Hall--UC_Berkeley--Panoramic.jpg

The new architecture is hit and miss at Stanford. The Clark center looks bad ass, and then you've got every other building that looks like the Li Ka Shing ctr.

Clark ctr.

02_Clark-Center-DUP.jpg

A lot of the new buildings look like this:

800px-Stanford_School_of_Medicine_Li_Ka_Shing_Center.jpg

yea that's pretty common with modern architecture.
not bad really.

Just too many buildings that look the same. Next ride you come over the bridge and I'll show how the campus looks now.

sounds good
you bet
hopefully the smoke will have completely cleared out by then
it's been brutal

Taking the train to the Rams game and passed by the Watts towers. Amazing how big they looked in Ricochet compared to reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back