SBBC Thread: Lumi and RR bury the hatchet?

What will the outcome of Lumi and RR's meet up be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for all the replies.

Fullerton would allow you a lot of cool options to live. You could get away living by the beach in Huntington or Long Beach if you wanted. @DangDaGawd

Yeah man, that would be great. I have to figure out what is what though, I am not sure what the salaries for a position I could get pays and obviously the cost of living will be a LOT higher than here in Columbus.

That's easy to say from the middle of Ohio. I'll take you more seriously when you move to one of the coasts.

Columbus is not the middle of Ohio. That is Centerburg, Ohio which is the geographical center of Ohio.

Berkeley has its own "colleges" within the college for different departments, but at UCSD has different colleges you have to apply to regardless of major. Like you could be an econ major in the John Muir college or you could be an econ major in the Earl Warren college there. Your residency area and administration you deal with will be different, but your classes and curriculum will be the same as other econ majors regardless of what college they choose.

Still don't quite understand why it's like that.

Right, that's the British system. My school was like that. OTOH I only applied to the Faculty of Engineering and Applied Science. Had I gone through pure physics, I would have had to apply to selected colleges at my school, but been in the same classes as people from other colleges.

Today, the college system at my school mostly pertains to residence, languages/humanities courses and specific programs like theology or archeology. It's mostly a relic of the past.

Right, that's the British system. My school was like that. OTOH I only applied to the Faculty of Engineering and Applied Science. Had I gone through pure physics, I would have had to apply to selected colleges at my school, but been in the same classes as people from other colleges.

Today, the college system at my school mostly pertains to residence, languages/humanities courses and specific programs like theology or archeology. It's mostly a relic of the past.

Times like these, I really appreciate the forefathers fighting against the British.

Columbus is not the middle of Ohio. That is Centerburg, Ohio which is the geographical center of Ohio.

newyorkview4.jpg

Yeah man, that would be great. I have to figure out what is what though, I am not sure what the salaries for a position I could get pays and obviously the cost of living will be a LOT higher than here in Columbus.

I'll make this easy on you.

Find a job here first... then find the closest place you can live to that job that isn't ghetto.

And that might take some research because I've found that people that aren't from here just see palm trees and think everything's cool... it's not cool tho lol.

But if you buy a place in Fullerton and get a job in Santa Monica you're going to thoroughly hate your life.

Hahaha.

If you did it now, LA would have to be huge since half the population on the westside are bitter, ex-NYers who spend half their time calling back home to tell everyone how great the weather is.

Times like these, I really appreciate the forefathers fighting against the British.

You're lucky that your system of gov't can't be shut down by the Queen of England :(

Last edited:
I enjoy your dedication to being an asshole. It's impressive

Sadly there's no dedication. It's effortless.

Most of the time I honestly feel they are more tough truths than they are "being an asshole" it's a fine line to walk... sometimes I fuck it up.

@Sexy

Not the guy who thinks sherdoggers don't exist -- I hope.

Most likely.

lol.

I still don't get the schools within the schools thing. And both UCSD the school itself, as well as the "college" your department is in have to accept you. I was filling out the application like "wtf is this shit?"

Also, UC Davis had like 4 extra personal statements you have to do. I started filling it out and pretty much said "fuck this shit, I'm out" and never finished it.

this is very common at universities. Here at OSU (the real one) each college is run as a separate business unit, which as you can imagine, creates a lot of headaches with everything. We have 12 departments within out CoE, and almost every department is run differently. It is a pain in the ass, at least from an administrative point of view.

edit: Saw your later post, yeah that is very strange to be able to have one major and have it be in two different colleges.

Sounds thrilling.

Centerburg is a village in Knox County, Ohio, United States, along the North Fork of the Licking River. As of the 2010 census, the village population was 1,773. Centerburg is the geographical center of Ohio.

History[edit]
Centerburg (formerly rendered Centreburgh) was laid out in 1830.[6] The village was so named on account of its location near Ohio's geographical center.[7] A post office has been in operation at Centerburg since 1835.[8]

Geography[edit]
Centerburg is located at 40°18′16″N 82°41′44″W.[9]

According to the United States Census Bureau, the village has a total area of 0.90 square miles (2.33 km2), all land.[1]

Demographics[edit]
Historical population
Census
Pop.
400 —
1890 588 47.0%
1900 706 20.1%
1910 723 2.4%
1920 775 7.2%
1930 761 −1.8%
1940 779 2.4%
1950 887 13.9%
1960 963 8.6%
1970 1,038 7.8%
1980 1,275 22.8%
1990 1,323 3.8%
2000 1,432 8.2%
2010 1,773 23.8%
Est. 2016 2,113 [10] 19.2%
U.S. Decennial Census[11]
2010 census[edit]
As of the census[3] of 2010, there were 1,773 people, 622 households, and 431 families residing in the village. The population density was 1,970.0 inhabitants per square mile (760.6/km2). There were 679 housing units at an average density of 754.4 per square mile (291.3/km2). The racial makeup of the village was 96.9% White, 1.2% African American, 0.1% Native American, 0.3% Asian, 0.1% from other races, and 1.4% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 0.2% of the population.

There were 622 households of which 42.6% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 46.9% were married couples living together, 16.7% had a female householder with no husband present, 5.6% had a male householder with no wife present, and 30.7% were non-families. 26.4% of all households were made up of individuals and 12.1% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.63 and the average family size was 3.19.

The median age in the village was 36.2 years. 28.5% of residents were under the age of 18; 8.5% were between the ages of 18 and 24; 26% were from 25 to 44; 22.6% were from 45 to 64; and 14.3% were 65 years of age or older. The gender makeup of the village was 47.3% male and 52.7% female.

2000 census[edit]
As of the census[5] of 2000, there were 1,432 people, 504 households, and 363 families residing in the village. The population density was 2,228.5 people per square mile (863.9/km2). There were 537 housing units at an average density of 835.7 per square mile (324.0/km2). The racial makeup of the village was 97.91% White, 0.49% African American, 0.35% Native American, 0.28% Asian, 0.07% from other races, and 0.91% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 0.07% of the population.

There were 504 households out of which 42.7% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 57.1% were married couples living together, 11.5% had a female householder with no husband present, and 27.8% were non-families. 25.6% of all households were made up of individuals and 11.7% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.63 and the average family size was 3.16.

In the village, the population was spread out with 29.3% under the age of 18, 6.6% from 18 to 24, 30.4% from 25 to 44, 17.6% from 45 to 64, and 16.0% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 35 years. For every 100 females there were 100.0 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 90.2 males.

The median income for a household in the village was $39,750, and the median income for a family was $46,250. Males had a median income of $34,097 versus $27,353 for females. The per capita income for the village was $16,764. About 3.6% of families and 5.6% of the population were below the poverty line, including 5.7% of those under age 18 and 6.3% of those age 65 or over.

Notable people[edit]
---

That is the entire Wikipedia page.

Hahaha.

If you did it now, LA would have to be huge since half the population on the westside are bitter, ex-NYers who spend half their time calling back home to tell everyone how great the weather is.

Now? you missed Annie Hall made in 1979?

giphy.gif

I'll make this easy on you.

Find a job here first... then find the closest place you can live to that job that isn't ghetto.

And that might take some research because I've found that people that aren't from here just see palm trees and think everything's cool... it's not cool tho lol.

But if you buy a place in Fullerton and get a job in Santa Monica you're going to thoroughly hate your life.

Thanks, I am not moving without a job lined up.

My favorite is Bostoners... they come here and it's all Boston pride... "Oh yea, I mean the weathers nice but Boston, Boston, Boston blah blah..."

Then the next year, their accent is half gone, they still haven't made a trip back home, but they still wax poetic about Boston and they complain about the people in SoCal mostly.

The following year they've returned to Boston... realized that Bostoners fucking blow donkey balls and their accents are obnoxious and annoying and the weather is atrocious and everyone hates life... suddenly they have next to no accent unless you ask them to do it and while they won't completely dismiss Boston... they are now only going back if someone dies.

Sorry Remedy... it's true tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back