SBBC Thread: Lumi and RR bury the hatchet?

What will the outcome of Lumi and RR's meet up be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
My favorite is Bostoners... they come here and it's all Boston pride... "Oh yea, I mean the weathers nice but Boston, Boston, Boston blah blah..."

Then the next year, their accent is half gone, they still haven't made a trip back home, but they still wax poetic about Boston and they complain about the people in SoCal mostly.

The following year they've returned to Boston... realized that Bostoners fucking blow donkey balls and their accents are obnoxious and annoying and the weather is atrocious and everyone hates life... suddenly they have next to no accent unless you ask them to do it and while they won't completely dismiss Boston... they are now only going back if someone dies.

Sorry Remedy... it's true tho.

I have to agree.

When I was over there last, Bostonians are the worst.

People in Philly are really cool and nice. You can spend a month in Manhattan and not run into a native New Yorker. I probably run into more in LA than I do when I'm in NYC.

Lucky Boston is not a very big market for my work, so I don't really have to go there.

at SDSU, and presumably the other Cal States, we didn't apply by department or specific college, but it was broken up by that (but not w/ a major being in two separate schools, that's weird)

the scholarships, however, were approved and disbursed by the individual colleges and majors (if big enough)

It's why I skipped my graduation even though I was salutatorian and supposed to go up on stage for something. History fell under the College of Arts and Letters, and that graduation ceremony was absolutely absurd with thousands of people. no time for that shit, just got in in the mail hahaha

My favorite is Bostoners... they come here and it's all Boston pride... "Oh yea, I mean the weathers nice but Boston, Boston, Boston blah blah..."

Then the next year, their accent is half gone, they still haven't made a trip back home, but they still wax poetic about Boston and they complain about the people in SoCal mostly.

The following year they've returned to Boston... realized that Bostoners fucking blow donkey balls and their accents are obnoxious and annoying and the weather is atrocious and everyone hates life... suddenly they have next to no accent unless you ask them to do it and while they won't completely dismiss Boston... they are now only going back if someone dies.

Sorry Remedy... it's true tho.

This is just retarded and probably dated to the 70s or early 80s when CiH 'was still in the game'.

Boston is a world class cosmopolitan city that people flock to for work, the arts, education, and lifestyle. Bostonians rarely want to be far from Boston and if they do move for warmer weather it's to Florida or the Caribbean you dumb ass.

I have to agree.

When I was over there last, Bostonians are the worst.

People in Philly are really cool and nice. You can spend a month in Manhattan and not run into a native New Yorker. I probably run into more in LA than I do when I'm in NYC.

Lucky Boston is not a very big market for my work, so I don't really have to go there.

How many times have you been to Boston? Once?

bostoners don't want to leave b/c they know they'll be called racist everywhere else IMO
edit: I'm joking, although only partially

whats even worse is the lesser states around Boston. My relatives from Rhode Island are just boston lite, but somehow even more annoying and pats/brady dickriders

The Boston accent isn't really that prevalent in Boston outside of Southie anyways. Or at least not the obnoxious one that makes your brain cringe.

also, why isn't it the boston patriots? I realize they're in Foxboro, but so what...the chargers play in Oxnard, Pistons in Auburn Hill, etc...

They don't call them the NE Celtics, or Bruins (although there was the Hartford whalers prior, so that makes sense), or Red Sox

why does the whole region get a football team, and why is it the only football team for a whole region?

My guess is Lumi goes about his merry life... some time passes, RR claims Lebron is definitely coming to Houston, him and Harden had a great time at the strip club and Nerd Elvis has always wanted Lebron... This carries on for months, then Lebron ends up going elsewhere.

Lumi sits back and laughs... finds a way to play another brutal trap card. REAL TALK ensues... online fisticuffs begin, PUO gets really sensitive and calls Lumi classless... this inevitably summons BD who takes a timely pot shot, then Lumi and RR start becoming oddly friendly... everyone calms down and DDG now familiar with these situations, doesn't start a thread about it.

Lol. Your life sucks dick dude. Seriously. I'd probably take my own life if I was you. Post the pm's and get back to me. You can post mine too. Like I said let's go ahead and talk. I let you make iit

Oh, free pass for both of who each other are. Let's post. I don't give a shit if people know who I am. Bet you care though

The Boston accent isn't really that prevalent in Boston outside of Southie anyways. Or at least not the obnoxious one that makes your brain cringe.

This^^^. "Boston guy" has been displaced out of the city and it didn't happen recently.

also, why isn't it the boston patriots? I realize they're in Foxboro, but so what...the chargers play in Oxnard, Pistons in Auburn Hill, etc...

They don't call them the NE Celtics, or Bruins (although there was the Hartford whalers prior, so that makes sense), or Red Sox

why does the whole region get a football team, and why is it the only football team for a whole region?

When the NFL and AFL merged in 1970, the Patriots were placed in the AFC East division, where they still play today. The following year, the Patriots moved to a new stadium in Foxborough, Massachusetts, a suburb of Boston, which would serve as their home for 30 years; the team also changed their name to the New England Patriots to reflect the location change, as well as its following throughout the region as its only NFL team (though both New York City teams have substantial followings in parts of Connecticut as well). During the 1970s, the Patriots had some success, earning a berth to the playoffs in 1976—as a wild card-berth—and in 1978—as AFC East champions. They would lose both games. In 1985, they returned to the playoffs, and made it all the way to Super Bowl XX, which they lost against the Chicago Bears 46–10. Following their Super Bowl loss, they returned to the playoffs in 1986, but lost in the first round. The team would not make the playoffs again for eight more years. They changed ownership several times in that period, being purchased from the Sullivan family first by Victor Kiam in 1988, who sold the team to James Orthwein in 1992. Orthwein intended to move the team to his native St. Louis, Missouri, but sold the team two years later to current owner, local businessman Robert Kraft in 1994.[2]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_New_England_Patriots

All my relatives in R.I. have a lesser form of that accent.
I served in Afghanistan w/ the Massachusetts National Guard, aka the Yankee Division and they had it as well

Boston is full of tough white guys that don't let themselves get taken advantage by minorities - some racist can from mayberry yesterday

youre not gonna put a team in Connecticut/Maine/New Hampshire/Rhode Island/Vermont, although I am sure all those people are Paaaaay-tree-ats fans.

How many times have you been to Boston? Once?

Probably about 10 to 15 times since I was a kid. I have family that live in Reading, Mass - plus our last company annual event was held at the convention center by the waterfront. Just found a lot of people to be rude and impatient in a lot of the local shops that I go into it. Even more so than when I go into NY (admittedly I don't spend much time in Brooklyn or Queens though).

I guess it really stands out in my mind because one of the visits, I went to Philly right afterward and found everyone to be really friendly. It's all anecdotal, but I'm not sure what I'm supposed to judge the cities on other than my personal experience.

No one lives in Vermont, New Hampshire or Maine. Vermont literally has more cows than people. Rhode Island has a large enough city, but the whole state fits in BD's stained fast food shirts and is basically a suburb of Boston anyways. CT has three large cities, each worse than the last. Completely devoid of the money to support a professional team, except on the Coast, where everyone commutes into NYC for work.

As for the Red Sox and Celtics not being named New England, I'm not altogether sure why the Cheatriots were the only ones to change names, but they did it when they relocated out of the city.

This is just retarded and probably dated to the 70s or early 80s when CiH 'was still in the game'.

Boston is a world class cosmopolitan city that people flock to for work, the arts, education, and lifestyle. Bostonians rarely want to be far from Boston and if they do move for warmer weather it's to Florida or the Caribbean you dumb ass.

What are the 70's?

All I know is most Boston transplants I know (and this is all in the last 5-10 years) they start out as big time Boston lovers... those proud roots on display and then over the course of a few years... it's clear that they'll never go back.

This whole SoCal thing creeps up on you... and when you return to where ever you came from you're like, fuuucccckkk this shit blows.

Tends to hit Bostoner's harder than most.

Most of the time they keep their sports loyalties tho.

Bill Simmons is one of my favorite examples of this btw... when he first moved here he had every gripe in the world about it, now he's come to terms with his love affair and returning to Boston seems laughable.

youre not gonna put a team in Connecticut/Maine/New Hampshire/Rhode Island/Vermont, although I am sure all those people are Paaaaay-tree-ats fans.
there's no NFL team in New Mexico or even west texas for that matter

only the ARI cardinals, but they aren't the SW Cardinals are they?

Pacific NW Seahawks?

Boston is full of tough white guys that don't let themselves get taken advantage by minorities - some racist can from mayberry yesterday

Who probably lives in Worcester or Fall River.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back