SBBC: Your Perfect Snow Day [or Weather Related Absence From Responsibility]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come up north, do some ice fishing. Couple lawn chairs, a nice bonfire and some beers and a couple holes in the ice. Good times.
It the snow sticks around by Tahoe Im probably going to hit this up next week.

Fish tacos LOOM.

Watching the first episode of Godless. Looks pretty good so far. However, Sam Waterson doesn't fit the part to me. I have taken shits that look more rugged and durable than that old peter puffer. Maybe more episodes will change my mind

sam-waterston.jpg
giphy.gif

Think Im too much of a pussy to do my job in the snow. Dont know how those cats in Alaska and Canada can get down like that. Moving valves or getting on tools when your hands feel like theyre going to snap off lol.

Then again, its miserable here when its 90+ working around equipment thats 900 degrees too. Luckily dont have the humidity like back East.
you aren't lying

literally two minutes into the Baggage Detail at Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan you can't even open your hands fully anymore

I have no clue how people work in negative/below zero environments for hours on end

Should have went in Cabo. Catching dorado and wahoo is awesome.
Ya just wasnt going to work with the lady sitting there by herself while I went fishing.

I did eat my share of them while I was there though.

Drinking Dorado is also awesome.

plinytheyoungersandiegoalternativedorado1.jpg

you aren't lying

literally two minutes into the Baggage Detail at Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan you can't even open your hands fully anymore

I have no clue how people work in negative/below zero environments for hours on end

Can you imagine being a miner in Siberia.

"hey 'yo, I got my hands full here and my nuts are freezing in this -60F weather".

mirny-diamond-mine-russia-Cum1.jpg

Example15.php

The Ballast Point location here is absurd, easily the most impressive space I've ever been to for a brewery.

ballast-point-long-beach-web.jpg

That said, it's a bit of a zoo and the food mostly sucks lol. But on a good summer day, it's tough to beat. Has it's own boat dock, people pull up on kayaks, paddle boats, yachts all day.

Fav Beers are the Scottish Red "Piper Down" (giggity) and the seasonal coffee vanilla cream ale "Calm Before the Storm"

The Ballast Point location here is absurd, easily the most impressive space I've ever been to for a brewery.

That said, it's a bit of a zoo and the food mostly sucks lol. But on a good summer day, it's tough to beat. Has it's own boat dock, people pull up on kayaks, paddle boats, yachts all day.

Fav Beers are the Scottish Red "Piper Down" (giggity) and the seasonal coffee vanilla cream ale "Calm Before the Storm"
Yea that place is legit. Like to go there when I feel like taking a 2 hour lunch.

Ya just wasnt going to work with the lady sitting there by herself while I went fishing.

I did eat my share of them while I was there though.

Drinking Dorado is also awesome.

plinytheyoungersandiegoalternativedorado1.jpg

My wife likes fishing so the times I've gone she come along. Charting your own boat is the way to go.

Noticed the tip of the cap to Hunter:

The Ballast Point location here is absurd

Cool looking place, though. That looks awesome.

when I used to work at Joes Crab Shack behind the SD Convention Center it was kinda like a very poor man's version of that

IT used to be the much nicer Charthouse restaurant, and then switched

It's built on a pier, literally over the water where you can see Jellyfish below and starfish, etc...

Then there's a massive outdoor patio like that, w/ a dock for people to pull their boats up from the SD Bay/embarcadero area. Believe it or not a lot of people that own boats were all about that 33 shrimp for 10.99 deal when I worked there haha

Noticed the tip of the cap to Hunter:

The Ballast Point location here is absurd

Cool looking place, though. That would be cool to go to.

Shit, he's rubbing off on me.

But seriously it's just the sheer size of the place coupled with the location.

It's hard to find a picture that does it justice, huge indoor area, nearly as large upper deck, and then a large outdoor patio.

maxresdefault.jpg

And you still can't find a damn seat on the weekends haha

The amount of $ Ballast Point has made is mind boggling. The fact that people still pay that much for their beer with so many other option speaks volumes. Its crazy.

Those are two of my favorites also.

My wife likes fishing so the times I've gone she come along. Charting your own boat is the way to go.
My chick is a can and gets motion sickness pretty easily.

holla at that Dramamine, my brother gets motion sickness too and it works well for him

The Fairies in the Puget Sound were rough on him haha

Don't really drink Ballast Point beers anymore other than when I go there. Modern Times bless

Is that LB?

Long Beach Ballast location is fucking legit. I've prob been there a dozen times or so. My co workers and I used to go there once a month on friday after work. Might have to hit it up this weekend now that I think about it, haven't been there in like 6 weeks. Maybe I'll throw CIH in the ocean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back