Schaefer: Garcia-Spence Definitely a PPV Fight Fit For Las Vegas

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
https://www.boxingscene.com/schaefer-garcia-spence-definitely-ppv-fight-fit-las-vegas--130422

“Well, definitely it’s a pay-per-view fight,” Schaefer said. “It’s one of the biggest fights you can make. It’s like a dream matchup, like almost too good to be true. So, you know, definitely pay-per-view. And I do like to, I think for pay-per-view, Las Vegas is the perfect place. But I do believe with this huge turnout Mikey had tonight here – as I mentioned, it was slightly bigger than what we had for [Abner] Mares and [Leo] Santa Cruz [on June 9]. But for Mikey to come back here, after seven years, I mentioned it before, Los Angeles, Staples Center, has its fourth franchise here after the Lakers, the Clippers and the Kings. They have the Garcias now, Mikey Garcia, and I think this building here is gonna see much more of Mikey Garcia.”

Eh, better than squash matches for either, I guess.

The real fight for Garcia is Lomachenko, who I notice they didn't even mention last night as a potential Garcia opponent. Not sure if it'll be the same level of intrigue if Garcia moves up and takes an L from Spence.

Wouldnt even break 200k buys.

Not interested in seeing either waste their time with this. Mikey gets murdered and it does nothing for eithers career trajectory.

Horrible fight. Fan of both guys, wouldn't pay a cent to watch this mismatch. I'll still probably watch one of those things though for free.

They're looking at the end of the year. Mikey's mind is already made up. His family/team are against it but they want to support his decision (that old "daring to be great" cliche) and will train him. Spence wants this fight, obviously. Mikey did formally call out Spence (who was in attendance) last night after beating Easter Jr. Both Mikey and Spence have already talked to Haymon, according to Spence.

On PPV, in Vegas in November or December at Welterweight (no catchweight stipulation per Mikey). The Spence talk we've been hearing all the while was evidently not just name dropping on Mikey's part.

Eh, better than squash matches for either, I guess.

The real fight for Garcia is Lomachenko, who I notice they didn't even mention last night as a potential Garcia opponent. Not sure if it'll be the same level of intrigue if Garcia moves up and takes an L from Spence.
I disagree, nobody is giving Garcia much of a chance anyway

It doesn't affect his stock at 135 if he loses to Spence as expected. Loma beats Mikey anyway though

Meh. I doubt it happens. I think Garcia will likely price himself out, he's always overrated his value as a fighter.

I don't really get why this is the guy Garcia chose to call out. Doesn't seem like a smart fight for him at all.

I disagree, nobody is giving Garcia much of a chance anyway

It doesn't affect his stock at 135 if he loses to Spence as expected. Loma beats Mikey anyway though
Garcia loses to Spence but stops Lomachenko.

Hell be lucky to finish a sandwich if he actually fights Spence.

Very bad idea.

Garcia loses to Spence but stops Lomachenko.
I agree with this completely and really hope you're right about Mikey pricing himself out of it. I like Mikey even though he's frustrating at times with his career choices but this is just a terrible idea

This would do 300K buys max. More likely 150K.

This isn't happening.

Both at their peaks? Close fight. Danny has slumped, whereas Spence is up.

Spence wins. Decision.

Horrible horrible idea for Mikey, I think he gets stopped or badly and I mean badly looses a decision, why not call out Crawford? Much more competitive fight and bit more realistic

Sh*t fight from a business standpoint

Sh*t fight in general

Spence too big, fight Loma or even pac , chasing Spence and coming up two divs is pointless

Why is Mikey running from fighting Lomachenko?? He always makes some BS excuse that Arum won't let Lomachenko fight him. Why don't you actually test that and try and make the fight I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.... or not because I really think he doesn't want to fight him.

Back