Schaefer: Garcia-Spence Definitely a PPV Fight Fit For Las Vegas

I would rather face Loma than Spence at this point if I’m garcia. So I don’t get the “running from” point.

Also Spence and Garcia are PBC guys at this moment. Much easier fight to make.

I would rather face Loma than Spence at this point if I’m garcia. So I don’t get the “running from” point.

and that's what's so baffling about it. spence ends his career. no ifs, no buts, he fucking ends it.

so my guess is, mikey talks big game about fighting him, then "postpone's" it so it doesn't clash with other PPVs, but doesn't fight lomachenko in the meantime, either.

i'm a huge garcia fan, but he makes it very difficult to defend him with all these ridiculous call outs, while not fighting truly dangerous fights at his weight.

Because he's supposed to lose to Spence. Losing to Lomachenko which he will is unbearable in his mind.

Because he's supposed to lose to Spence. Losing to Lomachenko which he will is unbearable in his mind.

I don’t agree with that statement...

Mikey is a far better fighter than anyone loma has faced. It comes down to $$$$$$

Both at their peaks? Close fight. Danny has slumped, whereas Spence is up.

Spence wins. Decision.

I "liked" this post & am quoting it because on Earth-1 the scenario outlined in this post is the only sensible response to a headline that mentions "Garcia vs Spence".

Unfortunately, we live in fuckin' BizarroWorld, so of course Schaeffer's talking about former featherweight Mikey Garcia fighting Spence. Which is, obviously, a fuckin' stupid idea.

Mikey is a far better fighter than anyone loma has faced. It comes down to $$$$$$
yeah. and loma is far better than anyone mikey has faced. also, loma's competition is closer to garcia than garcia's is to loma.

Jesus H. Christ.

Thanks fellas.

I really botched that one.

M. Garcia should do whatever he wants, but I think unifying at 135 and tangling with Lomachenko might be just as good or better for his legacy than bloating up to WW.

I bet he picks the latter though, both are managed and promoted by Haymon so it's easy and Mikey has never shown a desire to unify for some reason.

yeah. and loma is far better than anyone mikey has faced. also, loma's competition is closer to garcia than garcia's is to loma.

It comes down to $$$$. Is Arum willing to pay Mikey. What he is going to make facing Spence. I don’t see anybody avoiding anybody. I like Loma I’m not bashing anybody. But I don’t think Loma’s resume is that superior. They have common opponents like Salido and Rocky Martinez

That works both ways. Loma is a far better fighter than anyone Mikey has faced.

Why is Mikey running from fighting Lomachenko?? He always makes some BS excuse that Arum won't let Lomachenko fight him. Why don't you actually test that and try and make the fight I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.... or not because I really think he doesn't want to fight him.
Or how about Lomachenko just had shoulder surgery and isn't going to fight someone like Mikey his first fight back (which is rumored to be Beltran/Pedraza winner in December) SO Mikey has some time and can make $3-5 million dollars fighting Spence should the PPV sell around 300k.

Or how about Lomachenko just had shoulder surgery and isn't going to fight someone like Mikey his first fight back (which is rumored to be Beltran/Pedraza winner in December) SO Mikey has some time and can make $3-5 million dollars fighting Spence should the PPV sell around 300k.
Mikey has a chance to ruin his career/life fighting Spence. The money is secondary lol.

Loma is fighting the winner of Beltran/Pedraza.
Already signed

Mikey looked a little soft at 140 so going even higher just doesn't seem like the best idea for his body. He's obviously a good boxer but Spence is probably as good or even better plus will be quite a bit bigger and will hit a lot harder. I guess if he pulls it off it will be legendary but most likely he takes a lot of big shots and gets stopped.

I wouldn’t say far, a small rigo Russell jr and linares are all pretty tuff competition. You could argue broner is Garcia’s best win which is not all that impressive in fact he really hasn’t beat anybody elite so how can he be called elite?

This whole narrative is fucking stupid. Mikey should not even mention Spence, Loma fans shouldn't act like Mikey's ducking since overrated Linares was almost too much for Loma, and Mikey's desire to move up shouldn't be questioned either as he has destroyed guys at his natural weight, and DOMINATED fighters who aren't total scrubs at 140 even if he didn't stop them. Loma can fight Beltran/pedraza, Mikey can get his name out there talking mad shit, and maybe they never fight but everyone way too quick to blame Mikey for everything (even me a few months back), but Loma isn't dominating that fight, he'll lose years of his life to beat Mikey if he even can (just like mikey will vs Spence), and he'll prolly get stopped instead because Mikey is bigger, hits harder, and has an IQ high enough to take away what makes loma special.

Personal opinion: neither fight happens. Mikey cant take Spence, and Loma will be protected from Mikey while fans say Mikey is ducking because it's already been decided in the casuals mind Loma cant be beat even though he already lost to a guy who couldn't even take a round off Mikey.

This whole narrative is fucking stupid. Mikey should not even mention Spence, Loma fans shouldn't act like Mikey's ducking since overrated Linares was almost too much for Loma, and Mikey's desire to move up shouldn't be questioned either as he has destroyed guys at his natural weight, and DOMINATED fighters who aren't total scrubs at 140 even if he didn't stop them. Loma can fight Beltran/pedraza, Mikey can get his name out there talking mad shit, and maybe they never fight but everyone way too quick to blame Mikey for everything (even me a few months back), but Loma isn't dominating that fight, he'll lose years of his life to beat Mikey if he even can (just like mikey will vs Spence), and he'll prolly get stopped instead because Mikey is bigger, hits harder, and has an IQ high enough to take away what makes loma special.

Personal opinion: neither fight happens. Mikey cant take Spence, and Loma will be protected from Mikey while fans say Mikey is ducking because it's already been decided in the casuals mind Loma cant be beat even though he already lost to a guy who couldn't even take a round off Mikey.

Linares was almost too much for Loma? In what universe? Are you basing that on one flash knockdown because otherwise Loma pretty much controlled that fight?
Loma lost to Salido in very controversial fashion. Do you think Salido could repeat that? Not a chance and you know it. Loma would drub Salido if they'd have rematched. And Mikey quit against Salido.

Linares was almost too much for Loma? In what universe? Are you basing that on one flash knockdown because otherwise Loma pretty much controlled that fight?
Loma lost to Salido in very controversial fashion. Do you think Salido could repeat that? Not a chance and you know it. Loma would drub Salido if they'd have rematched. And Mikey quit against Salido.
And let’s not forget Loma was basically one-armed for most of that fight.

No, what happened was a guy who's known to become undisciplined and abandon his gameplan and has super weak durability was coming on stronger and stonger and even scored a KD on Loma before getting too lazy and getting stopped. Fucking Tony DeMarco stopped the same guy.

Mikey didn't quit, his team was presented with the decision to not continue and still win the fight. In the hurt game youd do the exact same he did. He had nothing left to prove in that fight, he won every second and Salido was the one who wanted out. Fouling to get DQd and instead got decisioned. Had the fight gone on, Mikey would have stopped him. How many KDs did Loma score on Salido in their fight?

Is it so hard to comprehend eventually size and skill will be too much for Loma? Mikey is elite and has shown an ability to carry his dominant performances higher in weight. I think LW is it for Loma. Mikey will eventually rule 140.

Back