Scholars found first known copy of Jesus’ forbidden teachings to his bro James in original Greek

JosephDredd

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
https://www.rawstory.com/2017/11/sc...s-to-his-brother-james-in-its-original-greek/

For the first time, scholars have found a copy of the original Greek manuscript describing what Jesus secretly taught his brother James.

Biblical scholars at the University of Texas at Austin discovered the manuscript in the Nag Hammadi Library at Oxford University, where it may have been a tool teachers used to help students learn to read and write. According to ScienceDaily, to find a copy of such a manuscript in Greek—the language in which it was originally written—is incredibly rare.

The Nag Hammadi Library is a collection of 13 Coptic Gnostic books, also called codices, which were found in Egypt more than 70 years ago. Only a small handful of works from the library have been recovered in their original Greek versions.

"To say that we were excited once we realized what we'd found is an understatement," Geoffrey Smith, an assistant professor of religious studies at the University of Texas at Austin and one of the two scholars who made the discovery, told ScienceDaily. "We never suspected that Greek fragments of the First Apocalypse of James survived from antiquity. But there they were, right in front of us."

"The New Testament says nothing about Mary being a perpetual virgin, it says she virginally conceived Jesus, and it certainly implies that she went on to have more children after that, and his brothers and sisters are in fact his brothers and sisters," Witherington told CNN.

More info about it's discovery at the link.

I've never heard of his forbidden teachings before. Anyone have some insight?

i baby goat i baby goat

tom hanks was right all along though...

aiEJH.gif

If it supports their claims, christians will praise it to the end. If it disproves their pet beliefs, they'll talk about how faith makes evidence not really count either way.

So what period are the codes from? Septuagint was from 300 B.C., but the codecs were found in Egypt. Greece didn't rule Egypt until 300 A.D.

If it supports their claims, christians will praise it to the end. If it disproves their pet beliefs, they'll talk about how faith makes evidence not really count either way.

Yeah because atheists would never have faith over evidence lol

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/11/sc...s-to-his-brother-james-in-its-original-greek/

More info about it's discovery at the link.

I've never heard of his forbidden teachings before. Anyone have some insight?
when jesus supposedly walked the earth 99.99999999% of people didnt write pretty sure the "stories" of the bible werent even written down until a few HUNDRED years after his supposed death...

the people who "wrote" the bible literally were writing a work of fiction loosely based upon hundreds of yrs old game of "telephone"

when jesus supposedly walked the earth 99.99999999% of people didnt write pretty sure the "stories" of the bible werent even written down until a few HUNDRED years after his supposed death...

the people who "wrote" the bible literally were writing a work of fiction loosely based upon hundreds of yrs old game of "telephone"

Maybe it’s difficult to pull up a desk and start writing stuff down...WHEN YOU’RE BEING PERSECUTED!!!

So then would christians refer to his brothers as brothers of God?

Yeah because atheists would never have faith over evidence lol

Faith, which is the ability to believe without evidence, has no place in science. It is the pillar of religion.

showing your ass once again helps nobody.

From a fish boy, to a bitch boy
tenor.gif

My prediction: this thread will go "swimmingly".

Back