School Directory

if anyone is in Boise,idaho or surrounding area....check out primaltribefighting.com
we've had a former ufc fighter from out camp.. current FCFF light heavy weight champion... Kotc,Sportfight,Gladiator challenge,IFC,UCE,, etc...verterans....
we train BJJ 3 days a week.. Tues,Wed,Thurs..1 time a week(per month) =$25 2 times per week $45. 3 time $65.. you can schedule private lessons. we also train at sidekick martial arts for Boxing and Muay thai... that is 4 days a week. and boxing is only $20 per month... also gold gym has muay thai and bjj, and boxing for around $40 per month,, 5 days a week.

* World Muay Thai Gym
* California: Santa Clarita 91350
* Rigorous conditioning and classic / effective Muay Thai training.
* Instructor: Pongsan Ekyotin - IKKC World Lightweight Champion. Champion of Lumpineel
* Class information; including schedule and pricing
* http://www.worldmuaythaigym.us/
* [email protected]

-The gym has different payment options, the average payment is $90 / month with 6 month contract, or $100 without a contract.

-The gym is open from 10am-10pm every day besides sunday, saturday having a shorter schedule. You can come to train at the classes every day, or you can find some partners to spar and train with, or just come alone.

-It is SUPER clean, with 8+ heavy bags, waffle mats on the floor, large sized ring, bathroom, gear, etc.

*SitYodTong Muay Thai
*Somerville, MA
*World Class Muay Thai, also Vale Tudo and brazilian jiu jitsu, and western boxing.
*Instructor: Kru YodMark
www.sityodtong.com

Name: The Defensive Tactics Institute
What they teach: MMA (Boxing/MT standup-BJJ,sub grappling ground) Traditional arts San soo, Hapkido, Aikido, Judo programs throughout week (Military/LEO seminars, Tactical Firearms training, modern weapons training by appointment)
Owner: Michael Heck
Class info: $60/mo unlimited attendance, classes offered 6 days a week ,14 classes a week
Link: www.IdahoDTI.com
[email protected]

Ultimate Martial Arts
201 NW 11th Street
Blue Springs, Missouri 64015

http://www.ultimatemartialarts.tv

Kansas City Metropolitan Area (includes Grain Valley, Oak Grove, Lee's Summit, Independence, Raytown, Grandview, Riverside, North Kansas City, Liberty)

e-mail: [email protected]

MMA - Mixed Martial Arts, Judo, Systema - Russian Martial Art, Aikido

I live in OC and it is tough to find an affordable Muay Thai school. They all want shitloads of cash...OC Muay Thai is 160 bucks a month...if u have the cash go for it....OCMUAYTHAI.com
or http://www.int-kickboxing.com/ is another place and is only 100 dollars a month...

Memphis BJJ & muay thai

Memphis, TN, USA

Muay thai, BJJ, Judo, Jujitsu, Akido

Muay thai Monday & Wensday 6:30-8:00

Memphisbjj.com

[email protected] <--- Also aim name

This is one of the only and probably the best schools in memphis for muay thai and BJJ

The name of the school:
Birmingham Black Belt Academy

What they teach:
valetudo brazilian style,Muay thai cute boxe style, capoeira angola or regional, shotokan katrate modern/classical

Instructors:
Prof. Israel Costa from the Bahia region of Brazil
Sensi Wagner Fiuza Lima Carrilho Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.

Class information; including schedule and pricing
Over 85% of all Martial arts instruction in the UK is carried out in Church halls, School gymnasiums, youth clubs and other hired locations. Birmingham Black Belt Academy is a break away from this growing trend. Housed in specially converted Victorian premises,
Birmingham Black Belt Academy offers unrivalled opportunities for any Mixed Martial Artist.

im pretty knew to the world of MMA but ive been reading alot about it and i have yet to find a repectable Jiu-Jitsu/muay thai training facility in my area...Does Anyone happen to know one in Nassau County, NY?

Does anyone know any good schools in Fort Lauderdale? I recently moved here and I can't find a good school. In particular, I am looking for something similar to Kenpo. All of the dojos that I have gone to here do not seem to have the same discipline as the dojo that I just left.

Here is a list of three that I am considering: (let me know if anyone of you have trained at these places:

1. AmericanTop Team

2. Haganah

3. Bushido Knights Academy of South Florida

Any help would be great.

VegasWhale said:
Does anyone know any good schools in Fort Lauderdale? I recently moved here and I can't find a good school. In particular, I am looking for something similar to Kenpo. All of the dojos that I have gone to here do not seem to have the same discipline as the dojo that I just left.

Here is a list of three that I am considering: (let me know if anyone of you have trained at these places:

1. AmericanTop Team

2. Haganah

3. Bushido Knights Academy of South Florida

Any help would be great.

I teach at the Bushido Knights.

All the schools you listed are very good but none of us teach Kenpo.

I believe there is a kenpo school out west that is in the Ed Parker lineage but I don't know much about them. I just spoke to one of their students a few years back. Possibly you could find them through one of the national Kenpo associations.

American top team is very good at grappling ( I have seen them at NAGA events and they do well) and they also do stand up (I believe Muy thai)

Haganah seems to be a type of Krav Maga -though Master Kanarek has training in other systems which he may pull from. It is very street functional and simple like Krav Maga tends to be.

At the Bushido Knights Ryu we also focus on street effective Martial Arts. We feel to be an excellent Martial Artist you should be equally skilled at all fighting ranges.

Your best bet is to go out to the schools and take some classes. I would imagine that the you can just go in to the other 2 schools and watch or do some free trial classes.

If prospective students don't have a referral from one of our current students we have an admissions program where we have people come and train with us for two weeks (free) so we can train them and see if they have the qualities we are looking for in our students. we should have some openings later in Feb.

in the meantime you should go take a class at the other 2 schools so you know what they do and if they are a good fit for you and your training needs.

You really need to get out on the mat with people if you want to know about their Art and find out if the Art and the teacher are right for you.

best of luck in your training,
Sensei Knapton

Thank you Sensei Knapton. The information that you have provided will certinaly help. I have already visited several places in the area and the atmosphere was not there for me. However, I have been told several times how great the Bushido Knights Academy is and your website has also been helpfull. Hopefully, when you all have an opening I can come and check out a few of your classes. Once again, thanks for your help!

VegasWhale said:
Thank you Sensei Knapton. The information that you have provided will certinaly help. I have already visited several places in the area and the atmosphere was not there for me. However, I have been told several times how great the Bushido Knights Academy is and your website has also been helpfull. Hopefully, when you all have an opening I can come and check out a few of your classes. Once again, thanks for your help!

Very good

go back to our web site

www.bushidoknights.com

and hit one of the "take action" links. Fill out the form with your contact info (mention that you are the person from this forum) and we will see when we can reserve you a space.

or just call us directly at 954.455.1005

Be sure to choose a school and get back into the Arts as soon as you can. People fade away from training all the time, so if training is really important to you don't want to let that happen.

I talk to old students all the time who got caught up in other things and got out of training and now they are out of shape and their skills are rusty and they wish they had stayed with it. Don't let it happen to you.

Good luck,
Sensei

East Coast Submissions Academy
Durham, NC
Submissions grappling, Kickboxing/muay thai, traditional marital arts
head instructor Danny DanielsPro MMA Fighter for Team Shamrock, 2nd Degree Black Belt in Karate, 1st level Brown Belt in Jiu Jitsu
www.eastcoastsubmissions.com/

Hybrid Academy of Martial Arts

5476 Va Beach Blvd. Suite 127
Va beach, Va. 23462

Muay Thai, BJJ, Submission Wrestling, Judo, Kali/Silat, Capoeria, MMA, Kids martial arts.

Owner/Head instructor Buck Grant

For info on class Sched call 757-490-6906. Free one week trial offer.

www.hybridacademy.com

If you have any questions for me my email is [email protected]

Back