Schumer wants to hold Equifax accountable

• Thread starter Deleted member 159002
  • Start date
I used Equifax in the past. According to their website, my info was likely compromised.

Their solution is to provide their premier credit / monitoring program for free, which I signed up for.

So now I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place. Although there is a service monitoring my information for free, it's being monitored by the same dumb ass company that allowed my info to be leaked in the first place.
I would advise against signing up for this for two reasons: The first, you mentioned. They're probably not the sharpest tools in the shed. Second, you're going to disqualify yourself from the future class action suit against them.

all the executive team at equifax should be hanged

their families should be sent to prison camps

I would advise against signing up for this for two reasons: The first, you mentioned. They're probably not the sharpest tools in the shed. Second, you're going to disqualify yourself from the future class action suit against them.

Oh shit. I didn't even think of that.

Has anyone seen any ads or stories about the other two credit companies trying to cash in on this debacle. Corporate credibilty is real and it should get a lot more real for Equifax, as in people should abandon them and seek service elsewhere.

There's a reason you never hear of Riggs Bank anymore. They are out of business. Nobody trusted them.

I thought they got rid of that arbitration shit because of the HUGE outcry?

What's so funny is that the more times you sign on to these types of credit sites the more your credit goes down.

Lol what a fucking sham.

When I did mortgages you told your customers not to check their credit score every day cause it will drop your score.

What's so funny is that the more times you sign on to these types of credit sites the more your credit goes down.

Lol what a fucking sham.

When I did mortgages you told your customers not to check their credit score every day cause it will drop your score.
That's bad logic. Your credit worthiness doesn't decay with each check of the score. These business practices stink. Why don't they put more thought into not giving credit cards to fraudsters in someone else's name?

That's bad logic. Your credit worthiness doesn't decay with each check of the score. These business practices stink. Why don't they put more thought into not giving credit cards to fraudsters in someone else's name?

It does go down the more times you run your credit report through the big 3 credit report agencies

Back