scientists discover why men with older brothers are more likely to be gay

According to a study conducted by researchers at Brock University, Canada, and published in the journal PNAS on Monday, Y-linked protein gets into the bloodstream of some women when they are pregnant with a boy. As women do not have the Y chromosome, their bodies create antibodies. These get stored in the women’s bodies and when they become pregnant with another boy, the antibodies cross the placenta and enter the fetus’ brain.

"That may alter the functions in the brain, changing the direction of how the male fetus may later develop their sense of attraction," said Anthony Bogaert,

So in other words, it's a disorder. Homosexuality is a birth defect or mental illness. We're not meant to be gay. Can't wait to see what they find out about Transgender and what causes it.
Well, this is a pretty inflammatory thing to say. However, "gayness" is, by definition, not an advantageous adaptation. Without intervention like artificial insemination, or without an instance of heterosexual behavior, homosexuality ensures that your genes will not be passed on. That much is true and indisputable. But I don't think that it's fair to say that a reproductive disadvantage is the same thing as a mental illness. Obviously, homosexuals can still function in society without any meaningful loss of productivity. To classify it as a mental illness, you'd need to prove that gay people can't function in a manner that you'd see from other mentally ill people.

Edit: The irony is that this discussion is occurring over a computer. Computers were essentially invented by an Englishman named Alan Turing. Turing's work breaking the German Enigma machine in WWII was instrumental in defeating the Axis Powers, and all advances in computer science can be traced back to his original work. He is still taught in colleges today in things like Turing's Primitives. By the way, he was gay.

K... but if somebody is attracted to animals or small kids n chooses not to have sex with them cause he/she feels it’s abnormal, it’s still a choice they make.

Well that would be unnatural and illegal now wouldn't it? Whereas being gay is natural and within the limits of the law so it's a bit different.

Most everything in life is a choice so we aren't exactly breaking new ground here, except things that are inherent to you like being gay or straight, or having blue eyes or brown hair

Sexual orientation is on its way to becoming a protected class, so that argument won't fly for long.

I guess some way somebody born with a handicap...

It doesn’t mean if there’s a possibility to prevent it, ppl won’t do it

I guess some way somebody born with a handicap...

It doesn’t mean if there’s a possibility to prevent it, ppl won’t do it
People are already eradicating down syndrome by detecting it and having abortions, but I don't think the same will happen for homosexuality, because it will be a probability thing and not a detectable physical defect. But I do wonder what people will do if we get to a point where the doctor can say "there's a 79% chance your son will be gay." Interesting dilemma for some people.

People are already eradicating down syndrome by detecting it and having abortions, but I don't think the same will happen for homosexuality, because it will be a probability thing and not a detectable physical defect. But I do wonder what people will do if we get to a point where the doctor can say "there's a 79% chance your son will be gay." Interesting dilemma for some people.

Explain gayness being a physical defect?

Well that would be unnatural and illegal now wouldn't it? Whereas being gay is natural and within the limits of the law so it's a bit different.

Most everything in life is a choice so we aren't exactly breaking new ground here, except things that are inherent to you like being gay or straight, or having blue eyes or brown hair

Being attracted to same sex is as natural as being attracted to kids or animals

N if your entire argument is “it’s legal vs it’s illegal” all we gotta go is make homosexuality illegal n it becomes unnatural to you again?

For the last part of your post...

There’s a difference between what you think n what you do

If I’m married, but have desire to sleep with other women, m I “cheating” on my wife?

Explain gayness being a physical defect?
Don't ask me, I think it sounds ridiculous to say that nowadays. But a lot of people consider gayness to be a defect.

Being attracted to same sex is as natural as being attracted to kids or animals

N if your entire argument is “it’s legal vs it’s illegal” all we gotta go is make homosexuality illegal n it becomes unnatural to you again?

For the last part of your post...

There’s a difference between what you think n what you do

If I’m married, but have desire to sleep with other women, m I “cheating” on my wife?

So then why do animals exhibit homosexual behavior? Are they sinning? Are they just confused? lol

Educate yourself

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_animals_displaying_homosexual_behavior

Same as if the doc tells you there’s high probability your son will be attracted to kids/animals

Do you roll the dice n hope for the best or you don’t take any chances

Same as if the doc tells you there’s high probability your son will be attracted to kids/animals

Do you roll the dice n hope for the best or you don’t take any chances
Suppose so. But by that time, we might be able to "correct" it, which is more complicated.

I swear I'll shit if what leads us into Gattaca is conservatives not wanting queer sons.

I have an older brother but I didn't have my butt burgled by him or anyone else. Am I a victim? I think there's a Lena Dunham-sized ask-me-anything niche to fill here.

So then why do animals exhibit homosexual behavior? Are they sinning? Are they just confused? lol

Educate yourself

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_animals_displaying_homosexual_behavior

Same reason why animals Also have sex with other species n their young.

Same reason why men have sex with men in prison, that immigrant had sex with a kid in a pool in Germany or why a fat sweaty chick doesn’t look so bad if it’s the only option available.

Under normal conditions healthy males are suppose to be attracted by healthy females

If that doesn’t happen you have some type of imbalance somewhere

Like one of my professors used to say: Statistics are like prisoners, torture them enough and they’ll say whatever you want.

K... but if somebody is attracted to animals or small kids n chooses not to have sex with them cause he/she feels it’s abnormal, it’s still a choice they make.

They're good people so the god's make it so they don't fall onto their bike with no seat situation. The bad one's do and in fact are forced onto the bike with no seat so It's not really their fault if they have the right lawyer.

I have an older brother but I didn't have my butt burgled by him or anyone else. Am I a victim? I think there's a Lena Dunham-sized ask-me-anything niche to fill here.

How cruel!

I’m sure we can all agree here that a solution to this problem is introducing gay course early in child’s education n teach them to be gay

The ideal society is the one where all men are gay n women have total control.

How cruel!

I’m sure we can all agree here that a solution to this problem is introducing gay course early in child’s education.

Kids should be encouraged to be gay.

The ideal society is the one where all men are gay n women have total control.

Gay men contribute best because they're: uniquely perceptive (often in ways most people can't understand because they're not on their level that way), don't sexualize women unless if It's making their wardrobes naughty-school-girl for a Halloween party or a Diva that will make assaulters of all the straight men at the office, they are very Cosmo, they can talk pop culture which we all think is "hot as ____" by the time they're done with the last "s." Hetero men are so unsafe space except for to-die-for Shades of Grey guy - until career calls and victim-need kicks in.

That doesn't seem to make sense. That seems to suggest that there should have been more gay men in the 1920's than now.

I know people are more open about it today than in the past, but people had more kids in the past so the odds would have been greater to pop out 3-4 gay sons per family.
How do you know that there wasn't more gay men at that time? It was horribly repressed at the time. Plenty of gay guys have wives and kids

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back