scientists discover why men with older brothers are more likely to be gay

That doesn't seem to make sense. That seems to suggest that there should have been more gay men in the 1920's than now.

I know people are more open about it today than in the past, but people had more kids in the past so the odds would have been greater to pop out 3-4 gay sons per family.
I think the bolded part is the main thing here. I suspect (though I'm not putting it forth as a definitive fact, as I don't really consider myself qualified to say) that the percentage of the population that is gay or bisexual hasn't really changed substantially, only the openness of it. Even though it admittedly has a lot of flaws, Kinsey's studies in the 40s seems to suggest as much.

How cruel!

I’m sure we can all agree here that a solution to this problem is introducing gay course early in child’s education n teach them to be gay

The ideal society is the one where all men are gay n women have total control.

Do you have any older brothers?

So it's a woman's fault that gay men are gay? No wonder that they hate women.

I stopped reading after "in 1962".
If they conduct the same research now it will say the old effort was complete made up bullshit.
Common people... 1962 for fuck sake.

Zebby knows a lot on the subject Because he’s gay. Stop arguing guys.

How do you know that there wasn't more gay men at that time? It was horribly repressed at the time. Plenty of gay guys have wives and kids

I don't, but comparing gay population sizes across countries (where most are a lot more accepting of it than the US in past) it seems that we would have been an anomaly.

Having a wife and kids and liking dudes means that you're bi instead of gay.

I don't, but comparing gay population sizes across countries (where most are a lot more accepting of it than the US in past) it seems that we would have been an anomaly.

Having a wife and kids and liking dudes means that you're bi instead of gay.
That's assuming that they really do like women and didn't just adopt it as a survival tactic, not unlike (for example) someone who turned "gay" in jail to better chances at survival.

Also, I assume that whatever genes or mechanism that creates gay dudes is the same as in bi dudes

I always wondered what hell would break loose when scientists figure out how to cure homosexuality. It's just a matter of time. Same with transgenderism, pedophilia, etc.

Then again, they could also make a treatment where someone is more likely to be gay or a pedophile.

A treatment like murder? That is what Denmark seems to be doing to the Down Syndrome people.

It would seem to me that having too many straight males in a "tribe" would cause conflict.

So it makes sense to evolve mechanism to reduce the number of straight males in a group that already has a lot of males.

Evolutionarily speaking a man with brothers doesn't need to procreate for his genetics to be carried forward, so long as his brothers have kids. A younger brother being gay may allow the group to have more kids in the long run because the brothers aren't killing each other over mates.

Zebby knows a lot on the subject Because he’s gay. Stop arguing guys.

I'm not but if I was who really cares? Only people who are extremely insecure within themselves (like religious folk who just know their religion is bullshit but are afraid to come to terms with it) see homosexuality as something bad

I'm not but if I was who really cares? Only people who are extremely insecure within themselves (like religious folk who just know their religion is bullshit but are afraid to come to terms with it) see homosexuality as something bad
touchy eh? :)

As expected, a fuckton of people don't understand how statistics work or what the terms "more likely" and "increased chances" mean.

<Prem973><Prem973>

The few gays that worked in our office over the years where the ones who where deeply hateful and insecure. Most straight people bend over backwards to accommodate not to end up in hr. Also law force people to be nice to gays but it doesn't oblige them to love gays or be friends with them. Being an outsider must suck but everyone have their problems

It would seem to me that having too many straight males in a "tribe" would cause conflict.

So it makes sense to evolve mechanism to reduce the number of straight males in a group that already has a lot of males.

Evolutionarily speaking a man with brothers doesn't need to procreate for his genetics to be carried forward, so long as his brothers have kids. A younger brother being gay may allow the group to have more kids in the long run because the brothers aren't killing each other over mates.

What about transgenders? Can you make up a theory for them as well? "Evolutionarily" speaking?

As expected, a fuckton of people don't understand how statistics work or what the terms "more likely" and "increased chances" mean.

<Prem973><Prem973>
Yeah, the general population seem to be retarded o_O on Sherdog I mean

But you could use same type of reasoning to explain then ppl being attracted to kids or animals or having other types of handicaps/disorders

But why have any sex drive at all then? The younger brother could easily be asexual as well or sterile.

From evolution point of view it would make more sense to have no sex drive, than have an abnormal sexual desires. Most homosexual seem to be overly sexualized which wouldn’t make sense.

People are already eradicating down syndrome by detecting it and having abortions, but I don't think the same will happen for homosexuality, because it will be a probability thing and not a detectable physical defect. But I do wonder what people will do if we get to a point where the doctor can say "there's a 79% chance your son will be gay." Interesting dilemma for some people.
I wonder how much these studies and numbers would change if bisexual people were included.

Back