scientists find half the universe's missing matter

I love the fuddling muggling guff these people come out with trying to explain reality and our existence with numbers and measurements .. its funny as fuck.

And if they're 100% accurate...so? It's just something super nerds get paid to fuck with that has little practical application.

And if they're 100% accurate...so? It's just something super nerds get paid to fuck with that has little practical application.

What has little practical applications?

The fact is most people don't even know what the terms used in the article means. People just take these scientists word for it because they have been taught that the scientists have figured it all out and know the truth. The idea that people just believe the scientists found missing matter here or there without any actual proof or evidence to read just shows how gullible we've all become.

That's a bit of irony... you calling others gullible.

where the other half of the universe's matter is or anything a physicist "discovers" nowadays.

You realize that 100 years ago quantum mechanics had no practical use either, right?

I'm not about to get all excited about some stuff that's gonna happen 100 years from now.

Ok, fair enough. You sound you're belittling a physicist's work though.

I love the fuddling muggling guff these people come out with trying to explain reality and our existence with numbers and measurements .. its funny as fuck.

No one except religious morons is trying to explain our existence. They're trying to understand the universe we all a part of at this moment.

Why would you say that? Without their work you wouldn't be typing on the computer or phone you're using.

I think a lot of them get paid for very little actual contribution to life. I'm torn on the subject.

I think a lot of them get paid for very little actual contribution to life. I'm torn on the subject.

What makes something a "contribution to life" in your opinion?

What makes something a "contribution to life" in your opinion?

I don't quite have a definition for it but it is something beyond failed test runs that don't provide positive results for sure.

I don't quite have a definition for it but it is something beyond failed test runs that don't provide positive results for sure.

Hmmm...

Well, Pythagoras came up with a^2+b^2=c^2 about 2500 years ago, and I imagine the average Greek couldn't possibly have cared less about it. But much of what makes our world what it is today is based on that discovery or what followed from it.

But you said earlier that you don't care much about things that happen 100 years from now, so I don't see that line of reasoning being terribly impactful. But 100 years is the blink of an eye in the scope of history, and if that's too long of a period for us to care about, I wonder where things are headed for us in the long term.

People will bounce of the walls in rage if you say a critical world about one of their kids, but many of these same people don't seem to be concerned if there is a world at all for their great-great-great-grandkids.

Anyway, not necessarily grouping you in with anyone in particular.

Last edited:

Failed test runs? What are you talking about?

Physicists have an imprint on most of your life.

What do you do, by the way?

Failed test runs? What are you talking about?

Physicists have an imprint on most of your life.

What do you do, by the way?

What do I do? I'm not sure what the pertinence is to be honest. I'm a manufacturing technician though.

No one except religious morons is trying to explain our existence. They're trying to understand the universe we all a part of at this moment.

Same thing numb nuts

Hmmm...

Well, Pythagoras came up with a^2+b^2=c^2 about 2500 years ago, and I imagine the average Greek couldn't possibly have cared less about it. But much of what makes our world what it is today is based on that discovery or what followed from it.

But you said earlier that you don't care much about things that happen 100 years from now, so I don't see that line of reasoning being terribly impactful. But 100 years is the blink of an eye in the scope of history, and if that's too long of a period for us to care about, I wonder where things are headed for us in the long term.

People will bounce of the walls in rage if you say a critical world about one of their kids, but many of these same people don't seem to be concerned if there is a world at all for their great-great-great-grandkids.

Anyway, not necessarily grouping you in with anyone in particular.

I'll group him in with someone in particular. Morons.

Back