scientists find half the universe's missing matter

Hmmm...

Well, Pythagoras came up with a^2+b^2=c^2 about 2500 years ago, and I imagine the average Greek couldn't possibly have cared less about it. But much of what makes our world what it is today is based on that discovery or what followed from it.

But you said earlier that you don't care much about things that happen 100 years from now, so I don't see that line of reasoning being terribly impactful. But 100 years is the blink of an eye in the scope of history, and if that's too long of a period for us to care about, I wonder where things are headed for us in the long term.

People will bounce of the walls in rage if you say a critical world about one of their kids, but many of these same people don't seem to be concerned if there is a world at all for their great-great-great-grandkids.

Anyway, not necessarily grouping you in with anyone in particular.

Some of the ancients made beastly discoveries that still baffle me as to how and using what thought process led them to the discovery. Galileo's law of inertia was pretty huge and very unintuitive. So abstract you had to be on mental roids to come up with the idea. greeks (archimedes, apollonius, etc.) were clearly not natty. Laying down the foundations for calculus 2000 years ago... that's mindfuckery and people trivialize these things lol. Can you even get a satellite off the ground without using some trigonometry? Doubtful. Nothing but mad respect for classical antiquity mathematicians. Guys like Euler that carrier on their work too. They should be on front cover of magazines, not fat ass Kim K.

Some of the ancients made beastly discoveries that still baffle me as to how and using what thought process led them to the discovery. Galileo's law of inertia was pretty huge and very unintuitive. So abstract you had to be on mental roids to come up with the idea. greeks (archimedes, apollonius, etc.) were clearly not natty. Laying down the foundations for calculus 2000 years ago... that's mindfuckery and people trivialize these things lol. Can you even get a satellite off the ground without using some trigonometry? Doubtful. Nothing but mad respect for classical antiquity mathematicians. Guys like Euler that carrier on their work too. They should be on front cover of magazines, not fat ass Kim K.

Don't forget about Frank Trigg and Triggonomics.

What do I do? I'm not sure what the pertinence is to be honest. I'm a manufacturing technician though.

Physics probably is involved in 90% of your job in various ways.

I know the difference. I teach physics to engineers.

What does this have to do with anything? Engineering is applied physics. Physics is everywhere.

So you knew what I was talking about the whole time but just decided to be cunty.

Yay.

???

Your whole assertion is physicists don't benefit society, right? WTF are you trying to say then?

The practical applications of a physicist's findings don't come from physicist.

The practical applications of a physicist's findings don't come from physicist.

Holy crap dude. Where do you think the physics comes from though? You can't have one without the other.

Also, who do you think invented the first battery, for instance?

I don't care what anyone says, I'm not really here..

Back