Scott Adam's new book: Win Bigly comes out this month

Thats what im saying. hes trying to create a moral code from a scientific standpoint. It really makes no sense and is an illusion as well, hes just trying to create his own code of ethics with guise of science being the backbone. My hunch is that he is trying to appeal to an audience, rather who view his typical philosophy to be too nihilistic
But what you said was this
In his book there is a chapter based Around cognitive dissonance and confirmation bias

He then goes on to explain how pretty much every belief you have is an illusion. Which is actually a concept that sam harris promotes. My problem with harris is that hes now trying to push his own version of a moral compass. When for years hes been preaching that morals and free will are illusions
and that's not what Sam argues.

But what you said was this

and that's not what Sam argues.
He argues that free will is an illusion. And that humans are mainly irrational. Whos to say a muslims moral compass is any better than a christians. Or vice versa. What benefit does sam's scientific moral compass have as opposed to any other code of morals? Morals dont exist from an evolutionary standpoint, we follow 4 rules: survive, compete, mate, tend to offspring. Any other value is an illusion

He argues that free will is an illusion. And that humans are mainly irrational. Whos to say a muslims moral compass is any better than a christians. Or vice versa. What benefit does sam's scientific moral compass have as opposed to any other code of morals? Morals dont exist from an evolutionary standpoint, we follow 4 rules: survive, compete, mate, tend to offspring. Any other value is an illusion
I'm not going to argue his point since I'm not sure I agree with it, just that your characterization of his POV is flat out wrong.

I'm not going to argue his point since I'm not sure I agree with it, just that your characterization of his POV is flat out wrong.
Enlighten me then. From what ive read and heard from his podcasts. He argues that morals can exist based on suffering

Enlighten me then. From what ive read and heard from his podcasts. He argues that morals can exist based on suffering
Something like that. Which is to say, they're not an illusion. He's only argued free will is an illusion.

Something like that. Which is to say, they're not an illusion. He's only argued free will is an illusion.
Not true at all. Alot of our human success and progression came at the expense of others suffering. What of pedophiles, rapists, murderers? We are satisfied with knowing they suffer in their fate. Suffering isnt an indicator of anything. Survival of the fittest is a more realistic code. However, Wanting to help others is a maternal chatactersistic and compeltely normal too.

Not true at all. Alot of our human success and progression came at the expense of others suffering. What of pedophiles, rapists, murderers? We are satisfied with knowing they suffer in their fate. Suffering isnt an indicator of anything. Survival of the fittest is a more realistic code. However, Wanting to help others is a maternal chatactersistic and compeltely normal too.
I'm not here to argue in favor of Sam's POV, I'm just saying that your characterization of it was inaccurate.

Back