Scott Coker interested in new free agent Yair Rodriguez

Man its sorta shocking it seems the dude has lost confidence and they want to put him in with killers.
If your in the UFC you should be ready to fight any challenger, its the premier place to be. I have no doubt though that he will return to the UFC after crushing a few cans.

*3 days ago*

UFC fanboys: Yair is a beast bro him vs Zabit would be a great fight. 2 top 15 FWs going at it yeah should be a great fight bro.

*1 day later*
Dana White: he can take his business elsewhere

*today*
UFC fanboys: Yair is an overrated scrub bro thank god Bellator is here to pick up the scraps. LMAO b-league organization is here to pick up the leftovers LMFAO LOL dude yeah Bro what an overrated bum I love Sage and PvZ they’re legit man.

2a558l.jpg

Getting thrashed by the first elite fighter he came across and then ducking two big fights without any satisfactory reason to do so is going to be hard to recover from, particularly I imagine in Latin America where there is definitely more of a machismo culture.

No idea why anyone would mock Bellator for signing him. Some Zuffa zombies are just absurd that they don't want other organizations to acquire talent. Would be a great addition for Bellator and some interesting matchups available.

bellator is perfect for him, he can duck all the fights he wants like MVP

No idea why anyone would mock Bellator for signing him. Some Zuffa zombies are just absurd that they don't want other organizations to acquire talent. Would be a great addition for Bellator and some interesting matchups available.
Ufc can do no wrong to some people. I don’t even think yair has been officially released

This could just be a silly ploy by Dana to try and bait Yair Into something.

WTF!? Yair Rodriguez is a free agent??? WHY?!

YES Bellator should (and will) pick him up. I can't believe UFC let him go

I wouldn't be surprised if this was a part of their thinking. Have Bellator overpay(yet again) for a guy that will bring in no ratings to their already overpriced roster that pretty much brings in terrible ratings. If he was big for the Mexico market they wouldn't have cut him after they put the effort in to manufacturing hype for him.

If marketed right, and matched up right, this guy is a superstar.

Yeah it's totally untrue to call Bellator B-level what was I thinking.

Why do you care if its b- level? Its another source of MMA and a different alternative to the UFC. As a fan you should appreciate the Org and Strikeforce already showed how B level other organizations are to the UFC when their roster came in smacked around the superior UFC fighters.

If marketed right, and matched up right, this guy is a superstar.
There's like 3 superstars in the sport, Conor, Brock, and Ronda. In all of MMA history I guess GSP was at one point, Chuck, maybe Bones, Anderson, and Kimbo.

I think(hope) you're using hyperbole. What would make him a superstar? What does marketed right mean? The UFC put a lot behind him and obviously they didn't see the return they expected. He'll put on exciting fights and maybe get Bellator a little footing in Mexico a bit but I'm pretty sure everyone that's super hyped about him now is a hardcore MMA fan and their excitement is in large part due to how the UFC already tried to hype him up. And I don't see anyone becoming a superstar fighting on paramount TV and Country Music Television.

I always mock UFC failed hype and them trying to fabricate hype and push guys but it clearly worked some at least on this niche MMA site for Yair.

There's like 3 superstars in the sport, Conor, Brock, and Ronda. In all of MMA history I guess GSP was at one point, Chuck, maybe Bones, Anderson, and Kimbo.

I think(hope) you're using hyperbole. What would make him a superstar? What does marketed right mean? The UFC put a lot behind him and obviously they didn't see the return they expected. He'll put on exciting fights and maybe get Bellator a little footing in Mexico a bit but I'm pretty sure everyone that's super hyped about him now is a hardcore MMA fan and their excitement is in large part due to how the UFC already tried to hype him up. And I don't see anyone becoming a superstar fighting on paramount TV and Country Music Television.

I always mock UFC failed hype and them trying to fabricate hype and push guys but it clearly worked some at least on this niche MMA site for Yair.

lol I love watching the shills come out

lol I love watching the shills come out
Yes, I'm totally known as a UFC shill. The way I mock Dana f'n white, their shit fighter pay and crappy hype jobs. You're totally right Yair is about to become an MMA superstar.

I can tell you see through my shillness by totally addressing and destroying every actual point I made.

The greedy company that paid for his original training in the US, marketed him hardcore in Mexico, gave him an underserved main event against an over the hill name to prop him up more dumped him because they felt he was poised to be a superstar.

The UFC plays favorites and if they thought he had any chance to be a big money-making superstar they'd let him crash his car into a pregnant woman not cut him for doing what many other fighters have done. Do you disagree with that?

Yair will be a superstar and Country music television is the ultimate vehicle for said future superstar. That's the non-shill take... once the UFC cut him.

I actually always thought the only people that ever thought Yair was some potential elite fighter were UFC hype buying shills and/or from that hotbed of elite MMA, Mexico.

What gave my shillness away, my favorite fighters? You should probably bookmark this thread to laugh at the UFC shill later.

Last edited:
Bellator would probably let Yair fight in Rizin or elsewhere if the timing doesn't mess with Bellator's plans.

I wouldn't be surprised if this was a part of their thinking. Have Bellator overpay(yet again) for a guy that will bring in no ratings to their already overpriced roster that pretty much brings in terrible ratings. If he was big for the Mexico market they wouldn't have cut him after they put the effort in to manufacturing hype for him.
Mexico market for mma sucks anyway

Honestly, this may be my obsession for all things Korean talking, but I bet the Korean fans would love him if he signed with Road FC. TKD is a national sport, and his game is very kick heavy.

Back