Scottie Pippen aint a top 50 player......

Scottie Pippen is absolutely a top 50 player all time.

Agreed. He's actually far better (per Snaq's own analysis). Snaq's fatass would have never sniffed a ring had it not been for the GOAT's transcendent heroics against the true contenders of the day (sac, sas, etc). This is a well subscribed truism in the analyst community, for you to not be aware of this says everything we need to know about your standing in the aforementioned group(casual/gutter-tier).

Lol'ing hard @ this white knight grievance. You should reach out to his teammates with offerings of support to make up for the little care the GOAT provided for them. What a laughable criticism. White knighting a rag-tag bunch of D-leaguers carried by the greatest to ever play the game, I've truly lived to see it all.

You have it backwards. Kobe's ball hogging ass would have never received a ring without Shaq. MVP Awards tell the story. Show me the Finals MPVs for Kobe. Shaq took each award during their run. Kobe is in the same boat as Steph Curry.

You have it backwards. Kobe's ball hogging ass would have never received a ring without Shaq. MVP Awards tell the story. Show me the Finals MPVs for Kobe. Shaq took each award during their run. Kobe is in the same boat as Steph Curry.

The fact Kobe won 2 titles without Shaq kind of debunks this. He won Finals MVP twice (2009 & 2010)

I think Steph has earned his spot in the top 50, but I'm not sold he's as high as many rank him.

Going strictly off resume & stats and not taking into account era's or eye tests...Pippen is a top 50 player all time

1 Kareem Abdul Jabbar C 4418.9
2 Bill Russell C 4303.5
3 Michael Jordan SG 3912
4 Lebron James SF 3276.2
5 Tim Duncan PF 3249.5
6 Magic Johnson PG 3107.1
7 Kobe Bryant SG 3099.9
8 Wilt Chamberlain C 2903.3
9 Shaquille Oneal C 2874.3
10 Larry Bird SF 2403.3
11 Bob Cousy PG 2267.5
12 Hakeem Olajuwon C 2126.1
13 Jerry West PG 2115.1
14 Karl Malone PF 2062.9
15 Julius Erving SF 1992
16 Bob Pettit PF 1939.1
17 Moses Malone C 1900
18 Oscar Robertson PG 1887.9
19 Kevin Garnett PF 1708.8
20 George Mikan C 1679.2
21 David Robinson C 1674.7
22 Dwyane Wade SG 1665.4
23 Elgin Baylor SF 1660.3
24 John Havlicek SF 1629.5
25 Dirk Nowitzki PF 1505.9
26 Dolph Schayes PF 1464.4
27 Kevin Durant SF 1366.8
28 Charles Barkley PF 1358
29 Stephen Curry PG 1319.1
30 Willis Reed C 1288.1
31 Rick Barry SF 1271.7
32 Elvin Hayes PF 1270.5
33 Chris Paul PG 1268.5
34 John Stockton PG 1236.4
35 Isiah Thomas PG 1209.7
36 Walt Frazier PG 1204
37 Jason Kidd PG 1199.9
38 Dave Cowens C 1184.3
39 Gary Payton PG 1176.1
40 Allen Iverson SG 1159.2
41 Dwight Howard C 1137.6
42 Patrick Ewing C 1101.9
43 Scottie Pippen SF 1069.7
44 Steve Nash PG 1051
45 Wes Unseld C 1008.8
46 Paul Arizin SF 975.9
47 Clyde Drexler SG 963.5
48 Artis Gilmore C 913
49 George Gervin SG 899.3
50 Paul Pierce SF 851.7
lmao @ any list that has Cousy in it.

What does that have to do with Kobe being second to Shaq when they were teammates?

Shaq needed the 2nd and 3rd greatest shooting guards of all to win titles. Kobe won titles without hall of fame teammates.

Another person ranking Allen Iverson and Jason Kidd above Scottie Pippen all-time. Yawn.

Shaq needed the 2nd and 3rd greatest shooting guards of all to win titles. Kobe won titles without hall of fame teammates.

The fact that Kobe was his right hand man for the LA run is coincidental. Theres a dozen names or more you couldve replaced Kobe with, and the result wouldve been the same. Tbe same cannot be said for Shaq. Duncan or Webber are the only names that come to mind atm. Point is, Shaq was going to win rings in that era, with Kobe or not. Kobe needed Shaq more than Shaq needed Kobe.

No one agrees with me? Have you read the first couple pgs of the thread?

Why do you post here? Do you seek some sort of validation by having everyone agree with you or something?
I did not read the rest of the thread. Especially to check whether or not anyone agrees with me or not.

You gave your opinion. I gave mine.

The fact that Kobe was his right hand man for the LA run is coincidental. Theres a dozen names or more you couldve replaced Kobe with, and the result wouldve been the same.

I think that is rather naive. There were a handful of players that could have replaced Kobe and helped Shaq get over the top at the time. Vince, TMac, AI are the only ones that come to mind. But it's to be noted none of these guys showed the consistent poise in the clutch and overall IQ as Kobe. And as I'm sure you are aware you need to have those elements to win a title...not just talent and skill. I'm not sure Vince, TMac, or AI would have showed enough IQ and poise in big moments like Kobe did. Think Game 7 against Blazers, game 6 & 7 against the Kings, game 4 against the Pacers, the total domination of the Spurs, and other moments.

Tbe same cannot be said for Shaq. Duncan or Webber are the only names that come to mind atm. Point is, Shaq was going to win rings in that era, with Kobe or not. Kobe needed Shaq more than Shaq needed Kobe.

Shaq needed hall of fame level teammates, with high IQs, to compete for titles. No one was going to win a title just dumping the ball into Shaq every play. He needed a system and an all time great teammate. He needed Penny to get to the finals in 95. He needed Kobe to win in LA. And he needed DWade to win in Miami. When Shaq had an All Star in Eddie Jones as the number 2 guy he couldn't stop getting swept by the Jazz and the Spurs.

Now contrast that with Kobe. He was able to go on to win two NBA titles without a hall of fame teammate. He was able to win 2 titles and 3 conf. championship with a top 20 player, maybe top 15. So that kind of debunks your theory that he needed Shaq.

In fact, outside of Jordan's first 3 peat and Hakeems first title what other all time great won titles with as little help as Kobe?

If Pau is a HOF'er it's only because he played with Kobe
lmao, because Kobe is known for making players better around him? It's known that Kobe is worthless when he doesn't a HOF level big around him. Just look at the years he spent missing the playoffs and losing in the first round.

lmao, because Kobe is known for making players better around him? It's known that Kobe is worthless when he doesn't a HOF level big around him. Just look at the years he spent missing the playoffs and losing in the first round.

Pippen > Gasol

I think that is rather naive. There were a handful of players that could have replaced Kobe and helped Shaq get over the top at the time. Vince, TMac, AI are the only ones that come to mind. But it's to be noted none of these guys showed the consistent poise in the clutch and overall IQ as Kobe. And as I'm sure you are aware you need to have those elements to win a title...not just talent and skill. I'm not sure Vince, TMac, or AI would have showed enough IQ and poise in big moments like Kobe did. Think Game 7 against Blazers, game 6 & 7 against the Kings, game 4 against the Pacers, the total domination of the Spurs, and other moments.

Shaq needed hall of fame level teammates, with high IQs, to compete for titles. No one was going to win a title just dumping the ball into Shaq every play. He needed a system and an all time great teammate. He needed Penny to get to the finals in 95. He needed Kobe to win in LA. And he needed DWade to win in Miami. When Shaq had an All Star in Eddie Jones as the number 2 guy he couldn't stop getting swept by the Jazz and the Spurs.

Now contrast that with Kobe. He was able to go on to win two NBA titles without a hall of fame teammate. He was able to win 2 titles and 3 conf. championship with a top 20 player, maybe top 15. So that kind of debunks your theory that he needed Shaq.

In fact, outside of Jordan's first 3 peat and Hakeems first title what other all time great won titles with as little help as Kobe?

No one's denying Shaq had help through all his Finals appearances. Nobody can get their alone(though argument could be made for Hakeem).

Shaq had Kobe, a bunch of smart role players, and the Zenmaster. I'm simply stating the truth that Shaq meant more to their success than Kobe. If you take Shaq off that team, they're an 8 seed at best(in a stacked West). You take Kobe off that team, they win 50, and lose to the Jazz/Spurs/Kings in the second round.

Also, Kobe had Pau, Odom, some good role players, and Zenmaster during the second run. There's no doubt who's team that was, but it's a myth that Kobe somehow "got there on his own".

Last edited:
Back