SCOTUS Leaves Extreme Partisan Gerrymandering Intact

luckyshot

Nazi Punks Fuck Off
Platinum Member
Reaction score
"The court took up two cases, one out of Wisconsin and one out of Maryland, with lines drawn by both parties.

It declared that the plaintiffs in Wisconsin don't have standing to sue, because they didn't try to prove that their vote had been diluted in their own district.

In Maryland, the court declined to engage on the merits of the case. The lower court, it said, was right in leaving the current system in place.

In many ways, this is a win for those who wish to leave partisan gerrymandering in place, because this decision likely makes it harder for groups opposed to the practice to bring such a case in the future."

Are we tired of winning yet?

tranquilo.gif

so what are the chance another lower court flips the decision

War fascism!! Another win for the good guys!!!

How's that murkan democracy look now bros?

Man the Supreme Court sure is in do-nothing bitch mode this session.

also attn: Republicans, don't lose after the census, you really really don't want to lose after the census.

Don't worry, they'll shake it off in time to fuck unions with no lube.

Brazil 2.0 is coming along nicely.

I just wished both parties could feel how absolutely fucking corrupt this is. It wouldn't be a partisan issue at all. It'd be a "holy fuck how are we letting this happen in our democracy" issue for everyone, on every side of every aisle.

also attn: Republicans, don't lose after the census, you really really don't want to lose after the census.

Nah, the Dems will play softball and not engage in the extreme tactics the Repubs have used to take power. That's pretty much the biggest issue to me with Dems, they never play hard ball. An easy example of this is to just look at attack ads. Dems are always the "take the high road" with their attack ads, but Repubs have no shame in this dept.

Brazil 2.0 is coming along nicely.

I'm already training BJJ and eating acai bowls and was baptized Catholic as a baby. Now all I need is a big booty brazilian ho!

maxresdefault.jpg

Nah, the Dems will play softball and not engage in the extreme tactics the Repubs have used to take power. That's pretty much the biggest issue to me with Dems, they never play hard ball. An easy example of this is to just look at attack ads. Dems are always the "take the high road" with their attack ads, but Repubs have no shame in this dept.
They should put some blue haired anti-fa in charge of the marketing department. They might not win but it will be entertaining.

Yeah having principles is a major disadvantage in this world. On this one, I think we should just go full jihad.

Why would the present supreme court do anything, it helps Republicans get elected.

A lot of sky-is-falling libs ITT. Not sure how anyone could read this 9-0 ruling as anything other than an invitation for the plaintiffs to shore up their case.

Back