Sea of Thieves

I'd rather have Black Flag 2, these,multiplayer only games with no real content dont appeal to me

Bundle With Sea Of Thieves, Xbox One X, And Another Game Is On A Good Sale Right Now
Sea of Thieves is one of the most anticipated Xbox One exclusives of the year, and it comes out tomorrow. However, there's already a pretty good deal going on for the game if you happen to be in the market for an Xbox One X: you can grab a console with Sea of Thieves and another game for just $460.

A current promotion on Ebay slashes the price of a bundle that includes an Xbox One X, a game code for Sea of Thieves, and a choice of either Ghost Recon: Wildlands or Overwatch: Game of the Year Edition. The Xbox One X still retails normally for $500, Sea of Thieves is $60, and Ghost Recon: Wildlands and Overwatch are still in the $40-60 range, so this is a fantastic deal.

To take advantage, go to this Ebay page and add the bundle to your cart. You'll see the $460 price tag when you begin checking out. It's worth noting, though, that this is a limited deal, and it's unclear how many of these bundles will be sold. So if you're interested, it's worth taking advantage of it sooner rather than later.

This isn't the only Sea of Thieves deal going on right now: Microsoft is also holding an official promotion that bundles an Xbox One X and a digital copy Sea of Thieves together for the console's normal retail price of $500. You can also grab a 1 TB Xbox One S, an extra controller, 1 month subscriptions to Xbox Live and Game Pass, and Sea of Thieves for $300.
s-l500.jpg

$460
Free Shipping
  • Xbox One X
  • Sea of Thieves (game code)
  • Choice of:
    • Overwatch
    • Ghost Recon: Wildlands
This deal is ran by "antonline". This is one of the most trusted, longstanding, and possibly the largest electronics merchant on eBay.

Last edited:
Did they change their terms of service, again, now that it has officially released, or does everyone on Twitch just not know they're not supposed to be streaming?

Because right now it's back up near the top at #3 on the charts with 76,837 viewers.

Hey brother I'm a pirate so I don't read TOS I just stream and say fuck em. Though they did say next time I was caught streaming when the TOS told me not to that they'd bust in and bounce my head off the keyboahldalkfjdlfhdofdfoijuda

Ported in this short conversation from a recent thread...

Did they change their terms of service, again, now that it has officially released, or does everyone on Twitch just not know they're not supposed to be streaming?

Because right now it's back up near the top at #3 on the charts with 76,837 viewers.

From our conversation above, that's when it was in beta. They might have changed it since it went live.

I played the beta and had fun. I don't think I'm going to buy it though, the only type of levelling up in this game are new costumes for your pirate and cosmetics for your ship. No new guns or weapons or anything.

Also, most of my friends are on PS4, So I can't be bothered soloing it and getting fucked up by 4 man ships constantly.

People seem to be saying the same thing, that there's nothing to do and no progression. You collect treasure but you can only buy cosmetics. The game looks gorgeous but it seems like they forgot to add the actual gameplay beyond the first couple of hours.

People seem to be saying the same thing, that there's nothing to do and no progression. You collect treasure but you can only buy cosmetics. The game looks gorgeous but it seems like they forgot to add the actual gameplay beyond the first couple of hours.
No Man's Sea?

Uh oh.

heard a lot about this in the last few hours.

all bad.

From our conversation above, that's when it was in beta. They might have changed it since it went live.
Yeah, that's what I just asked.

Okay, I figured it out. The Closed Beta that ran from January 24th-31st didn't prohibit streaming, and since that was the true first look at the game, it probably trended during that brief period because of it. The Open Beta must have been what prohibited streaming:
https://www.seaofthieves.com/news/closed-beta
Microsoft Game Studios said:
[Q]: Can I stream or capture my play sessions in the Closed Beta?

[A]: Yes. The Closed Beta is not covered by an NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement) so you can stream, capture, clip and screenshot to your heart’s content. If you do create content, make sure you tag it “Sea of Thieves” (or use the #SeaOfThieves hashtag) so we can see it too – we’ll also be sharing some of our favourites on our social channels and website. We are incredibly excited to see the content you create and the stories you tell!

Yeah, played it last night.

The basics are there for a good game.

Just needs more depth.

Mainly more AI enemies. Especially monsters, ships.

It’d be fun to team up to go after large galleons or war ships

Can you imagine if this game had Borderlands'esque talent trees?

Captain Pirate with skills based around buffing your crew, ship, navigating. Stealth Pirate, Sniper Pirate, Melee Pirate, etc.

Let me fish, let me go whaling, shit, let me play as a whale and sink other peoples boats. Give me Skeleton crew'd AI ships roaming around the world, or maybe a super rare one that spawns that requires everyone in the server to work together to kill it, and force them to fight over the loot afterwards. Reward people for PVP, reward people for searching, reward people for caring about your shallow fucking game world. I want to chop down trees for wood, fortify islands, etc.

The game has no depth, no incentive to keep playing outside of the great water and lighting.

Played this last night since you can get a free xbox live trial on PC and play it for free.

The party system is terrible. It took way too long for my group to get together and start playing. Probably at least a half hour. Then when when we actually got in the game our boat didn't spawn in and we had to do it all over.

The basic mechanics and teamplay to pilot a ship is cool, but you pretty much get your fill of that within an hour or so.

We did one quest and I felt like I beat the game already. All you do is carry boxes around. The combat is so basic especially against NPCs.

Reviews have not been kind at all.

Rare continues to suck balls! It's incredible how far they've fallen since the N64 days.

Reviews have not been kind at all.

Rare continues to suck balls! It's incredible how far they've fallen since the N64 days.

I seriously don't understand what they were thinking with this game. I'll admit the PvP is certainly fun when it happens, it just doesn't happen nearly enough.

The PvE combat is atrocious and is the majority of your experience.

There are many games on steam with naval settings that do everything this does and better for less money. The combat mechanics are so bare bones it's really not much of a feat unfortunately.

The ship combat is great, its incredibly satisfying when you sink a Galleon while you're in a sloop. The biggest issue I have is that the only AI enemies are skeletons and the incredibly elusive Kraken...

Can you imagine if this game had Borderlands'esque talent trees?

Captain Pirate with skills based around buffing your crew, ship, navigating. Stealth Pirate, Sniper Pirate, Melee Pirate, etc.

Let me fish, let me go whaling, shit, let me play as a whale and sink other peoples boats. Give me Skeleton crew'd AI ships roaming around the world, or maybe a super rare one that spawns that requires everyone in the server to work together to kill it, and force them to fight over the loot afterwards. Reward people for PVP, reward people for searching, reward people for caring about your shallow fucking game world. I want to chop down trees for wood, fortify islands, etc.

The game has no depth, no incentive to keep playing outside of the great water and lighting.

I'd definitely be buying it if what you described was in the game.

Reception to this really reminds me of One Man's Sky. It's basically a sandbox for players to wander around and explore but there's not much plot or focus or direction to it. Some folks love that freedom and don't need a purpose and some don't.

Though I agree with not liking these incomplete games being released and just being patched up later. I'd never play a game like that.

Back