Sean O'Malley vs. Jose Quinonez Added to UFC 229-Oct. 6th

Arkridge

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score

Via O'Malley himself on the Helwani show. Not mad at the matchup either. O'Malley has that "it" factor but still has a long way to go. This is a good fight to showcase his talents. If he wins, then maybe he'll be considered for a lower end top 15 guy.

O'Malley says this fight will kick off the PPV Main Card even though he preferred to be the "Prelim Main Event" for UFC 229 to get more eyes on his fight.

Last edited:
What’s headlining, MallGOAT or McGoober?

WAR O'Malley! He's as real as they come!

Sean-OMalley-696x392.jpg

And watch, omalley probably gets a top 5 ranking or close to a title shot after beating this guy with the way things are going lately smh
<{cruzshake}>

Yea. I was hoping Suga was added to 229

O'Malley should get a long slow build. Kids got the talent and charisma to be a megastar but he's not there yet.

I hope 229 has a good co-main

Last edited:
O'Malley should get a long slow build. Kids got the talent and charisma to be a megastar but he's not there yet.
Agreed here. I have no problem with this fight. I didn't like the Perez matchup. Perez is no world beater but I still felt that was too much too soon.

And watch, omalley probably gets a top 5 ranking or close to a title shot after beating this guy with the way things are going lately smh
<{cruzshake}>

I love sherdog. Highly touted prospect faces another top prospect or even a tough durable vet, omg the Ufc has no fucking clue how to build prospects.

Highly touted young prospect gets a lower level unhyped opponent omg why are they babying this kid and giving him preferential treatment.

I thought he was fighting perez , Its fine to build him with giving him some cans but just dont make him the MVP of UFC

Jose is on a 4-fight win streak in the UFC, last beating Ishihara. This is a solid match-up. Let's not act like Sugar is ready for the Marlon Moraes' of the world.

I love sherdog. Highly touted prospect faces another top prospect or even a tough durable vet, omg the Ufc has no fucking clue how to build prospects.

Highly touted young prospect gets a lower level unhyped opponent omg why are they babying this kid and giving him preferential treatment.
I never said either of those things....
Someone is being a sour sally
<Goldie11>

Card to build him up to get casual... opponent to look impressive against. Smart move.

It sure was. And I understand it. The undercard doesn't have to be legendary for this one to sell over a million.

As long as they add

Lee or Ferguson vs Pettis and I'm happy. I'd be very happy if we get Lee vs Pettis, Ferguson vs Hooker/Iaquinta

It sure was. And I understand it. The undercard doesn't have to be legendary for this one to sell over a million.
It's smart
Conor X Khabib sells by itself
Then stack the next card so you possibly have 2 cards that do over 1M buys

Back