Sean Salmon, from 14-4 to 18-21

So cute to see that you were waiting to see who even noticed you still lurk here on Sherdog. Funny that nobody knows what you do like just what you like to bash. I hope your negative vibes you constantly send out to the Universe gets you all that you deserve. I salute you Sir

giphy.gif
or it's cute that I don't even have to mention his name and you butthurt GSP fans get triggered so fast, it's hilarious.

I remember reading in a magazine that Salmon didn't even make enough from that loss to Evans to cover his emergency room visit that night

Ken Shamrock, in theory, could have retired in 2000 after the Otsuka KO with a 24-5-2 record. Or after the Franklin beatdown at 26-9-2. Right now he's at 28-17-2.
After 10 losses, it's time to wrap it up.

12 Fight Losing streak is what the poster mean to say and the brutality of the way most of those ended when you are already 34-35 years old is eye opening. The fact also that he was fighting 5-6 times a year for a while is also just not plain healthy but MONEY, "Money changes everything" C Lauper

10 point must system is a joke, it may work for boxing but MMA is completely different, therefore, decision wins aren’t real wins. Only wins that are decisive are finishes via T-KO or submissions, when a fighter takes matters into their own hands and don’t have to rely on 3 incompetent judges that don’t understand the unified rules.

Ken Shamrock, in theory, could have retired in 2000 after the Otsuka KO with a 24-5-2 record. Or after the Franklin beatdown at 26-9-2. Right now he's at 28-17-2.
People got way more skilled and his knees were destroyed as well. I have deep sympathy for Salmon. He just had a lot of personal problems. Shamrock wasn't all that good to begin with considering his size and strength.

I remember 3 things, when i think about this guy:

1. his attempted headkick against Rashad

2. Rashad's headkick ko against him

3. him getting flying kneed by Jorge Santiago, with ref Cecil Peoples flying in for the save...but way too late

Shit happens?

Remember Machida was 16-0? Machida has gone 7-8 since then.

Evans was 17-2-1 with his only losses being to a prime Machida and Jones. Now he's 19-7-1, 2-5 since losing to Jones and is on a 4-fight losing streak
Can’t believe Rashad has losses to fucking Dan Kelly and Sam Alvey, he’s fallen so hard.

I have a little story about Salmon, when UFC signed him to fight Rashad Evans I had no clue who he was and I was wondering why they signed him to fight in main event.. so I researched him and I found one of his fights on myspace at the time, and it was his last fight before going to UFC...

... so anyways I watched the fight which lasted about 50 seconds and it looked like a work, it looked fake as shit. Salmon started throwing punches on the guys forearm and he just fell over and then started tapping out, it looked like a fixed fight to me. I mentioned it at the time but no one seemed to care lol. I never seen any of his other fights except for the ones in the UFC.

Can’t believe Rashad has losses to fucking Dan Kelly and Sam Alvey, he’s fallen so hard.
Bruh, tell me about it. I've been Rashad's fan since TUF 2 and seeing him lose to Lil' Nog, Bader, Kelly and Alvey made me sick. He should only have 2 losses on his record. I believe he could of defeated Glover if he wasn't so timid.

He’s fighting for the first time in nearly five years this weekend. Timely thread.

10 point must system is a joke, it may work for boxing but MMA is completely different, therefore, decision wins aren’t real wins. Only wins that are decisive are finishes via T-KO or submissions, when a fighter takes matters into their own hands and don’t have to rely on 3 incompetent judges that don’t understand the unified rules.

I mean i agree the majority of judges in MMA are whack but so are boxing judges for the most part as well. I’ll also kind of agree about the 10 point must system as well, it should be changed.

However, saying decision wins and losses do not count is pretty asinine, of course they count. Take Forrest/Bonnar for example, they literally punched the life out of each other and tried taking it into their own hands but by your definition that fight shouldn’t have counted because it went to the cards? Nah.

Back