Season 3: Sherdog UFC Real Time Game Draft Thread League 5

Man this is getting embarrssing:

Nunes and Whittaker MIA
Picked 2 WMMA jobbers because shitty tactics
Various fighters unscheduled
Unfavourable matchups in the future.
My talisman Black Beast doing it for someone else.

Sad times in the Buff Camp...

Banking big on Platinum this weekend.
*Where he belongs

giphy.gif

Holly shit I got a main event in 4 days :D

Thought I was done for the month

<Moves>

Featherweight Josh Emmett - @rb3b3 vs. Jeremy Stephens - @TheScorpionDude
Women's Strawweight Jéssica Andrade - @Buff vs. Tecia Torres
Light Heavyweight Ovince Saint Preux - @SuperNerd vs. Ilir Latifi - @Buff
Welterweight Mike Perry - @Buff vs. Max Griffin
Women's Strawweight Angela Hill - @Mark Zima vs. Maryna Moroz
Welterweight Ben Saunders - @Buff vs. Alan Jouban
Flyweight Eric Shelton vs. Alex Perez - @Buff

@Buff has quite a few fighters fighting this weekend.

@TCE remember the last time. I had 4 fighters on one card...?

2 last minute pullout and a loss... I got minus points! hahahaha!

@TCE remember the last time. I had 4 fighters on one card...?

2 last minute pullout and a loss... I got minus points! hahahaha!

Loool yeah I remember that haha

Featherweight Josh Emmett - @rb3b3 vs. Jeremy Stephens - @TheScorpionDude
Women's Strawweight Jéssica Andrade - @Buff vs. Tecia Torres
Light Heavyweight Ovince Saint Preux - @SuperNerd vs. Ilir Latifi - @Buff
Welterweight Mike Perry - @Buff vs. Max Griffin
Women's Strawweight Angela Hill - @Mark Zima vs. Maryna Moroz
Welterweight Ben Saunders - @Buff vs. Alan Jouban
Flyweight Eric Shelton vs. Alex Perez - @Buff

@Buff has quite a few fighters fighting this weekend.

UFC Fight Night: Buff :)

You might jump straight to 1st place if you win the all the matches via KO's in the 1st :D

Last edited:
As for the appeal, I guess I'll be losing those points next year when the appeal goes through :D

Maybe, but It took barely over a month for this appeal regarding an illegal knee to change a KO into a no contest...

Jessamyn Duke successfully appeals KO loss to Miriam Nakamoto at Invicta FC 5
http://mmajunkie.com/2013/05/jessam...ls-ko-loss-to-miriam-nakamoto-at-invicta-fc-5

from the article:

The Missouri Office of Athletics today overturned Jessamyn Duke‘s loss at Invicta FC 5, changing the result of her bout against Miriam Nakamoto to a no contest.

Nakamoto originally was ruled the winner by way of knockout, but after an investigation, the commission ruled an illegal knee warranted the overturning of the official result, according to a copy of the decision obtained today by MMAjunkie.com

Maybe, but It took barely over a month for this appeal regarding an illegal knee to change a KO into a no contest...

Jessamyn Duke successfully appeals KO loss to Miriam Nakamoto at Invicta FC 5
http://mmajunkie.com/2013/05/jessam...ls-ko-loss-to-miriam-nakamoto-at-invicta-fc-5

from the article:

The Missouri Office of Athletics today overturned Jessamyn Duke‘s loss at Invicta FC 5, changing the result of her bout against Miriam Nakamoto to a no contest.

Nakamoto originally was ruled the winner by way of knockout, but after an investigation, the commission ruled an illegal knee warranted the overturning of the official result, according to a copy of the decision obtained today by MMAjunkie.com

You had me a bit worried there so I rewatched the finish.

The knee missed by a lot. So there's no illegal knee.

There were no punches or elbows to the back of the head.

You can see for yourself when you have the time, but I think it's a clean win.

You had me a bit worried there so I rewatched the finish.

The knee missed by a lot. So there's no illegal knee.

There were no punches or elbows to the back of the head.

You can see for yourself when you have the time, but I think it's a clean win.

Urijah Faber disagrees...

Urijah Faber disagrees...

I see what he means.

He misses with the knee and then when his leg goes back he does catch him in the back.

But this looks significant only in slow motion.

At normal speed you clearly see that it's not a strike, he just puts his foot down. It's not fast or powerful or anything.

They won't file an appeal after they re-watch the video, there is nothing to appeal.

Did you see it ?

Enough about Urijah, I'm interested in what you think.

I see what he means.

He misses with the knee and then when his leg goes back he does catch him in the back.

But this looks significant only in slow motion.

At normal speed you clearly see that it's not a strike, he just puts his foot down. It's not fast or powerful or anything.

They won't file an appeal after they re-watch the video, there is nothing to appeal.

Did you see it ?

Enough about Urijah, I'm interested in what you think.

Okay... I just watched this video...

When the knee comes back down, I'd say it definitely strikes the back of Emmett's head, but I agree with you that this doesn't seem to have been intended as a strike. But does that matter if the knee going up in the first place was definitely meant as a strike? I don't know.

As for whether the knee going up actually made contact or not, it seems that--at this angle--Stephens' glove obscures our view at the critical moment. So let's consider the movement of Emmett's head. His head doesn't pop up, as one might expect, from the knee strike, and although some have explained this as due to Stephen's hand holding Emmett's head down at the critical moment, this doesn't seem to be the case to me. However, I find it hard to explain Emmett's head moving to the right, as it does, unless Stephen's knee clipped the left side of his head going up, perhaps on the left temple. Hopefully there are other angles for comparison if an appeal gets filed.

What do you think about Emmett's head movement to the right?

Another factor, according to an article linked below:

The illegal knee wasn’t thrown accidentally, or in the heat of the moment. Stephens spoke about his actions, saying it was clearly his intention to land the knee, but it seems like he has misunderstood the new rules that are in place.

He thought it was legal, and brought up a conversation he had with the referee about the rules briefing.

“Dan Miragliotta came in the back (before the fight). He said this is the new unified rules,” Stephens said. “He said that if two hands are down, you can lift one hand up to knee. If he’s on his knees, and one hand is up, it’s okay to throw a knee.”

“I’m not a dirty fighter, I never have been my whole life. I saw an opportunity, and I was looking for it.”

There was likely a disconnect during that conversation Stephens mentioned, and the FOX crew didn’t mention or correct him on these. The new rule discussing one hand vs two hands only applies if the opponent is on his feet with his hand(s) touching the canvas. If the opponent is on his knees, like Emmett was, he is automatically a “grounded” fighter and he cannot be kicked or kneed in the head regardless of his hand position.

So while it seems like there was no malice in there, Stephens’ knee was both illegal and intentionally thrown. It wasn’t a poor decision made on the heat of the moment while trying to finish the fight. He saw an opening and he planned that strike because he apparently thought it wasn’t against the rules.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2018/2/...tephens-misunderstood-rules-faber-blasts-cruz

~
I'm not really invested in the appeal outcome, to be honest... I'm just trying to generate some interest, suspense, and drama for our thread--and competition--here.

Okay... I just watched this video...

When the knee comes back down, I'd say it definitely strikes the back of Emmett's head, but I agree with you that this doesn't seem to have been intended as a strike. But does that matter if the knee going up in the first place was definitely meant as a strike? I don't know.

As for whether the knee going up actually made contact or not, it seems that--at this angle--Stephens' glove obscures our view at the critical moment. So let's consider the movement of Emmett's head. His head doesn't pop up, as one might expect, from the knee strike, and although some have explained this as due to Stephen's hand holding Emmett's head down at the critical moment, this doesn't seem to be the case to me. However, I find it hard to explain Emmett's head moving to the right, as it does, unless Stephen's knee clipped the left side of his head going up, perhaps on the left temple. Hopefully there are other angles for comparison if an appeal gets filed.

What do you think about Emmett's head movement to the right?

Another factor, according to an article linked below:

The illegal knee wasn’t thrown accidentally, or in the heat of the moment. Stephens spoke about his actions, saying it was clearly his intention to land the knee, but it seems like he has misunderstood the new rules that are in place.

He thought it was legal, and brought up a conversation he had with the referee about the rules briefing.

“Dan Miragliotta came in the back (before the fight). He said this is the new unified rules,” Stephens said. “He said that if two hands are down, you can lift one hand up to knee. If he’s on his knees, and one hand is up, it’s okay to throw a knee.”

“I’m not a dirty fighter, I never have been my whole life. I saw an opportunity, and I was looking for it.”

There was likely a disconnect during that conversation Stephens mentioned, and the FOX crew didn’t mention or correct him on these. The new rule discussing one hand vs two hands only applies if the opponent is on his feet with his hand(s) touching the canvas. If the opponent is on his knees, like Emmett was, he is automatically a “grounded” fighter and he cannot be kicked or kneed in the head regardless of his hand position.

So while it seems like there was no malice in there, Stephens’ knee was both illegal and intentionally thrown. It wasn’t a poor decision made on the heat of the moment while trying to finish the fight. He saw an opening and he planned that strike because he apparently thought it wasn’t against the rules.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2018/2/...tephens-misunderstood-rules-faber-blasts-cruz

~
I'm not really invested in the appeal outcome, to be honest... I'm just trying to generate some interest, suspense, and drama for our thread--and competition--here.

Oh no doubt, we're all about fun here.

Just killing some time.

I saw it from another angle and it doesn't hit him at all...he's in the clear.

I think we exhausted this topic and we can get back to more important things at hand like me owning this league :D

GET OVER HERE !!!!!

tumblr_oo5adpH4Gs1tcwu3to1_400.gif

Back