Second stage diet, IF+primal

Sarumyan

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
First stage : I started this diet on August 30. I went down from 310 to 276 pounds by fasting in about 1 month. I then had a 10 day recuperation period and gained weight back to 283. However, even during those 10 days i lost fat, the increase in weight is due to more muscles, water retention and some intestinal matter. Here is the log : http://www.sherdog.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2155719 with pics.

My stats : 6.4, almost 23 years old, naturally athletic and built, plus exercised 5 days a week for the most part of my life. I have been always inclined to being fat, however, when i was 16 i grabbed myself by the balls, I stopped eating and played bball for 4 hours a day. Have lost 45 pounds in 6 weeks. Didn't have any weight problems until 21 years. Too long to explain, why , but it was entirely my fault. I ate like a cheesecake every night and spend most of my time eating from Starbucks menu, still trained though.
At 20, i was a ripped 230 standing 6.3 , never really did weights. Now I am 6.4 and my physique changed to more adult one, so I expect to be a ripped 250-lbser soon.

My regimen : eat once or twice a day. Large meal before bed. A big salad 2 hours before training.

My diet : heavy emphasis on vegetables and fruits. I love meat and despite all the evidence it is not very good for you - i will keep eating it. Keep the diet as simple as possible and try to separate carbs, proteins and fats. I am not going to give myself strict caloric restrictions for first week.
However, after that I plan to go around 1000 calories ( please don't bs me about starvation mode, catabolism and 500 deficits, its been debunked, never worked for me and my fasting experience shows that it is not applicable to non-bodybuilders ).

Training : no weights, just pull ups, push ups etc. Occasional kettle-bells. MMA training 4-5 times a week. I really want to incorporate 1 hour morning jogging, but have university classes early in the morning. I guess i will just wake up earlier then. Say what you want, but jogging is the best weapon against fat.

My goal : is to get to a solid 250 lbs before December 10th.

All suggestions are very welcome, it really does help when people post something, even if its negative, on the diet log. Plus, I think it is just an interesting experiment. I definitely enjoyed the 26 day fast, hopefully the second stage will also be fun. I plan to upload pics everyday, any1 can recommend webcam software )) ? Sources coming mostly from reading Herbert Shelton and my wrestling coach who is vegan, but is the strongest person i ever met.

I have an MMA tournament on Sunday. I will start the diet/logging from Tuesday.

Last edited:
You're a fucking looney toon.

lol jk. Good luck on your fight Saturday.

As for weights I think you should be lifting, it'll accelerate your weight loss and help maintain your muscle mass.

You didn't eat anything during the 310-276 fast or you did IF for that month?

You're a fucking looney toon.

lol jk. Good luck on your fight Saturday.

As for weights I think you should be lifting, it'll accelerate your weight loss and help maintain your muscle mass.

Heh. I don't like weights. Besides, i suspect weights give you "easy come, easy go" muscles, since they are not optimized to work together from all isolation excercises. The body tries to eat the dead muscles away to improve metabolism, hence all the bodybuilding's "catabolism hysteria", when dieting.
In martial arts weights are useful to gain mass, and give you explosive strength. But it takes away speed and stamina ( and thats a fact ).
I don't mind loosing some muscles, since its hard to find clothes already for my shoulders lol

Heh. I don't like weights. Besides, i suspect weights give you "easy come, easy go" muscles, since they are not optimized to work together from all isolation excercises. The body tries to eat the dead muscles away to improve metabolism, hence all the bodybuilding's "catabolism hysteria", when dieting.
In martial arts weights are useful to gain mass, and give you explosive strength. But it takes away speed and stamina ( and thats a fact ).
I don't mind loosing some muscles, since its hard to find clothes already for my shoulders lol

You are so sorely mistaken I don't even know where to start. I think it's time you overhauled your perspective on life.

You are so sorely mistaken I don't even know where to start. I think it's time you overhauled your perspective on life.
My explanation for muscle loss does sound ridiculous come to think about it. But it is a common knowledge, that the muscles you get from doing weights, especially if you do bodybuilding routines, fade away very fast once you stop training, while martial artists stay strong and agile for long after they stopped training.

You that most major muscles need to be "offset" by muscles that perform reverse motion. Here is a quick quote

Human movement and function*requires a balance of muscle length and strength between opposing muscles surrounding a joint. Normal amounts of opposing force between muscles are necessary to keep the bones centered in the joint during motion; this would be considered ‘muscle balance’. On the other hand, ‘muscle imbalance’ occurs when opposing muscles provide different directions of tension due to tightness and/or weakness. When a muscle it too tight, the joint tends to move in that direction and is limited in the opposite direction since this is typically ‘the path of least resistance.’ For example, the quadriceps and hamstrings of the knee joint perform opposite motions; an imbalance between the two could put undue stress on the joint. *A tight hamstring would not allow the joint to glide normally or fully extend, which could put extra stress on the quadriceps muscle and patella (knee cap).

Or http://www.marksdailyapple.com/muscle-imbalances/#axzz28TdhIkMP

Gym rats usually have ridiculous muscle imbalance, since they focus too much on the standard exercises - like squat, bench press, dead lift. Body tends to optimize itself in a long run and when starving and uses all spare materials it can find, so disproportionally strong muscles will be used for protein.

Martial artists have balanced, tuned musculature So they loose muscles slower on a diet.

I understand that debating this topic with you will require far more digging and etc. so let's just leave as it is.
Other points I have made - well what about them?

Last edited:
A job well done, congratulations.

On to the next goal!

"When he reached the New World, Cortez burned his ships. As a result, his men were well motivated."

A job well done, congratulations.

On to the next goal!

"When he reached the New World, Cortez burned his ships. As a result, his men were well motivated."

Thanks, but Yeah, I was surprised how fat I look on the camera, mirror told me otherwise :).
So now back to 250.

Last edited:
And here we go.
Training :Boxing 50 minutes.Day was moderately active.
Food : feeding window from 2-9, ate 2 big salads, cottage cheese 250 g, 6 " sub, 5 bananas, some greens, Tea with 3 spoons of honey, Trail mix -160g, lots of asparagus.
All together around 3000 calories, which is maintenance for me.

Notes:1. need to get into dieting mood ASAP.2. Still banged up from fights, pretty much the whole right side f the body hurts, so I don't think i am going to jog this week.
Starting weight : 128.5 kg
Goal : 112-113,

Total weight to loose - 16 kg. Of that 12 kg will be of pure fat. All in all 92400 calories.
Time: 2 month.
That means I need to burn off 1540 calories a day. My daily requirements are 282 lbs * by 10 plus 400.
Which means 3200 calories a day.
So all in all I need to stay under 1200 calories , to allow for unavoidable overeating sometimes ).

Lets do this.

Day 2
Regimen - 4pm till 10 pm.
Diet : chicken subway salad, 230 calories, 2 apples - 100 calories, tomato-50 calories, meat plus veggies - 600 calories.
Training - Jogging - 5 miles in 55 minutes, I will try to to make 6 miles in 60 minutes 4 times a week. Some pushups and pullups.

Weight 283.5 lbs
, 35 lbs to go.
Here are some starting pics :
a0ujr5.jpg

xcoyop.jpg

15qrvw4.jpg

Day 3, wow long day.
281.1 in the morning and 279.1 after jogging. I think I regained the weight from the last fast in water.
Cutting to 275 should be relatively easy, but, its the rest that is going to be hard.
My belly fat "hardened" compared to what I had immediately after the fast.

Training - 3 mile jog, 440 calories, study, lol, - 5 hours, around 700 calories, very light wrestling, around 50 pull up, 50 push ups

Diet : 1/2 slie of pizza, around 200 calories, honey - 170 calories, 2 subway chicken salads - around 500-600 calories.
Calorie deficit arouund 3000 today.

Last edited:
Day 4 - 279.1
Regimen : 1 p.m. to 7 p.m. Was very lethargic today, I think I burned through my supplies of glycogen, or something like that, could not study, just went to downtown class, and then played XCOM all day lol.
Diet : 3 HUGE salads. Definitely over 1.2 kg of veggies - 1500 calories, 4 bananas - 350, 24 strawberries 100 cal, frozen mixed fruit - 260 calories.
Training : 4 miles jog in 44 minutes, 25 pull-ups, 40 push ups - around 700 calories burned.
Note: Fitday calculations are too safe - it recommends almost 3900 calories a day for me.
Should be around 3200, thus 3200-2200+700= around 1700 calorie deficit.

Edit - Couldnt help myself and double meat subway. So now only around 800 defcit for today.
The reasons : overdone it yesterday, especially since it was first week, everybody told me to just take it easy for a week after the fight too.
Other reason - stayed at home all day, noticed before I always end up feeling appetite when I do nothing.
Finally, when I eat huge amount of veggies , I end up with some massive cravings. This time as well, maybe because they expand my stomach, but get processed too fast for it to shrink?

Last edited:
Day 5: 280.3

Feel much better, energized.

Regimen - 4.05 p.m till 9 p.m.

Diet - 2 sub salads, double meat - around 700 calories, some fruit - 100 cal, 2 coke zero, lots of tea and coffee - around 150 cal.

Training - 4 mile jog in 45 minutes with some light sprinting, very light wrestling - 1.5 hours, very light knife fighting - 30 minutes.

Edit : No idea how, but went for another 3 miles in 30 minutes, plus 20 pull ups, 40 push ups. Felt like an energizer bunny today. Considering yesterdays experience , I suspect that mixing protein with veggies and "bad" carbs is not as bad as I thought.
278.1 After 2nd jog.
had some drinks at a bar later.

Last edited:
Just a note : I am doing around 40 pull-ups and 80 push-ups each day, plus some abs workout.

Day 6 : 278.8 Here are the weekly pics

nnad8z.jpg

2qwoe8y.jpg

Training : Rugby game, 1 hour, around 800 calories... played the best team in the league. Needless to say got our asses whooped huh. Pulls up/push ups/abs. Study 6 hours - 500 cal.
Diet - 2.30 p.m. - 9 p.m., 1.5 burgers - around 700 calories, 50 grams of ice cream, 50 calories, salad - 300 calories. Took EC stack for rugby today.
Notes : rugby and MMA are in many ways similar. You need some serious cardio, but also the rucks, malls.. and etc., you need to do some heavy pushing. Got my teeth almost knocked out, next time - mouth guard.

Last edited:
Good luck TS. I got the fight club diet going. I did some high reps, fairly decent heavy weights, and doing group classes at the gym on top of martial arts as well as road work. Its starting to get colder here so, I am enjoying my road work out doors while I can. If I can give any tips or advice, definitely drop a me a message.

Maybe we can help motivate each other on our diets. Its a hard time to diet since Xmas is coming and most people put on weight around winter. Not lose it. We are a different breed. :D

Day 7 : 279.6
lots of study and classes, only 20 minutes of weights, still was active.
Diet : Ate a Frozen rice plus veggies meal at 4 p.m. - 300 calories, at 10 p.m. ate subway salad with Bbq rib and 6" sub,also bbq rib - 260+300 calories. Some coffee and etc. Around 1000 calories.
Note: while my weight is the same I have noticed how much thinner I have become, since August 30th.
Also will have to stop jogging for a week or so - my ankle really is swollen after getting banged in a fight and accidentally taking a very hot bath, i have been icing it though.

Back