Second watch of Saul-GGG

A contrived trilogy is the talk of the town, I see.

Had to resurrect the first leg of this corrupt triangle, didn’t you. Lol

A contrived trilogy is the talk of the town, I see.

Had to resurrect the first leg of this corrupt triangle, didn’t you. Lol

What would make a trilogy in this case contrived? The 2nd fight was a razor close FOTY candidate which likely generated massive amounts of money. This is literally the opposite of a contrived trilogy.

Still had it 8-4 Golovkin. I wouldn’t mind a third fight, but it has to happen soon because GGG is getting on.

Mikey had it 8-4 canelo and was shocked people thouvht ggg won

I hope in the rematch Canelo presses and Golovkin boxes to another draw. Lets burn this fucker down.
So close lol

I’m not ok with the decision simply on the fact that canelo didn’t deserve that score against cotto, Lara, mayweather, GGG 1 and GGG 2.

At some point you have to start wondering why this guy gets so many rounds he doesn’t deserve.

He fought his heart out and in my opinion he lost by two rounds so the fight was close but in my opinion he lost the first one and the lara fight could have gone either way but the cotto fight was closer than the scores showed and there was no way the Mayweather fight was a draw yet one judge had it 114-114

I’ve come to the conclusion that the judges in general are too sweet on canelos style and will always give him the benefit of the doubt in close rounds. Which is a point in his favor and will serve him well in his loaded division now that he is the king of boxing

Because they understand what they are watching.

So that means Terrance Crawford, Lennox Lewis, Mathew Macklin, Danny Jacobs, Sergio Martinez, Luke Campbell, Badou Jack, Kevin Kelly, Kovalev, Roy Jones Jr, Tommy Hearns, (and I could go on) don’t understand boxing? Because none of the names I just typed had Canelo winning.

Fuck, even Oscar had Canelo winning by just two rounds

It was a close fight and depending on what you look for is the fighter who you thought won. In the room I was in 3 people thought GGG won a close
fight but the fourth person had Canelo winning by a landslide. It was that kind of fight and Canelo was lucky to get a decision that the majority of the public, media, fighters, etc felt he should have lost but no one will call it a robbery because he fought his heart out and put himself in the position to receive the decision nod.

I’m not ok with the decision simply on the fact that canelo didn’t deserve that score against cotto, Lara, mayweather, GGG 1 and GGG 2.

At some point you have to start wondering why this guy gets so many rounds he doesn’t deserve.

He fought his heart out and in my opinion he lost by two rounds so the fight was close but in my opinion he lost the first one and the lara fight could have gone either way but the cotto fight was closer than the scores showed and there was no way the Mayweather fight was a draw yet one judge had it 114-114

I’ve come to the conclusion that the judges in general are too sweet on canelos style and will always give him the benefit of the doubt in close rounds. Which is a point in his favor and will serve him well in his loaded division now that he is the king of boxing
Thank you for sharing
images

So that means Terrance Crawford, Lennox Lewis, Mathew Macklin, Danny Jacobs, Sergio Martinez, Luke Campbell, Badou Jack, Kevin Kelly, Kovalev, Roy Jones Jr, Tommy Hearns, (and I could go on) don’t understand boxing? Because none of the names I just typed had Canelo winning.

It was a close fight and depending on what you look for is the fighter who you thought won. In the room I was in 3 people thought GGG won a close
fight but the fourth person had Canelo winning by a landslide. It was that kind of fight and Canelo was lucky to get a decision that the majority of the public, media, fighters, etc felt he should have lost but no one will call it a robbery because he fought his heart out and put himself in the position to receive the decision nod.

Roy Jones Jr.

You must've forgot

I can list a bunch of fighters that thought Canelo won it too. Someone is wrong.

after all the emotion has died down, I challenge everyone to watch it again....confirmation bias aside.

What Struck me about watching again was the sheer amount of punches 3G missed. Canelo made GGG miss a fuck ton of punches and in many instances afterwards, made him pay.

I had Canelo sweeping the first four rounds quite clearly. Round 4 could be argued for GGG but I feel Saul landed the bigger cleaner shots. Rounds 5-6-7-8-9 could easily be scored for GGG but a round or two in the middle rounds could be swing rounds.

Now rounds 10-11-12 I had Canelo winning.

Rounds 10 and 4 could also be argued for GGG but again, upon second viewing I feel Canelo landed the better stuff with better defense.

7-5 for Canelo.

I would like to hear some opinions of those who watched it again.

No matter what, the most clear thing in my mind, you can't claim robbery for either fighter and you could easily have a case for either fighter winning.

With that said, I thought the rounds Canelo won were more clear cut than the rounds GGG won.

canelo missed a lot too, it' s not that great of a margin when you consider golovkin used his jab as his main weapon

a lot of people are saying how canelo stood his ground in the center, which should considered by some to be a criteria for winning a round
but look at how mayweather rarely stays in the center, and is always circling, moving, out and in range.. while utilizing his jab to outpoint his opponent

with that said, i still think the fair outcome was a draw
neither guy had any clear cut win, and there will always be a counter argument to how you score this fight

I can list a bunch of fighters that thought Canelo won it too. Someone is wrong.

It's exactly what I am saying. You say boxers understand what they are seeing but in this fight that doesn't make much sense since you have boxers very divided in the outcome as well and to be honest the higher profile fighters think GGG won.

But this is the kind of fight where it's hard to argue, both sides have valid points, I even got into it with my dad. I really hope there's a third one because these fights are fun, even if GGG is clearly diminishing.

Back