International Secret Nazi Lair From World War II Found Hidden Deep Within Argentine Jungle

Except the people that used the underground railroad weren't responsible for genocide.

But their descendants are getting there... Give it a bit more time.

imrs.php

I really wish there were more viable jobs for History majors besides teaching. I find just about all history stuff absolutely fascinating, but the idea of teaching is terrible.

Is this why Argentians are generally more "white" and despise Brazilians.

The Argentinians call Brazilians "macacos" (monkeys in brazilian portuguese language) because they are more racially mixed. Specially used in soccer confrontations.

4eji3Ow.jpg

I really wish there were more viable jobs for History majors besides teaching. I find just about all history stuff absolutely fascinating, but the idea of teaching is terrible.

The best gig is probably help producing shows on the Discovery or History Channel :)

I wonder if they'll stumble upon Herman von Klempt's abandoned Kriegsaffe project.

Is it just me or is the OP cut short?

Not just you and a bizarre zombie thread with a strange unsourced OP by a different version of our beloved mod

Secret Nazi hideout found in remote Argentine jungle
By Terrence McCoy March 23, 2015

nazi-pic-2.jpg

They called them “ratlines.”

In the final days of the Third Reich, when its demise was imminent, adherents realized that if they didn’t escape they would go down with it. So they devised a system of escape — ratlines — that funneled thousands of war criminals through Spain to points west and south. Abetted by Third Reich sympathizers, many swarmed into South America, beginning new lives from Brazil to Argentina.

Argentina is now where myths, rumors and historical facts of that time collide. The stories say Nazis arrived by rubber dinghies off the coast of Patagonia, bedraggled from the long journey. The stories say crates of Nazi gold hit the beaches, then vanished into the foggy Andes Mountains. The stories say Hitler himself found new life in an Argentine idyll, “doddering peacefully in the Andean foothills attended by faithful Nazi servants.”

Some stories are more true than others. It’s true that the Argentine government, under the command of Nazi sympathizer Juan Domingo Perón, did bring in hundreds, if not thousands, of Nazis. “In those days, Argentina was a kind of paradise to us,” Nazi Erich Priebke remembered in 1991. And it’s true that some major Nazi operators escaped there, including Adolf Eichmann, a Holocaust mastermind arrested in 1960 in Buenos Aires and later executed in Israel.

According to a fresh findings announced over the weekend, it’s also true the Nazis made it deeper into the Argentine jungle in search of refuge than anyone imagined. Hundreds of miles north, along the border with Paraguay, rises the Parque Teyú Cuare. A path winds into the nature preserve, opening to a trove of “mysterious buildings” that are “battered by time,” reported the Argentine newspaper Clarin. “What were these buildings? Who built them? For what?”

It now appears there may be an answer. According to a team of Argentine researchers led by Daniel Schavelzon of the University of Buenos Aires, the three buildings were built by Nazis.

Read the rest of the report at:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...mote-argentine-jungle/?utm_term=.f9dff3d72968
Amazing, infuriating, and sad.
Good find though and thanks for the link

Is it just me or is the OP cut short?

The forum's transistion to the new software destroyed many threads. Some were cut shorts, others are lost completely.

Fortunately, there is just enough of the OP survived for me to find the original article again, and it's still every bit as fascinating for those who didn't get a chance to read it.

Hopefully they caught some horrific jungle plague and died terrible deaths.

The history ch did a show about Hitler and found he had many hideouts all over and there was evidence some were used and possibly built after he was supposed to be dead. I find it hard to believe a man of Hitlers temperament and conviction would take his own life due to failure of his Nazi overtaking. Many lesser Nazi collaborators escaped prosecution and Hitler had far more resources than they did. The thought that he may have lived his life out without punishment is beyond sick. And I’m sure most want to believe he died because that thought is just too much to bare.

The forum's transistion to the new software destroyed many threads. Some were cut shorts, others are lost completely.

Fortunately, there is just enough of the OP survived for me to find the original article again, and it's still every bit as fascinating for those who didn't get a chance to read it.
LOL I just noticed the date. I didn't understand Overpressure's post,
Not just you and a bizarre zombie thread with a strange unsourced OP by a different version of our beloved mod
but now I sort of get it. On the other hand, what is meant by "a different version of our beloved mod"?

Would be interesting to know how many scientists and persons of intellect made the transition there and to other parts of S America. I'm sure not all were snagged up and employed by countries like the US.
probably not that many considering how poor and uneducated south america is.

Thread is severely lacking in Tim Kennedy.

Probably not that many considering how poor and uneducated South America is.

What does one thing have to do with another? You have not been to South America have you? Try Brazil, Argentina, and Chile. Buenos Aires is just like a European city. Than go visit Louisiana, Mississippi, and Alabama.

What does one thing have to do with another? You have not been to South America have you? Try Brazil, Argentina, and Chile. Buenos Aires is just like a European city. Than go visit Louisiana, Mississippi, and Alabama.
i went to space camp in Alabama when I was a kid. I definitely didn’t go to space camp in any of those Mexican countries because they don’t have space programs because they didn’t get enough nazi scientists.

I lived in Alabama 20 years ago, I’m from asuncion - Paraguay... my classmate from school actually asked me if we have cars and such, dude thought I was some kind of Tarzan...

Back