International Secret Nazi Lair From World War II Found Hidden Deep Within Argentine Jungle

Is this where America picked which nazis they would take back to the states regardless of their crimes?
eenie meenie miney mo
Catch a Nazi by the toe
If he hollers...

Screw'em he's a Nazi. Now get to make me some rockets Kepler chop chop.

Tim-Kennedy-guns.png

I smell a new season of Hunting Hitler!!!!!

Secret Nazi hideout found in remote Argentine jungle
By Terrence McCoy March 23, 2015

nazi-pic-2.jpg

They called them “ratlines.”

In the final days of the Third Reich, when its demise was imminent, adherents realized that if they didn’t escape they would go down with it. So they devised a system of escape — ratlines — that funneled thousands of war criminals through Spain to points west and south. Abetted by Third Reich sympathizers, many swarmed into South America, beginning new lives from Brazil to Argentina.

Argentina is now where myths, rumors and historical facts of that time collide. The stories say Nazis arrived by rubber dinghies off the coast of Patagonia, bedraggled from the long journey. The stories say crates of Nazi gold hit the beaches, then vanished into the foggy Andes Mountains. The stories say Hitler himself found new life in an Argentine idyll, “doddering peacefully in the Andean foothills attended by faithful Nazi servants.”

Some stories are more true than others. It’s true that the Argentine government, under the command of Nazi sympathizer Juan Domingo Perón, did bring in hundreds, if not thousands, of Nazis. “In those days, Argentina was a kind of paradise to us,” Nazi Erich Priebke remembered in 1991. And it’s true that some major Nazi operators escaped there, including Adolf Eichmann, a Holocaust mastermind arrested in 1960 in Buenos Aires and later executed in Israel.

According to a fresh findings announced over the weekend, it’s also true the Nazis made it deeper into the Argentine jungle in search of refuge than anyone imagined. Hundreds of miles north, along the border with Paraguay, rises the Parque Teyú Cuare. A path winds into the nature preserve, opening to a trove of “mysterious buildings” that are “battered by time,” reported the Argentine newspaper Clarin. “What were these buildings? Who built them? For what?”

It now appears there may be an answer. According to a team of Argentine researchers led by Daniel Schavelzon of the University of Buenos Aires, the three buildings were built by Nazis.

Read the rest of the report at:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...mote-argentine-jungle/?utm_term=.f9dff3d72968

interesting stuff.

there are some compelling theories about hitler escaping to S.A., which i think are possible, but imo, it just didnt fit his personality. he was a fatalistic guy. i think hes the "go down with the ship" type, and would never have left germany. gotterdammerung and all that.

interesting stuff.

there are some compelling theories about hitler escaping to S.A., which i think are possible, but imo, it just didnt fit his personality. he was a fatalistic guy. i think hes the "go down with the ship" type, and would never have left germany. gotterdammerung and all that.
I honestly think he made it out of Germany to Argentina.

Anyone interested in this sort of stuff should read Ghost Flight by Bear Grylls. Its about a huge ww2 German plane crashed in the Amazon used to transport Nazi personnel and equipment to a safe haven.

Secret files reveal 9,000 Nazi war criminals fled to South America after WWII
  • As many as 5,000 Nazis went to Argentina
  • Between 1,500 and 2,000 ended up in Brazil
  • Around 500 to 1,000 settled in Chile
  • The rest started new lives in Paraguay and Uruguay

article-2117093-0022189100000258-493_468x357.jpg

During the war, Argentinian President Juan Peron, pictured with his wife Eva in Buenos Aires in 1950,
sold 10,000 blank Argentine passports to ODESSA - the organisation set up to protect former SS men in the event of defeat

Nine thousand Nazi war criminals fled to South America after the Second World War, it has been revealed for the first time.

After receiving tip-offs, German prosecutors were recently granted access to secret files in Brazil and Chile that confirmed the true number of Third Reich immigrants.

According to the documents, an estimated 9,000 war criminals escaped to South America, including Croatians, Ukrainians, Russians and other western Europeans who aided the Nazi murder machine.

Most, perhaps as many as 5,000, went to Argentina; between 1,500 and 2,000 are thought to have made it to Brazil; around 500 to 1,000 to Chile; and the rest to Paraguay and Uruguay.

These numbers do not include several hundred more who fled to the safety of right-wing regimes in the Middle East.

Previous estimates as to how many Nazis fled to South America have varied wildly from 5,000 to 300,000.

The files also showed that during the war Argentine President General Juan Peron sold 10,000 blank Argentine passports to ODESSA – the organisation set up to protect former SS men in the event of defeat.

Kurt Schrimm, 62, head of the central war criminal authority in Germany, is among the legal team sifting through archives.

He said: 'These documents provide the hottest leads we have had for years.'

Mr Schrimm said a female historian provided the clues about the Nazis who got away, who included Holocaust mastermind Adolf Eichmann, Auschwitz doctor Josef Mengele and Treblinka death camp commander Franz Stangl.

article-2117093-0CB06414000005DC-531_224x355.jpg
article-2117093-004C2AE800000258-222_224x355.jpg

Holocaust mastermind Adolf Eichmann (left) and Auschwitz doctor Josef Mengele (right), fled to South America in the aftermath of the Second World War

There is also the hope that the mountain of documents may throw up a living fugitive.

But Mr Schrimm added: 'Each day that passes makes that less and less likely but I do not want people to say in the future that we did not try.'

Mr Schrimm and his colleague Uwe Steintz, 52, believe the archives may also provide clues to Nazis who sneaked back to the Fatherland to live out their days undetected.

Of particular interest to the hunters are details of the so-called 'rat lines' - the escape routes out of a shattered Europe after WW2 that allowed an estimated 800 murderers to escape on passports provided by the Vatican.

Since arriving in South America three weeks ago, Mr Schrimm and Mr Steintz have pored over the Arquivo Historico records in Rio de Janiero.

The Archivo Nacional is the repository for all immigration documents.

They show that 20,000 Germans settled in Brazil alone between 1945 and 1959.

Mr Schrimm said: 'Many are under a false name with a dark past.'

Many South American countries postwar were ruled by fascist-style military dictatorships that welcomed the brutal servants of Nazism with few questions asked.

Mr Steintz said: 'Already we see something of a pattern in the way these criminals operated. They almost always entered the country alone and sent for their families afterwards.

'And most entered on a passport of the International Red Cross. Eight hundred higher functionaries of the SS and Nazi state entered Argentina alone on such passports.'

The files show that the contact point for many was German Bishop Alois Hudal, priest-confessor to the German Catholic community in Rome.

Investigators hope that the files will yield up cross references to the secret services of Chile and Brazil detailing names of intelligence agents who helped the Nazi war criminals.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...zi-war-criminals-fled-South-America-WWII.html

Peron was evil.

I said it somewhere recently in a thread, it sickens me that Mengele lived out his days in comfort with those he loved, and died on a beach vacationing.

Peron was evil.

I said it somewhere recently in a thread, it sickens me that Mengele lived out his days in comfort with those he loved, and died on a beach vacationing.

There is no god : (

Peron was evil.

He also sucked as a leader too. Argentina went from being basically a first world nation, and he made sure it would be a basket case for generations

Lol at the article saying Eichmann was "arrested" in Buenos Aires. He was captured/abducted by Mossad in violation of Argentina's sovereignty (fuck Eichmann, couldn't have happened to a better guy, but he wasn't "arrested").

Klaus Barbie had the GOAT post WW2 career in Bolivia.Went from practically wiping out the French Resistance to the CIAs main man in south america

I smell a potential Indiana jones type movie about a long lost treasure hidden by Nazis in Argentina...

Peron was evil.

Reading up on how Mengele extensively used women and children as human guinea pigs for his macabre experiments makes me want to bring back medival execution methods for that monster.

Reading up on how Mengele extensively used women and children as human guinea pigs for his macabre experiments makes me want to bring back medival execution methods for that monster.
I love WW2 history, but skim the Holocaust and details of Mengele's crimes, I just can't stomach it.

I smell a potential Indiana jones type movie about a long lost treasure hidden by Nazis in Argentina...

"Indiana Jones: Raiders of the Reichsmark"? :cool:

The stuff that SS officers brought with them has since been moved into the city though, for there was no need for Nazis to hide in Argentina. Much of it have been funnelled back to Germany, and the rest are now in the hands of deep-pocketed local collectors:

Biggest collection of Nazi artifacts in Argentina discovered by police
By Arturo Garcia

Biggest-collection-of-Nazi-artifacts-in-Argentina-discovered-by-police-1.jpg

The federal police of Argentina have discovered a huge collection of Nazi artifacts at an art collector’s home in Buenos Aires. Disturbing as it is, this is considered as the biggest Nazi artifacts collection in the country’s history.

There are around 75 items of Nazi memorabilia found in a hidden gallery behind a bookcase of an unnamed collector, Business Insiderreported. The trove includes a bust relief portrait of Adolf Hitler, a statue of an eagle above a swastika symbol, a knife with Nazi markings, a box of children harmonicas and puzzles with swastika symbol, an hourglass with Nazi markings, a medical device that is used to measure the size of a person’s head, and a World War II German army mortar aiming device.

There is also a photo negative of Hitler holding a magnifying glass, which was shown to the media. However, the media was asked not to publish the photograph, per ABC News.

There had been fake or imitation Nazi artifacts discovered in the past, but historians confirmed that the collection discovered in Argentina are original. Authorities are still investigating how the items made it to Argentina. One presumption is that a high-ranking Nazi leader brought them when they fled to the country after World War II.

No details were revealed as to the estimated value of the collection. Judge Sandra Arroyo Salgado issued a gag order on the investigation. Argentine Security Minister Patricia Bullrich said she will ask Salgado to have the items donated to the Holocaust Museum of Buenos Aires, The Times of Israel reported. The art collector is under investigation but remains free. The raid was prompted when illicit paintings were discovered at an art gallery.

Last year, an Argentinian collector spent $680,000 on Nazi underpants and other memorabilia. A signed copy of “Mein Kampf,” which translates to “My Struggle,” written by Hitler, recently sold for £17,000 at an auction.

https://born2invest.com/articles/biggest-collection-nazi-artifacts/

Last edited:
Back