Seeing old friend can be very depressing

The biggest driving factor in my life is the fear that I peaked in highschool. The thought of that being a possibility gets me out of bed in the morning and helps me embrace the grind

Ive been on both sides of the coin here

It sucks when you meet a friend who is really making it or doing well

I went through deep depression for a few years and it was really tough. I got through it with a lot of prayer and good friends. I'm not saying it's a cure-all, but it worked for me.

I now make it a conscious choice to be positive every, single, day. You don't have to compare your life to anyone else's... EVER. If you think you can do better, then DO better.

Don't mistake movement for progress.

The only person you have to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

TS they probably go back home and say the same thing about you too.

This explains a lot of your posts context.
Yeah I've heard that before on here lol. I don't live in a world filled with happiness and positive outcomes

Last edited:
A lot of ignorant, self-righteous A holes would say you’re just being a baby, and need to stop making excuses. Get off your ass and take responsibility for your own life. You get what you put in.

But I’m not one of those A holes. I agree with you 100%. The other thing to remember too, is that a lot of happiness has to do with your brain’s hardwiring. There are people who are as happy as a fly on dogshit, and by anyone else’s calculation, their lives appear to be a cesspool of utter misery.

If there is an eventual light at the end of the tunnel, the key to seeing it may lie in convincing your mind to believe that things are actually pretty good.
Yeah like I said I legit don't mean that as some excuse, although I did when I was younger. More because I felt like I was being held to the same standard as people that had a lot more help, and that didn't feel fair.

At this point I just want to improve my own life as much as possible. It's an uphill battle though. I was seeing a therapist a few years ago, and he told me he worked with a lot of people that had a lot more money and material things than I did, but they were still just as unhappy.

So it's definitely a struggle that exists in some form no matter how many resources you have.

Just have to try and be thankful for what you do have and try to have a positive outlook.

It can be hard to not compare yourself to others but really you should be happy for them even if they are doing better than you. Because by having this mindset it will make you a better person. Being jealous because someone is doing well is only going to devalue yourself.

I didn’t have a lot going for myself a few years back. Then I finally got my dream career and I love it. I still don’t have a pretty wife/girlfriend but why should I let that get me down? Good things happen to those who work hard and stay positive

This might make me sound like a dick but I just avoid wasting time with people with terrible lives. It's just a natural separation away from people who make poor life decisions. That goes for people with a lot of money. I have a friend who lives with his gf and they both work at jobs that pay less than $20/hr. Probably the happiest people that i know.

OTOH - I know some miserable cunts worth more than $50m that aere always doing dumb things.

I made a decision in high school to stop hanging with my friends because they were not going places, they always started fights and treated women like garbage, some of them began to have sex with hookers as well!

Today, my new friends are mostly highly successful businessmen with careers that make my own look Chael Sonnen’s career as a realtor!

So I should perhaps look for new friends again...

Meh. Friends are friends through thick and thin. Sure, their lives may be shit but thats part of life. Stick with them, you never know when they'll be the ones holding their hand out to get you out of the dirt.

If Bourdains suicide has taughte anything it's that you could have the most perfect life, objectivley speaking and still be absolutely miserable on the inside.

We all know fortune doesn't always equate to happiness but it's the little things that matter. Well what if you were someone like Bourdain who pretty much had it all. Ate the best food, was well respected internationally, dating a hot younger Italian broad and had all that fortune to boot and were miserable after all that.

The human condition has a level of suffering that we will never understand.

I dont lnow much about that guy, but I get why he kill himself even if he's rich married, has a kid, got his dream job, and used heroin. I figure the heroin was the ultimate test, like he wanted to see if that drug could finally give him some ultimate sense of serenity. In the end, I imagine it didnt and having achieved " everything" and still finding himself unhappy he ultimately decided their was no hope. It's hard to live without any dreams left...

Yeah I've heard that before on here lol. I don't live in a world filled with happiness and positive outcomes

I hope this makes you feel better...

Last edited:
I hope this makes you feel better...

I probably sound more negative about things, than I would having a conversation irl with someone.I'm still taking risks and trying new things, and planning for a better future.

I'm not there yet, but I haven't given up. I never give up.

The longer you haven't seen them the more can happen. I think the worst is people not living up to their potential .
I had a friend from elem and middle school. He was super smart went to magnet HS and ended up dropping out of college. Became a mechanic and last I saw was dating this ugly Indian girl. Dude should be an engineer or a programmer

I probably sound more negative about things, than I would having a conversation irl with someone.I'm still taking risks and trying new things, and planning for a better future.

I'm not there yet, but I haven't given up. I never give up.

Don't be such a bitch, and see things more for what they really are. I'm being serious and mean this is a positive way. You are way too negative for your own good.

The longer you haven't seen them the more can happen. I think the worst is people not living up to their potential .
I had a friend from elem and middle school. He was super smart went to magnet HS and ended up dropping out of college. Became a mechanic and last I saw was dating this ugly Indian girl. Dude should be an engineer or a programmer

Instead of becoming an engineer, he ended up dating one; if he marries it, all the bonus, none of the work. He's still super smart.

Don't be such a bitch, and see things more for what they really are. I'm being serious and mean this is a positive way. You are way too negative for your own good.
<mma4>

Instead of becoming an engineer, he ended up dating one; if he marries it, all the bonus, none of the work. He's still super smart.
Thing is she isn't an engineer or anything. She's also not good looking at all. So it's really a shame he never lived up to jlhis potential .
Guy was super friggin smart. Before it was s thing he'd make origami, and do some crazy stuff with it, and that was in elem in the early 90s

Back