Sefo and Le Banner never won K-1 Grand Prix

TjDillashawCombo

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
These two were one of the best in K-1 for years. Are Dutch style of kickboxing really was so much better than anything else in the world? Besides from one karate guy Andy Hug and Mark Hunt in 2001, it was pure Dutch domination, until the last true K-1 tournament in 2010. Even Fransois Botha did better than either one of them. What if someone like Deontay Wilder or Anthony Joshua fought in these tournaments? K-1 guys won't survive

hRUiO9C.png

casual spotted

Botha was on a 5 loss streak in kickboxing before he was an semi finalist on K-1 WGP 2004, after that he went on a 4 loss streak never being able to qualify to the tournament again

JLB is the best HW to never win a K-1 WGP

he was finalist twice (1995, 2002) and semi finalist also twice( 1999 and 2007)

In 2000 he won a highly prestigious 8 Man tournament (K-1 GP Osaka), defeating Hunt and Hoost in the same night,one of the best non K-1 WGP tournament wins...

Sefo was K-1 WGP 2000 Finalist and semi finalist in 2002

both of them, and other elite guys that never won a K-1 WGP like Mike Bernardo, Ignashov, Filho, Leko and Crocop.

Botha was one thing on boxing,but on kickboxing he had a very negative record...

<{cruzshake}><36>

Lowkicks, ever heard of them...
Doesn't matter. K-1 fighters were all about offense without proper defense, feints and footwork. 1-2 counter from Joshua and these guys won't get up. Low level boxers like Mighty Mo did well against K-1 elite. Wonder how Wilder would've done against these guys

casual spotted

Botha was on a 5 loss streak in kickboxing before he was an semi finalist on K-1 WGP 2004, after that he went on a 4 loss streak never being able to qualify to the tournament again

JLB is the best HW to never win a K-1 WGP

he was finalist twice (1995, 2002) and semi finalist also twice( 1999 and 2007)

In 2000 he won a highly prestigious 8 Man tournament (K-1 GP Osaka), defeating Hunt and Hoost in the same night,one of the best non K-1 WGP tournament wins...

Sefo was K-1 WGP 2000 Finalist and semi finalist in 2002

both of them, and other elite guys that never won a K-1 WGP like Mike Bernardo, Ignashov, Filho, Leko and Crocop.

Botha was one thing on boxing,but on kickboxing he had a very negative record...
I'm more of a boxing fan. You can't argue that Botha did well for an old mediocre boxer. His basic boxing knowledge was enough to be competitive with most of them. He was close to the final, but corrupt Japanese judges robbed him against Bonjasky. I remember Ignashov was considered as the one to dethrone Schilt, but he had problems with alcohol or something. Bernardo and Leko were journeyman kickboxers, nobody ever considered them as real contenders

I'm more of a boxing fan. You can't argue that Botha did well for an old mediocre boxer. His basic boxing knowledge was enough to be competitive with most of them. He was close to the final, but corrupt Japanese judges robbed him against Bonjasky. I remember Ignashov was considered as the one to dethrone Schilt, but he had problems with alcohol or something. Bernardo and Leko were journeyman kickboxers, nobody ever considered them as real contenders

he did well, also no way he got robbet against bonjasky, he lost fair and square...

Mike Bernardo and Leko journeyman? nobody ever considered them real contenders???

thats absolutelly wrong, Leko was considered one of the big favorites to win the K-1 WGP 2002 along with JLB and Hoost...

Bernardo was K-1 WGP 1996 runner-up, had one of the biggest rivalries on the sport against Prime Aerts.

Doesn't matter. K-1 fighters were all about offense without proper defense, feints and footwork. 1-2 counter from Joshua and these guys won't get up. Low level boxers like Mighty Mo did well against K-1 elite. Wonder how Wilder would've done against these guys
This is so stupid I don't even know how to respond...

<{cruzshake}><{cruzshake}><{cruzshake}>

So what about Dutch style of kickboxing? Seems like you guys don't want to share your knowledge, and only want to argue

So what about Dutch style of kickboxing? Seems like you guys don't want to share your knowledge, and only want to argue

You're making dumb assertions with no proof and you obviously don't know what you are talking about when it comes to Kickboxing. What other response would you expect, posting bait like this in a Kickboxing forum?

You're making dumb assertions with no proof and you obviously don't know what you are talking about when it comes to Kickboxing. What other response would you expect, posting bait like this in a Kickboxing forum?
It's the language barrier. I need to improve my english to form sentences better

Dutch Stylists are hardly dominating the sport nowadays.

It's the language barrier. I need to improve my english to form sentences better

Language barrier or not you managed to make the following provocative troll statements in just 4 posts:
-Dutch style kickboxing is so much better than anything else in the world, and it's been pure domination.
-Tournaments after 2010 weren't true K-1 tournaments.
-"Even" François Botha did better than Le Banner and Sefo and did well for an "old mediocre boxer".
-K-1 guys wouldn't survive fighting Wilder or Joshua.
-K-1 fighters were all about offence without proper defence, feints and footwork.
-A 1-2 counter from Joshua and "those K-1 guys" wouldn't get up.
-Low level boxers like Mighty Mo did well against K-1 elite.
-Corrupt Japanese judges robbed Botha vs. Bonjasky.
-Ignashov would have dethroned Schilt if it wasn't for his drinking problems.
-Bernardo and Leko were journeyman kickboxers, and nobody considered them as real contenders.

Others on here have been nice calling you a casual, to me you're just a dumbass troll who should go back to the heavies.

Are you nuts ? Mighty Mo did not do well against K-1 elite. He was KO'd by a non elite fighter that weighed more than 100 lbs less than he did.

The year LeBanner would have won it was the one time Hunto had his number
He definitely would have taken it that year if not for getting flattened by that ol rascally Super Samoan

What happens when the #3 HW boxer does kickboxing?

method=get&s=022900748.jpg

I'm a former amateur boxer, my first combat sport love, and have always preferred it to kickboxing.

Anyone thinking that a top boxer could waltz into kickboxing and start dominating, like the OP does, is an absolute idiot who doesn't understand anything about striking.

Not only do boxers lack the kicks and knees that are essential to be a high-level kickboxer, but they don't even have the reactions and muscles in their legs to check or absorb low kicks.

Francois Botha, still a top 15 heavyweight boxer when he decided to try kickboxing at the age of 35, had limited success, finishing his career 4-12.

Jarell Miller, who started kickboxing at 14, and thus avoided most of the weaknesses boxers typically have in the sport, still couldn't beat a 40 year-old Crocop.

Now, COULD a relatively young, highly athletic, quick learner, and phenomenal champion like Anthony Joshua, if he spent the next 3+ years training purely kickboxing, have considerable success in the sport? Sure.

But that's completely different than the OP's assertion.

Language barrier or not you managed to make the following provocative troll statements in just 4 posts:
-Dutch style kickboxing is so much better than anything else in the world, and it's been pure domination.
-Tournaments after 2010 weren't true K-1 tournaments.
-"Even" François Botha did better than Le Banner and Sefo and did well for an "old mediocre boxer".
-K-1 guys wouldn't survive fighting Wilder or Joshua.
-K-1 fighters were all about offence without proper defence, feints and footwork.
-A 1-2 counter from Joshua and "those K-1 guys" wouldn't get up.
-Low level boxers like Mighty Mo did well against K-1 elite.
-Corrupt Japanese judges robbed Botha vs. Bonjasky.
-Ignashov would have dethroned Schilt if it wasn't for his drinking problems.
-Bernardo and Leko were journeyman kickboxers, and nobody considered them as real contenders.

Others on here have been nice calling you a casual, to me you're just a dumbass troll who should go back to the heavies.
Stop being kickboxing elitist

The year LeBanner would have won it was the one time Hunto had his number
He definitely would have taken it that year if not for getting flattened by that ol rascally Super Samoan
What about other years? Hari didn't win GP as well, but he was there for a limited amount of time. He's kind of uncrowned K-1 champion

Back