Self training Lethwei!

but there isn't a single in Lethwei that I can find

And if you find one, what are the chances it's a legit one, from an experienced trainer/fighter in Lethwei... At best it would probably be like Shinechekin said, MT with head buts...
There are legit interesting arts out there, but a lot of them are from small countries, with no exposure. Or they are in the shadows of their big brothers, like some type of Karate for example...
When i see in some countries how hard is to find legit MT gyms, I can't even imagine be in the place of people coming from a "smaller" art, moving to another place... (But in a way, they had it coming, choosing something else other than MT)

i highly doubt you will find lethwei anywhere in the world outside of Myanmar. Train MT, add headbutts, boom lethwei. Thats what Leduc is doing at TMT

That's what I wonder - is Leduc a lethwei guy or just fighting under lethwei rules and as well as that I wonder what technical differences there are from Lethwei to Muay Thai. At the moment it looks to me like they're mechanically the same on kicks, elbows, knees and clinching (obviously they favour different positions because of the headbutts) - but I wonder what the subtleties are that I'm currently missing.

And if you find one, what are the chances it's a legit one, from an experienced trainer/fighter in Lethwei... At best it would probably be like Shinechekin said, MT with head buts...
There are legit interesting arts out there, but a lot of them are from small countries, with no exposure. Or they are in the shadows of their big brothers, like some type of Karate for example...
When i see in some countries how hard is to find legit MT gyms, I can't even imagine be in the place of people coming from a "smaller" art, moving to another place... (But in a way, they had it coming, choosing something else other than MT)

That's exactly what I figure it would be. And small art aside - is there any point in trying to open a lethwei school if your guys would only be able to fight under Thai boxing and kickboxing rules. Headbutts are banned from combat sambo in the UK and US - so I have real doubts that Lethwei would be legal.

That's what I wonder - is Leduc a lethwei guy or just fighting under lethwei rules and as well as that I wonder what technical differences there are from Lethwei to Muay Thai. At the moment it looks to me like they're mechanically the same on kicks, elbows, knees and clinching (obviously they favour different positions because of the headbutts) - but I wonder what the subtleties are that I'm currently missing.

That's exactly what I figure it would be. And small art aside - is there any point in trying to open a lethwei school if your guys would only be able to fight under Thai boxing and kickboxing rules. Headbutts are banned from combat sambo in the UK and US - so I have real doubts that Lethwei would be legal.

for anyone experienced in fighting MT, im sure its pretty easy to figure out the headbutts. The guys at the gym now I like lethwei and the headbutts, and when we clinch, sometimes just messing around ill do a "shadow headbutt".........as for the subtleties or finer details, the only way would be to train with someone who has actual lethwei fight experience. The bare knuckle changes the game a bit too, lethwei fighters tend to be alot more sloppy/wild and focused more on hands vs thai MT fighters, lethwei all together looks alot more sloppy than MT. I have also seen guys get dropped from jabs to the body, something you wont see in MT. Search around youtube man theres a few good documentaries and training footage of lethwei. its pretty cool, i really like the rural/ghetto training style, training barefoot on dirt etc.

dude i just had an epiphany! Learning Lethwei in the US, is probably the equivalent of trying to learn MT in the US back in the 80's.

Im really into it, I always tell myself if I ever get to make it out to thailand I would like to try a bareknuckle, and also a lethwei fight. But if I could leave the country i would have done it already. anyways dude, if u wanna chat about lethwei, im your guy.

add kyokushin to that as well.

Although Kyokushin and MT are not the same thing, there are enough similarities between the two to make the addition of Kyokushin somewhat redundant. At least that's the way I see it.

Although Kyokushin and MT are not the same thing, there are enough similarities between the two to make the addition of Kyokushin somewhat redundant. At least that's the way I see it.

yes but theres still alot of kicks that are different, also thrown a different way. I tried searching kyokushin gyms, theres a few in socal, but upon closer inspection, they are McDojos

yes but theres still alot of kicks that are different, also thrown a different way. I tried searching kyokushin gyms, theres a few in socal, but upon closer inspection, they are McDojos

:eek::eek: Kyokushin McDojos??!! Nooooooo!!!

Say it ain't so!

<Lmaoo>
yeah they got this MT guy teaching karate!
I'm gonna make a moo thigh mcdojo so much potential

Belt
Colored shorts
Colored wraps
Gym warrior class
You name it ...

Don't forget to make most of the classes look like cross-fit sessions, or boxercises... No need for good technique, fighting strategies etc... just cardio and fitness training...
And extra one on one sessions for "your special" wai kru ram muay...

wai kata ram geri

OiiEEooSssUuu

wait no scratch that.

Don't forget to make most of the classes look like cross-fit sessions, or boxercises... No need for good technique, fighting strategies etc... just cardio and fitness training...
Lol, if you want to be a fighter repping the gyn, you need to take the wait kru package of an extra $80 / month

American Muay Thai at its finest.

<mma4> $$$$$$$$$$$
I am so going this route, and the best part is I've trained for years, and competed, so I know what I'm doing, not some fat con artist.

Then I get to see the fighter gyms getting all jelly cause they struggling to make rent when 80% of their members train for free

They all fat

I am so going this route, and the best part is I've trained for years, and competed, so I know what I'm doing, not some fat con artist.

Then I get to see the fighter gyms getting all jelly cause they struggling to make rent when 80% of their members train for free

They all fat

you know you like my "pistol grip pump" wai khru. I teach it for
one-million-dollars-tqnsjl.jpg

Back