Semi-retired Ben Askren advertising his appearance on Joe Rogan 3 days after Lima/Rory

Meathead Jock

WAR ASKREN
@Gold
Reaction score
I'm not saying he is announcing his come back... But i'm not saying he isn't

He left himself an "out clause" on coming out of retirement. He said he'd come back if it was against the very best.

Rory winning his lineal belt and having a dominant win over Woodley.

He refuses to fight Woodley.

So basically his out clause was for this moment if he can't get GSP (he can't)

XgoYG.gif

Rory is who Askren wanted for his fight he agreed to take for free if he lost plus retire if he lost.

So clearly he thinks he has a hole for him to expose.

Not sure about his OneFC contract.

He wont fight Tyron and doubt UFC signs him and he fights GSP so he wont be going to UFC.

If Rory wins the belt that would give him a big fight over a name who is a top 5 WW, it would check off alot of boxes for him.

But again who knows what ONeFC would say about this.

Not sure about his OneFC contract.

He wont fight Tyron and doubt UFC signs him and he fights GSP so he wont be going to UFC.

If Rory wins the belt that would give him a big fight over a name who is a top 5 WW, it would check off alot of boxes for him.

But again who knows what ONeFC would say about this.

I think they are happy to be rid of his contract but wanted him to come up with a clause that made him leaving there look less bad on the Org than simply vacating the belt would have.

Rory makes as much sense as anyone outside of GSP which he can't land.

Not to slight Ben Askren, but in his own mind he must think he’s a huge draw or something. I mean he’s a great fighter but it’s not like there are loads of ppl who are dying to watch him. Casuals have no idea who he is. Him vs Rory would be a compelling fight but it’s only a big fight because of Rory. If he was a draw, UFC would pick him up no problem.

C'mon, someone sign this guy, he clearly wants to fight again for a title.

As a fan, seeing Askren fighting an opponent with good wrestling would answer a lot of questions.
Fighting a Rory MacDonald, a Kelvin Gastelum or even a Fat Johny would do it.

Maybe Askren is doing a Jimmy Smith and getting some exposure before announcing his next move.

I'd love to see him against a top welterweight

Now let's see if Askren actually believes the shit he spews.

I'd love to see Rory vs Askren.

It would be by far and I mean farrrrrrrrrr his best opponent to date. I'd much rather wrap up coin in a guy like Askren than spend money on some of these questionable signings.

MacDonald-Askren for the Bellator WW title would just be nearly terrific.

I can't think of too many fights I'd be more interested in seeing than Askren-MacDonald.

Rory vs Askren is the best fight that can be made outside the UFC today.

Retweeting the bellator event promo.

Still think he is coming back. He has been oddly silent about predicting the fight too. So maybe keeping his options open for either fighter

Back