Senate Intel Comm. says Russia meddled to help Trump. And voter suppression by Cambridge Analytica.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...dling-after-interviewing-obama-officials.html

The Senate Intelligence has come out and stated that there is no reason to doubt that Russia meddled in our election, with a goal of helping Trump and harming Hillary.

The intelligence community states this. Foreign intelligence states this. The Senate states this. Only the House Intelligence committee states otherwise and half of their committee thinks they're report is shoddy.

Coupled with the information that Cambridge Analytica ran Voter suppression campaigns against black voters.
https://techcrunch.com/2018/05/16/b...n-of-black-voters-whistleblower-tells-senate/

It paints a pretty fascinating picture of there was very aggressive psychological manipulation to influence this election. What's done is done. I highlight this primarily because I thought this was obvious during the campaign and was dumbfounded by how many people tried to insist it wasn't happening.

Cambridge Analyca should really be scrutinized my countrie is the 2nd most compromised after the USA.

Looks like they are selling facebook info from countries that will have an election and in our case all political parties used that info.

It's equally dumbfounding and more disturbing that we are not taking the appropriate steps to ensure this doesn't happen over and over again. If the findings showed that Russians worked to help Democrats my bet is the Republicans in power today would have a very different position on this.

It's insidious because the top priorities for these guys is to protect people from physical harm and protect our democracy. Disgraceful.

Russia did literally nothing wrong thought.

Well what about Russian Americans?

Why is AIPAC OK?

Does Russia just need to form ARPAC, and then it's all good?

American citizens spending their legal American currency on their own interests in accordance to our campaign finance and fundraising laws is different from a foreign power hacking our citizens and spending their money illegally to influence our election and elected officials.

American citizens spending their legal American currency on their own interests in accordance to our campaign finance and fundraising laws is different from a foreign power hacking our citizens and spending their money illegally to influence our election and elected officials.

You know most American Jews are progressive democrats, and AIPAC is the home of the neo-cons for some reason, yeah?

Russia did literally nothing wrong thought.
You can only come to this conclusion if you don't think spreading lies and fabricated stories is unethical or wrong, that there is no problem with obtaining illegally stolen emails and publishing them and that you meet with members of a campaign of one party to get "dirt" against your political opponents and help spread it. And to do all of this for favorable policy (or less harsh policy).

So your comment means you are ignorant on what happened or you don't think obvious unethical shit is actually unethical.

Last edited:
See this is the crazy part, even if you accept the Russian narrative.

Why am I supposed to care that Russia engaged in 1/100th of the media manipulation, and questionable practices, that every political consulting firm engages in?

Why is Cambridge analytica OK, as long as the Russians aren't the ones using them?

Does anyone think the RNC and DNC doesn't engage in everything Russia has been accused of, but on steroids, HGH, and TRT?
I think the Dems are just pissed they didn't think of datamining Facebook first.

Ghost is conservative and anung continues to believe that afaik.

You could scarcely pick worse examples.

But your argument is meaningless and irrelevant, anyways. Why not address the merits of the OP, rather than make vague claims about liberals?

To be clear, my position on this issue is:
1. Trump didn't collude w/ Russia to hack the election.
2. Any influence Russia had was insignificant and the whole story is a red herring disguised as fear mongering.

Actually much of what Cambridge analytica is accused of, is what Obama's campaign was praised for in 08.

Except Obama was an American and didn't solicit funding from foreign oligarchs to pay for his data research.

It's equally dumbfounding and more disturbing that we are not taking the appropriate steps to ensure this doesn't happen over and over again. If the findings showed that Russians worked to help Democrats my bet is the Republicans in power today would have a very different position on this.

It's insidious because the top priorities for these guys is to protect people from physical harm and protect our democracy. Disgraceful.

But how will future Republicans get Russian help if they outlaw Russian help?
reece.JPG

You can only come to this conclusion if you don't think spreading lies and fabricated stories is unethical or wrong, that there is no problem with obtaining illegally stolen emails and publishing them and that you meet with members of a campaign of one party to get "dirt" against your political opponents and help spread it. And to do all of this for favorable policy (or less harsh policy).

So your comment means you are ignorant on what happened or you don't think obvious unethical shit is actually unethical.
Ethics and politics dont go together to begin with. Russia helped the lesser evil win by doing what US usually did and do in other countries, and i dont even like Putin but this time time he did something good for a change.
Every move was the right move in the right direction with successful outcome. So like i said, Russia did nothing wrong.

This attitude is unhealthy in a pluralistic democracy.

Being delusional is unhealthy. Having high moral ground in politics just means that you are less asshole than the other guy or girl (look how progressive i am), but you are still an asshole.

btw guys @HomerThompson will give likes and bjs to anyone who disagrees with me, DO NOT miss this great opportunity ;)

Being delusional is unhealthy. Having high moral ground in politics just means that you are less asshole than the other guy or girl (look how progressive i am), but you are still an asshole.

btw guys @HomerThompson will give likes and bjs to anyone who disagrees with me, DO NOT miss this great opportunity ;)
Grow up. You're not even on my radar.

Except Obama was an American and didn't solicit funding from foreign oligarchs to pay for his data research.

You got a source for that?

I understand the 2 most partisan posters "like" the empty posts. But how's about a source for it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruckus245
Back