Senate Tax Bill Passes - at 2:00 AM (EST)

just saw a tweet
"dont forget to call your republican senators....and tell them to go fuck themselves" <36>

Damn near exactly what he wanted. If this passes and Mueller really looks into his overseas money, I expect Trump to happily abandon ship with a smile on his face.

Even the most conservative analysis is showing the growth as a result of this bill is minimal and in fact over the long term negative. It's not wise to pass it now and it will hurt our ability to fight off a recession when one comes.

I won't address the "giving free stuff to poor people" since that's a silly way to look at it and not seriously addressing those problems.

And probably the worst part for me. It will cause a lot of disruption in healthcare and raise premiums on people who do want insurance. And it's a terrible way to address the problem. This was a throw in added to a fucking tax bill to help offset cuts, so I get it. But you need a healthcare bill that addresses the issues this will cause. It's a very bad part of the bill.
sure?

it also negates mad people like myself that were forced to pay for HC they didn't need....

i'm sure all those others will just die....like they did pre Obama.

Oh, wait

Your US Senator from Iowa Ladies and Gents -

“I think not having the estate tax recognizes the people that are investing,” Grassley said, “as opposed to those that are just spending every darn penny they have, whether it’s on booze or women or movies.”
https://www.desmoinesregister.com/s...tax-reform-iowa-farmers-estate-tax/906946001/

If you don't have a $5.5M Estate it's because you're wasteful with money and you too could be rich enough to have to worry about he Estate Tax if you just didn't drink, go to movies or frequent prostitutes. $5.5M worth of booze and women would be one helluva bender - not sure you'd remember the movies.

So you can save 6 million by not dating women? Who knew.

<TheWire1>

What do you mean? The GOP would not shut the fuck up about the debt for Obama's 8 years and now suddenly it does not matter to the GOP.

The left has been pretty clear about deficits and debt. They don't want it to hit an level in which it is in fact a problem but they can justify deficits when they think they're worth the costs and they always work on pay fors. Bernie types would raise taxes, some wants cuts to military spending, etc..

The right is simply lying about this tax cut. Also, the recession had a little bit to do with adding the debt, right?

Recession is not an excuse for doubling the debt. But rates are still low. Growth is slow. Basically same conditions it was ok to borrow during. Trump isn’t conservative on many issues nor republican either. So you should expect some different policies

sure?

it also negates mad people like myself that were forced to pay for HC they didn't need....

i'm sure all those others will just die....like they did pre Obama.

Oh, wait
Ok. Well when you're older and have kids you'll be really mad, likely madder than you are now when your healthcare is much more expensive. That or you won't be able to afford it.

And it's not rhetoric, people actually do die from preventable stuff when they don't get healthcare they need.

Recession is not an excuse for doubling the debt. But rates are still low. Growth is slow. Basically same conditions it was ok to borrow during. Trump isn’t conservative on many issues nor republican either. So you should expect some different policies
No one said it's an excuse. It's just a plain fact since government revenues drop during recessions.

What do you mean on your last point? What is policies are you referring to? Trump is every bit conservative to my observation.

No one said it's an excuse. It's just a plain fact since government revenues drop during recessions.

What do you mean on your last point? What is policies are you referring to? Trump is every bit conservative to my observation.
On what? Gay marriage? Trans bathrooms? Abortion? What?

On what? Gay marriage? Trans bathrooms? Abortion? What?

Other than gay marriage, which is settled law, name one area where Trump isn't a rank-and-file Republican.

He may not have been a cookie cutter corporate conservative at the get-go, but he's certainly one now. Down to every bigoted, bootlicking detail.

Ok. Well when you're older and have kids you'll be really mad, likely madder than you are now when your healthcare is much more expensive. That or you won't be able to afford it.

And it's not rhetoric, people actually do die from preventable stuff when they don't get healthcare they need.
I have a kid, and i pay for his healthcare....

I don't know, I'm asking you what issues Trump isn't conservative on. I think he is conservative.
He’s for all things. First president to take office pro gay marriage. Said trans can use what we bathroom they want. Hasn’t taken a prolife stance. So socially a weak conservative. For big govt. big on social programs, including uhc.

How about if we just institute universal healthcare for everyone in the US, so we all get the same plan that Senators and Congressmen get? We can pay for it with cost controls, some actual reasonable tax reform, and eliminating the pensions of all the members of congress. Deal?

Doesn't address what I said.

He’s for all things. First president to take office pro gay marriage.

So?

Said trans can use what we bathroom they want.

I don't see a right/left ideological difference. Just one people stupidly want to make an issue out of.

Hasn’t taken a prolife stance.

Pointless to bring up.

So socially a weak conservative.

I don't even know what that means.

For big govt. big on social programs, including uhc.

His record will show the opposite.

Recession is not an excuse for doubling the debt. But rates are still low. Growth is slow. Basically same conditions it was ok to borrow during.

No. When this number:

fredgraph.png

is below the black line and interest rates are at 0, that's when you want higher deficits. And even then, regressive redistribution is the worst possible way to get them if your goal is increasing growth.

Doesn't address what I said.

So?

I don't see a right/left ideological difference. Just one people stupidly want to make an issue out of.

Pointless to bring up.

I don't even know what that means.

His record will show the opposite.
We’ll see. I’d be for raising the Medicaid cut off a few grand. Easier than another healthcare bill

We’ll see. I’d be for raising the Medicaid cut off a few grand. Easier than another healthcare bill
We shall see. There's talk about SS/Medicare being on the chopping block next and this bill cuts medicare.

We shall see. There's talk about SS/Medicare being on the chopping block next and this bill cuts medicare.
I think they can all be trimmed. Bring in the bobs from office space and move some of these organizations around

Of course there will be cuts. It's been the GOP's go-to tactic for a while now. First you cut taxes (and, subsequently, revenue), than you claim there's a budget problem and the only way to fix it is to cut welfare.

Back