SERGIO MARTINEZ-JULIO CESAR CHAVEZ JR REMATCH SET FOR NOVEMBER 17TH IN VEGAS (DAZN)

He could walk on water, someone that light on their feet just isn’t going to have the wear and tear.
That's a great point, Shoe. This is why you're one of the top posters on the forum. Take notes kids.

Really dont want to see my dude Sergio get hurt.

That's a great point, Shoe. This is why you're one of the top posters on the forum. Take notes kids.

I was a big fan of Jesus when I was a kid. No tape unfortunately but the writings make him sound impressive. I don’t take it as gospel but I’ve got to rank him towards the top given the opposition it’s claimed he beat. Even if it didn’t happen exactly as reported, KOs against Lepracy and Paralysis are nothing to sneeze at.

He went down eventually, and personally I think that 3-day long count he got was suspect, but he did get back up like a champion. Can’t knock a guy like that.

Tito-Chuck 3
Floyd-Pac 2
JCCJR-Sergio 2

Can't wait for the Pavlik-Taylor trilogy. Jay and Nas should restart their beef while we're in washed season.

I was a big fan of Jesus when I was a kid. No tape unfortunately but the writings make him sound impressive. I don’t take it as gospel but I’ve got to rank him towards the top given the opposition it’s claimed he beat. Even if it didn’t happen exactly as reported, KOs against Lepracy and Paralysis are nothing to sneeze at.

He went down eventually, and personally I think that 3-day long count he got was suspect, but he did get back up like a champion. Can’t knock a guy like that.
giphy.gif

Shit no.. Just no.

Sergio doesn't need this kind of things and he retired with his brain intact (unlike his knee). another match and he might have some real damage and he's more than 40 yrs old.

This is one round 13 I could pass on, Martinez is going to get brutalized since he can't move.

Tito-Chuck 3
Floyd-Pac 2
JCCJR-Sergio 2

Can't wait for the Pavlik-Taylor trilogy. Jay and Nas should restart their beef while we're in washed season.

lmao

As long as Pavlik can lean on a barstool I'm favoring him.

I can safely say that I'm surprised.

What the hell will they come up with next? Mike Tyson vs Deontay Wilder? Kostya Tszyu vs Mikey Garcia? SMH

http://www.boxingtalk.com/pag/article.php?aid=36071

Former middleweight king Sergio Martinez is apparently coming out of retirement for another big paycheck against Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. The bout is expected to take place in Las Vegas on November 17th. DAZN will stream the event. Longtime Martinez representative Sampson Lewkowicz seemed concerned for the former champ's health, telling Boxingtalk, "I have nothing to do with this fight. I no longer represent my idol Sergio Martinez, but I am totally against this decision."

*Not sure if this is a joke* lol

I'll watch it but four year layoff after a loss where he "quit on the stool", and returning at 43? Martinez may be in need of cash. I'll watch it but question what we'll see.

I'll watch it but four year layoff after a loss where he "quit on the stool", and returning at 43? Martinez may be in need of cash. I'll watch it but question what we'll see.
If he got off the stool he might have died

If he got off the stool he might have died

This will be a comeback for the history books if he can pull it off. I want to remember him in his performance against Paul Williams. Everything else; fighters just damage themselves and their career.

Heard rumor that people started leaving Ali's camp when he was past due to hang up the gloves. I'd love to hear the talk Martinez had with his trainer when he proposed the comeback. If he pulls it off, good on him.

ill never forget when martinez absolutely blasted paul williams.

one of the most devastating punches ive seen land, and williams reaction only added to it. insane

Taylor literally might bring a gun to the ring this time. That dude is nuttier than a payday.
That's a case of brain damage though. Dude was as chill and nice as can be before the knockouts started happening

That's a case of brain damage though. Dude was as chill and nice as can be before the knockouts started happening
Yeah he used to be a sweetheart back in the day. Sad to see what's happened to him since but I'm a big believer in levity so I made a bit of a joke out of it. In all seriousness he's a threat to society and I've said this many times and I'll say it again: he's gonna end up killing somebody. It won't end well for him, unfortunately. This sport is unforgiving.

Is there a real market for this fight ?

Is there a real market for this fight ?
No , but Matchroom US apparently has to put on 16 cards and they’re a bit stretched for talent, so I guess fights like tho are the result.

Back