Series Standoff: Red Dead Redemption I & II vs GTA IV & V. Which is better?

GTA 5 felt empty. sure there were little things to do, but none of it really did much for me. it felt like a driving/errand simulator, "Hey lets go here." (once there), "K now we go here". No thanks.

RDR 2 feels more like a world to me, with stuff going on. it doesn't have as much as GTA 5 does but i'm ok with it because i'm finding myself just loving to hunt and camp and see the land, versus driving around aimlessly looking for shit to shoot in GTA 5. That's just me though.

Why do you want the setting to be one you've seen before? Boring. So far we have Vice City (Miami), Liberty City (New York) and San Andreas (California), with multiple games in each location. One of the most interesting aspects of GTA is their take on each city so why not see something new? Personally I'd like to see New Orleans.

I know it's not gonna happen but I would like to see some European settings. It's getting old that everything takes place in the US. The market outside the US should be big enough to do that.

I know it's not gonna happen but I would like to see some European settings. It's getting old that everything takes place in the US. The market outside the US should be big enough to do that.

I feel that would fundamentally change the nature of the game. A huge part of the game is the satirizing of American culture. I'm not sure that 1) the folks at Rockstar have the requisite knowledge to satirize other cultures or 2) That it would translate to the American fans.

I love the Yakuza games but they are written by and for Japanese people. And that's what makes them great.

I feel that would fundamentally change the nature of the game. A huge part of the game is the satirizing of American culture. I'm not sure that 1) the folks at Rockstar have the requisite knowledge to satirize other cultures or 2) That it would translate to the American fans.

I love the Yakuza games but they are written by and for Japanese people. And that's what makes them great.

Sounds logical.. I'm not a big GTA fan so I haven't noticed the satire. Maybe other games could have this setting. Been hoping for that for a while now..

There was a GTA set in London. I think it came out between GTA2 and 3. GTA London, or something like that.

GTA 4 < RDR1
GTA 5 > RDR2

However, GTA 5 does give The GTA Series the edge since it has The Largest Library of Content out of these 4 games. It has Story Mode, Online, Rockstar Editor, Director Mode, and Content Creator. Also not to mention it broke 7 Guinness World Records, it has made over 6 Billion Dollars in Revenue and has sold over 100 Million Copies of The Game, lastly it's The Most Profitable Entertainment Product of All Time and that includes Games, Movies, Books etc. For its time I would say it's The Most Impressive Game out of The Four because it came out in the last stage of its generation, GTA 4, RDR1, and RDR2 came out in the prime of their generations.

Goddamnit, GTA IV was so good though. It bridged the gap to create GTA V. It WAS the biggest jump in immersion within a series that I can honestly think of. The only thing close was Morrowind to Oblivion.

It's far more immersive than V to me. V has a lot of unique shit the ai did stripped from their behavior sets that really takes a ton of the personality out of interacting with people. Also, GTA V had 3 main characters to flesh out, yet the game had over 30 less main missions than GTA IV. That's insane to me. The characters are nowhere near fleshed out enough in my view, given the missions we did have gave us some glimpses of some really cool storylines. I would've liked to do way more with Michael in Vinewood, and Trevor in Hicksville, personally.

Also, V doesn't have the Broker bridge nexts to Brucie's where I can knock people off the bridge onto the ground like 90 feet below. Shit, harassing the funny gay dudes isn't even as good in V, haha.

RD2 was overall a let down for me. I played it thoroughly. The game is magnificent to look at and Arthur Morgan is one if not the best character of all time in gaming history.

With that said the game was beyond redundant and it took a lot of effort for me to get through it at the end there

RD2 was overall a let down for me. I played it thoroughly. The game is magnificent to look at and Arthur Morgan is one if not the best character of all time in gaming history.

With that said the game was beyond redundant and it took a lot of effort for me to get through it at the end there

One of my friends bought a new PS4 pro and a big ass tv for the game when it came out. Talked to him the other day and he hasn't touched it in a long time. apparently he wants a videogame and got too much of a guided cinematic experience.

RDR was the best of all.

GTA 4 and 5 were both about as good as one another as far as I can remember

RDR 2 I just didn’t get into

I thought GTA IV was really good. Especially when I went on a date with Kate after she died. I liked the way the car damage was, too.

id say IV > V > RDR > RDR2

I thought GTA IV was really good. Especially when I went on a date with Kate after she died. I liked the way the car damage was, too.

I loved GTA 4. I thought the single player story was so well done. Immigrant straight from the country who's tired of taking peoples shit meanwhile has a cousin who's done nothing in this country but take peoples shit. Loved all of it. Wish GTA 5 was even half as good but sadly the story is trash, missions are trash, and I gave up on it after 3 tries of trying to get into it.

I barely played RDR seemed so much like GTA but with cowboys and I just got done with GTA 4 so I skipped it. Haven't played RDR2 but it's in my back log at like the very end of that back log.

Rdr2 online is the worst multiplayer game in the history of gaming. Its absolutely pathetic. Never in my long career of gaming have i played such utter piss in my life. Fucking pathetic. They should be ashamed.

Back