[serious post] need "family friendly" movie suggestions

Khabibs Tiramisu

TLJ IS DOGSHIT. OH HI MARK!
@purple
Reaction score
Hi y'all,

Just want some movie suggestions that the family can watch. We have a 13 year old so we don't want to watch anything with sex, violence is fine though.. :D. We enjoy mostly action/comedy movies, or anything that's just funny. Just want to ask for help because i'm running out of ideas on what to watch.

Here are some sample movies that we've watched so far so that you'd get an idea on what i'm looking for:

- All marvel movies
- DC movies
- Rush Hour 1
- Ms. Doubt fire
- Shaun of the dead
- kick ass 1
- hot fuzz
- kingsman 1 and 2
- die hard 1
- con air
- Deadpool 1 and 2 (we skip through the sex parts)
- ocean's 11
- jumanji 2
- hitman's bodyguard
- mission impossible franchise
- Happy gilmore / waterboy
- tremors
- godzilla movies
- A lot of cartoons like Megamind, Kubo and the two strings, Disney shit, anime stuff.
- We're also fine with Horror stuff.

There's too much to mention, these are just samples at the top of my head. I need your help bros.

<DCrying>

All the Rock movies

Was pretty much my first thought after the Marvel ones. Not sure about Baywatch though.

Tooth fairy is okay ,Journey 2 is fun

James Bond with Daniel Craig aren't bad. You can skip the sex scenes although they're suggestive rather than explicit...

Princess Bride.(I'm a softie so sue me)

Fast and Furious. My teenage son put me onto these. He wanted to see one at the cinema and needed an adult. I went along as the dutiful father and actually enjoyed it enough to watch the entire series and then go back to watch the latest one..

Expendables are okay?

Last edited:
Land of the Lost
Karate Kid original
School of Rock
Elf
Night at the Museum
Harry Potter
Gremlins
Goonies

I always find it amusing how parents want to shield their kids from sex but not violence. Deadpool? You gotta be kidding me. You're okay with your 13 year old seeing heads getting chopped off but sex is off the table?

I always find it amusing how parents want to shield their kids from sex but not violence. Deadpool? You gotta be kidding me. You're okay with your 13 year old seeing heads getting chopped off but sex is off the table?
As a parent, yes.

Expendables are okay?

They meet the criteria of violence and no sex. They might give a kid brain damage because they're so stupid though.

= You're okay with your 13 year old seeing heads getting chopped off but sex is off the table?

Should check out 'The Postman Always Rings Twice'. ...If I recall correctly, sex is very much on the table...

Last edited:
Bad Boy Bubby..... classic family flick. Rated R

Chances are that the 13 year old has either seen adult films, or really wants to see them.

For children, anything Pixar or Disney.

For a 13 year old though, no idea, because they may want something edgier.

Why not ask the kid?

If the kid says anything above pg-13 then be the cool adult, slap it on and tell him/her "don't tell your mother".

You should force him to watch terminator 2. Youre not a man until you've seen terminator 2.

How is your kid with subtitles?
If he’s cool with em some good foreign movies that kick ass.
Hard Boiled, The Killer, A Better Tomorrow basically best of chow yuan fat.

Knight Rider. Robocop.

Take them old school.

It's just part of the conversation you have to have with kids and prepare them for the future in a tasteful, educational way. 99% of all kids will eventually engage in some form of extreme violence, but only a few will ever have sex. You don't want to give them the impression that sex is ever ok, and showing that stuff will just normalize it. It's wrong. But violence is going to happen, and is a natural part of growing up. Teaching them about it at an appropriate time will set them up for a healthy violence life.

Back