(Serious Question) Do you guys think Original Legit Shoot Pro Wrestling will ever happen again ?

cheachea

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
We all know Legit Real Catch Wrestling was the origins of what Pro Wrestling is today. They began to have "Worked" matches instead of "Shoots" to make money.

Now that Legit Catch Wrestling has started to make a comeback I wanted to ask you guys if you think that there is a chance that the modern Pro Wrestling Companies would ever be interested in investing and having Legit Catch Wrestling Events that are on the same Production Level and Scale as Polaris, Metamoris Etc ?

Last edited:
I hope so. It'll be tricky to get it right where it is fair to the competitors and has certain rules to keep it entertaining to watch. Metamoris has done and ok job of it. I'd love to see combat wrestling rules take off. they are fun to watch

We all know Legit Real Catch Wrestling was the origins of what Pro Wrestling is today. They began to have "Worked" matches instead of "Shoots" to make money.

Now that Legit Catch Wrestling has started to make a comeback I wanted to ask you guys if you think that there is a chance that the modern Pro Wrestling Companies would ever be interested in investing and having Legit Catch Wrestling Events that are on the same Production Level and Scale as Polaris, Metamoris Etc ?

WTF are you talking about?

Amateur wrestling is shoot. You talking about that?

MMA is shoot.

Submission wrestling is called ducking BJJ and has tournaments around the world. You can use Viper pit techniques in BJJ.

You can’t fucking have guys shoot in a pro wrestling environment. It would be murder. As in HHH hits a guy on the head with his fucking hammer. Taker tosses Foley into the crowd. You hit a guy with a ladder. Braun tosses an ambulance with an injured Reigns really inside.

Minus the striking I guess.

Abu Dabi.

There is no reason for it to come back when BJJ/Judo/Submission and the like exist and are not big.

Even worked shoot pro wrestling leagues like UWF/Rings/some early Pancrase dont make sense to make a comeback cause we have the real thing with MMA, all you basically willl do is restrict the type of moves/matches/storylines/characthers you could use by adopting a shoot format and work for a niche audience that wants realistic worked pro wrestling.

Also this.

There is no profit in risking your stars losing to boring mid carders with legit skills.

Even if you handle them as different shows, events promoted by pro wrestling organizations will never get the respect aas a sport as there willl always be the idea that fights will be fixed for profit.

IIRC Billy Robinson tried this briefly in the early 90s according to his WON bio.

Back