Serious thread here. GSP vs Khabib should they fight?

GSP is a terrible matchup for Khabib

the mma gods are smiling on GSP with Bisping and Khabib as champs

I think GSP has the perfect style to beat Khabib. Amazing tdd plus teh jab. Whether he can implement that is another question. He isn't getting any younger and Khabib is in his prime..
thank you for actually participating in the topic and not acting like a troll and mentioning Ferg who will be pushed aside the moment GSP says he wants to get in there with Khabib.

Neither UFC or GSP really want that fight.. Its either woodley or a catchweight Conor fight imo.

Khabib poses no wrestling threat to GSP that a bigger Kos, Shields and Hendricks did and he does not have the striking of any of those guys.

Heck even Hughes and Fitch posed as much or more of a grappling threat to GSP. But GSP is older and his game is definitely slipping. He can still win as he was that good but he is no where near his prime and we see him getting tired in all his fights now, something that never happened prior. I could see Khabib wearing him out and maybe winning a decision.

No GSP vs Khabib shouldn’t fight because Tony Ferguson gets his title shot vs Khabib and GSP has never competed at LW.

GSP vs Woodley for the battle of the WW GOAT is the fight everyone should be clamoring for next.
Ferg will trip over a wire and the fight will be off for the 4th time ....
Plius GSP gets first dibs on whatever he wants unlike Conor McGregor GSP draws and WINS his fights

Ferg will trip over a wire and the fight will be off for the 4th time ....
Plius GSP gets first dibs on whatever he wants unlike Conor McGregor GSP draws and WINS his fights
Ferg and his 11 fight win streak at LW > GSP and his 0 fight win streak at LW

no - i want to see khabib defend the title against top contenders
GSP has never proven himself to be a top guy at 155 and his last fight suggests he's only in it for big money fights
let GPS have big money fights against guys out of title contention like conor mcg

No

It's a way of avoiding true fair sport and ducking Woodley who is shorter than Khabib

After the GSP fight:

the pig faced embarassment Khabib and his team will probably ask Woodley for 1 billion to fight after he beats an old washed up diseased GsP or retire. I guarantee it.

Khabib is 29 and wanting to fight GSP instead of a Prime Woodley who ends his career and stops him calling himself the Floyd of MMA

That's why he'll beat a name GSP, faded GSP.and Conor, and ask for a stupid amount like 500.million to fight Woodle

GSP v Khabib is like Liddell v Gustafson why not Gustafson v Jones, which is Khabib v Woodley
IDK why everyone says GSP is so much bigger than Khabib when Khabib used to walk at 200 pounds and GSP always walked at 175-180

No.

GSP disrupted one division and then ran away.
He should not be allowed to do it again.

And Tony has earned it.
He saved that division from a sham title reign. The best fighter wasn't holding the belt, nor was the best fighter getting to face the belt holder. That division was disrupted before GSP got there, and he did MMA a service by taking Bisping out.

155 is a different story, though.
Fergusen does deserve the shot. I also don't see much point in GSP dropping down.
If he fights a contender at 155, then that's a different story. GSP moving down doesn't really strike me as must-see matchmaking, though.
I wonder if he might pull a BJ to 145 type of mistake by dropping that much weight.
Other than seeing how the weight cut affects him, stylistically, I don't see what Khabib is going to do to him, if GSP is in good shape at 155. GSP is a bad stylistic matchup.

That cluckin chicken GSP doesn't want any of Woodley just like Khabib doesn't

They're both a circus trying to keep the spotlight on their freak show.fight and sweep the fact that Woodley would starch both of them under the carpet while they ask for.more money than Woodley gets for.a fight

Then they'll both outprice Woodley out of a rematch and retire

This is while Khabib calls himself the Floyd of MMA. He's 10000x worse than Conor cause at least Conor fought the best.
You’re in every thread accusing Khabib of ducking the champ at 171. You’re either a troll or on the spectrum.

Been here since 2007 and I should know better to start a thread that involves real use of a brain and discuss the actual topic....Its funny most of the noobie 2018 members are those who cant stick to a topic lol its horrible. ADHD runs wild in this place.

Thank you to those who actually can discuss the topic at hand lol

He saved that division from a sham title reign. The best fighter wasn't holding the belt, nor was the best fighter getting to face the belt holder. That division was disrupted before GSP got there, and he did MMA a service by taking Bisping out.

155 is a different story, though.
Fergusen does deserve the shot. I also don't see much point in GSP dropping down.
If he fights a contender at 155, then that's a different story. GSP moving down doesn't really strike me as must-see matchmaking, though.
I wonder if he might pull a BJ to 145 type of mistake by dropping that much weight.

He didn’t save anything.

The weak champ should have been forced to face top contenders instead of fighting 15th ranked Hendo and semi-retired WW GSP.

THAT would have saved the division.

Of course GSP fled from facing the top MW afterwards. That was predictable.

Khabib poses no wrestling threat to GSP that a bigger Kos, Shields and Hendricks did and he does not have the striking of any of those guys.

Heck even Hughes and Fitch posed as much or more of a grappling threat to GSP. But GSP is older and his game is definitely slipping. He can still win as he was that good but he is no where near his prime and we see him getting tired in all his fights now, something that never happened prior. I could see Khabib wearing him out and maybe winning a decision.
But Khabib walks around heavier than GSP. So in my opinion its pretty even

Neither UFC or GSP really want that fight.. Its either woodley or a catchweight Conor fight imo.
ok. So put that aside...

pretend the fight is happening which I feel it will. When two fighters want the fight and they hold the cards they get what they want. Conor is losing his ability to demand things the more he loses.

TS great thread. To those who are just answering with GSP should fight Woodley or that he doesn't deserve a title fight at 155 just stop, the TS asked a question, not wanted you opinion on if it should happen.

I'm a fan of both these guys and if this fight happened I would love it as a fan. I'm Canadian so GSP is my GOAT, but Khabib is just as good and has done amazing things. Here's how I think both can win.

GSP: if he can establish his jab early he has a chance. He also would need to stuff Khabib's takedowns, first 5 at least, just to get a look at where he's coming from, because his angles and pressure are relentless. GSP should have the cardio at 155 to keep up with Khabib's so that's not an issue. GSP is a master at beating guys at their own game so if he can take Khabib down, put him on his back and make him work, I think he can grid it out.

Khabib: if he can negate that job and get early takedowns I think GSP will defend, but only for the first 3 rounds. GSP hasn't been in a 5 rounder for a long time so that pressure might get to his cardio, even though it's good. Khabib's top control is the nastiest in MMA, so it's a matter of how long GSP can take it, and can he reverse.

This is a 5 round decision fight, it just matters how can implement their plan the best. I think Khabib would win this 49-46, but GSP has a great chance to do his thing.

It would be a good match up but GSP can'T just keep jumping the line.

Tony should get the next shot, GSP for Khabib's retirement fight.

Back