Serious thread here. GSP vs Khabib should they fight?

my assessment of Khabib and GSP using my retarded formula
(striking + grappling + defense)x cardio = fighter's score

Khabib
striking 6/10
grappling 10/10
defense 8/10
cardio 10/10

total score 240

GSP
striking 9/10
grappling 9/10
defense 9/10
cardio 9/10

total score 243

this is super close. GSP has advantages in the initial rounds. However, Khabib has advantages in the later rounds.

Ferg and his 11 fight win streak at LW > GSP and his 0 fight win streak at LW
Yeah AND GSP said he wwanted to fight Bisping when he had contenders waiting to fight him.....GSP got the fight.

IF you havent realized it by now the UFC dont care whos next in line they care about who is going to bring in a PPV buyrate then youre just not paying attention. Ferg deserves it yes....but he derved it 5-6 fights ago. He will fight Dustin next. Youll see.

Will be close. People are forgetting Khabib has a good jab himself and is much quicker than GSP in 2018.

I think Khabib will just be too quick for him and will get a UD/SD.

GSP doesnt derserve it. I cant believe he's ducking wooley so hard and trying to pick off easymoney fights. Bisping now Khabib who struggled with Tibau. Dudes gone full retard compared to what he used to be. Its not like he needs the money either worth around 50 million.

who needs the money the guys worth 2-3 million like Tony, dustin etc who actually paid their dues and now it's thier turn not old ass GSP coming back stealing spots.

I have issues though with stepping over with anyone like when Conor did it to khabib and then froze his career two years.

Last edited:
But Khabib walks around heavier than GSP. So in my opinion its pretty even
Ya Khabib and GSP are pretty similar sized. I think GSP has a slightly bigger frame but Khabib walks around slightly heavier.

My point was that Khabib was smaller than other grappling threats GSP faced like Kos, Shields, Fitch, Hendricks who were all quite a bit bigger than Khabib. only Hughes would be similar or slightly smaller.

After beating Khabib, there are other interesting $$$ fights for GSP and the UFC in this division: Conor and Ferguson. Hopefully, we'll get to see that. Just to see Dana doing the opposite of what he's saying one more time would be nice.

He didn’t save anything.

The weak champ should have been forced to face top contenders instead of fighting 15th ranked Hendo and semi-retired WW GSP.

THAT would have saved the division.

Of course GSP fled from facing the top MW afterwards. That was predictable.
He ended the title reign that the top contenders weren't going to get to end since Bisping was actively avoiding them. The UFC didn't give a shit because all they care about is what they think will make the most money. They could have made him rematch Rockhold, face Romero, etc, (or be stripped) if they wanted.
They didn't. The dude was gonna claim he couldn't fight if he didn't fighy GSP. GSP ended up being the reason Bisping lost the belt. I don't care that he didn't fight Whittaker, because Whittaker and Romero fought for the real title - which should/would have happened anyway.

It wasn't the ideal situation, but it was better than a fraud champion holding the belt hostage for longer.

Hell no. Nor Khabib or GSP needs to prove nothing, even more against each other. Doesn't make sense. But I would watch for sure. Very, very good fight, with Khabib winning easily, smashing GSP for real.

A jab is not going to do anything to Khabib. Khabib will out wrestle GSP easily. GSP is too old, we aren't in 2009 anymore. Khabib will brutally TKO him

giphy.gif

It's an interesting fight, to be sure.

GSP has possibly the all time best MMA wrestling, but Khabib is in that argument as well.

I think a lot of it would boil down to if GSP could actually counter-wrestle Khabib enough to keep the fight standing for a considerable amount of time.

If so, he wins. He has the reach, and sharper striking, particularly the jab and kicks.

If not, Khabib could win via GNP domination imo.

Georges is the WW GOAT, Khabib is not going to out strength GSP and top control him like he does 155'ers, many of which have no ground game at all.

GSP vs Woodley for the battle of the WW GOAT is the fight everyone should be clamoring for next.

There is no battle for WW GOAT, GSP is a 9 time defending champ with multiple title reigns. So far Tyron has not even matched Matt Hughes defenses.

Love this fight. I am fine with either GSP and Fergusson fight, just don't make a Conor rematch with Khabib or the bs boxing match with Mayweather.

TS great thread. To those who are just answering with GSP should fight Woodley or that he doesn't deserve a title fight at 155 just stop, the TS asked a question, not wanted you opinion on if it should happen.

I'm a fan of both these guys and if this fight happened I would love it as a fan. I'm Canadian so GSP is my GOAT, but Khabib is just as good and has done amazing things. Here's how I think both can win.

GSP: if he can establish his jab early he has a chance. He also would need to stuff Khabib's takedowns, first 5 at least, just to get a look at where he's coming from, because his angles and pressure are relentless. GSP should have the cardio at 155 to keep up with Khabib's so that's not an issue. GSP is a master at beating guys at their own game so if he can take Khabib down, put him on his back and make him work, I think he can grid it out.

Khabib: if he can negate that job and get early takedowns I think GSP will defend, but only for the first 3 rounds. GSP hasn't been in a 5 rounder for a long time so that pressure might get to his cardio, even though it's good. Khabib's top control is the nastiest in MMA, so it's a matter of how long GSP can take it, and can he reverse.

This is a 5 round decision fight, it just matters how can implement their plan the best. I think Khabib would win this 49-46, but GSP has a great chance to do his thing.

I get what you are saying but there is a serious flaw in your thinking. Instead of saying you think GSP has a chance, you should be saying Khabib has a chance, which he does. GSP is from a weight class higher, not only a weight class higher but GOAT from a weight class higher. Its like saying Bobby Knuckles is going to beat up Jon Jones, its not going to happen. Odds are, Geroges teaches Khabib a lesson. He's nullified larger, stronger wrestlers than Khabib.

But it is a fight they both want. When two fighters want it and its MONEY. UFC does what they want.

What's money about it? Washed up GSP fighting a lightweight that will probably have to be fought at a catchweight cause GSP can't make 155?

In terms of merits, I think it is hard to deny Tony Ferguson has earned his title shot.

That being said, I think Khabib vs GSP is a super fight by any measure. I know a lot of people who want to see KO's will whine that this has grappling contest written all over it, and the potential to be a snoozefest fought on the mat for the majority of the night... but this is the heart of a fight between two of the very best in the world putting their skills to the test.

- From a grappling standpoint, it may be the one fight that GSP is considered the underdog.
- In terms of striking, GSP's dynamic attack and speed would be a significant advantage.
- Cardio is a toss-up, with a slight edge to Khabib. Given the weight cut, it could be more than slight.
- Size is in GSP's court.
- Experience goes to GSP.

I don't believe the UFC makes this fight unless they are forced to make it (i.e. Conor vs Floyd). There is one caveat to that argument, could they make it a 4 man showdown, to maximize revenue. GSP vs Conor on one side, Khabib vs Tony. That represents three mega $$$ fights.

Been here since 2007 and I should know better to start a thread that involves real use of a brain and discuss the actual topic....Its funny most of the noobie 2018 members are those who cant stick to a topic lol its horrible. ADHD runs wild in this place.

Thank you to those who actually can discuss the topic at hand lol
go talk about that in the other thread. thats not being discussed here.

Check your thread title dude, it can be read two different ways <45>

No

T-Ferg is next for Khabib.

Woodley vs GSP is the other fight to make.

What's with your obsession of Woodley vs. GSP? I see you post it in every gsp related thread I go in lol

Khabib vs Ferguson
GSP vs Woodley

Until those fights happen this should not.
With that being said GSP wins by whatever the hell he wants. Hes literally Khabib but slightly bigger and better at everything. Including wrestling.

Back