Serious thread here. GSP vs Khabib should they fight?

Ferg deserves his shot but the “big event whore” in me wants GSP to fight Conor or Khabib, the. Have ferg and the one that doesn’t fight in the main event as the co main event.

Then have lesnar and bob sapp go at it before those two fights as a nice appetizer

I get what you are saying but there is a serious flaw in your thinking. Instead of saying you think GSP has a chance, you should be saying Khabib has a chance, which he does. GSP is from a weight class higher, not only a weight class higher but GOAT from a weight class higher. Its like saying Bobby Knuckles is going to beat up Jon Jones, its not going to happen. Odds are, Geroges teaches Khabib a lesson. He's nullified larger, stronger wrestlers than Khabib.

Both of these guys have done the same. It's just that Khabib's top control is the best we've seen in MMA. Georges can be taken down we know that, and we know what Khabib can do from there. Same for GSP, his GnP is deadly. I would love to see this match but I think of all the opponents GSP has faced, Khabib is the most dangerous. This is a 50/50 fight for me.

Both of these guys have done the same. It's just that Khabib's top control is the best we've seen in MMA. Georges can be taken down we know that, and we know what Khabib can do from there. Same for GSP, his GnP is deadly. I would love to see this match but I think of all the opponents GSP has faced, Khabib is the most dangerous. This is a 50/50 fight for me.

It might be a 50/50 fight, I can concede its a helluva matchup but tell me this. Who takes GSP down? I must have forgot about that because in his 28 fight career I can only remember a couple times it ever happened.

For personal reasons I’d love to see the fight. Should it be the fight that’s made - probably not. Not fair to LW division or Tony

If Khabib had been fighting at 170 and they were to fight at 170 then yes absolutely.

I think the best version of GSP does to Khabib what he did to damn near everyone else

But the current GSP? Not sure, and I'd rather see GSP fight the legit WW champ instead

thank you for actually participating in the topic and not acting like a troll and mentioning Ferg who will be pushed aside the moment GSP says he wants to get in there with Khabib.
GSP vs khabib will not happen.. I see people on here writing Khabib will KO GSP.... cmon now.. i know anything can happen in a fight, but lets be serious. I see no way khabib can win this fight. Connor was afraid to let his hands go because he was afraid of the takedown. GSP will not be. Jabbed to death.. takedown... GNP... repeat and repeat... GSP 50-44

1. GSP wants to win 3 belts, so yes, they should fight.

2. Why? Because GSP has done a lot for the sport, And is a big draw, so a superfight would be fine. Khabib has also looked impressive, so it is a fun fight.

3. Who wins? I really don’t see GSP taking a fight at this time unless he has a good plan And is certain he will win. I would expect it to be pretty one sided if he can make lw.

4. Will it happen? Nah, I doubt it because the ufc will not risk it (see point 4), And I doubt GSP can make lw.

I dont think our interest is that relevant. Both guys have big followings, so it could make sense. But looks like GSP/Dana aren't getting along negotiation wise, so Dana is talking about fairness toward other fighters, hahah. So, doesnt seem likely at this stage.

GSP vs khabib will not happen.. I see people on here writing Khabib will KO GSP.... cmon now.. i know anything can happen in a fight, but lets be serious. I see no way khabib can win this fight. Connor was afraid to let his hands go because he was afraid of the takedown. GSP will not be. Jabbed to death.. takedown... GNP... repeat and repeat... GSP 50-44
Id suspect it to be strictly a ground battle with Khabib doing fairly well until the end of round 2. Nobody has given Khabib real issues in the begining rounds so there is no evidence GSP would be different he isnt active nor is a 155 pound cut going to be easy. GSP will take over with his gas tank in the later rounds for sure, his jab and his ability to just be great at defending a take down. A fresh Khabib can take GSP down to the cage no doubt in my mind...even a Josh Koscheck took GSP down so its not like its impossible. Khabib is an undefeated fighter who used the same style to beat all of them and walks around heavier than GSP. GSP walks around at 185-190 Khabib was 200 pounds cutting to 155 at one point. His core strength is insane.

GSP wins IMO simply better athlete and agility but it would be more competitive than you think

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruckus245
Back