Seriously, This Guy Is An Active UFC Fighter

Put CM Punk against a ballerina in Chicago let’s see who is superior

Regardless of skill, I will bet my house the ballerinas at the highest level can keep up with a basic MMA warm-up routine.

That was a warm-up. Not competition or skill training. LOL
Can't lie, I wasn't about to watch that video lol everything u said makes sense now.

I will only say that ballet (even warm ups) requires a very specific skillset that takes years to develop, mostly lower body and spinal dexterity/flexibility. In an mma warm u just need to generally loosen up and warm up the joints. A ballet warm up has a much higher skill and limb dexterity requirement than mma. In mma u get to use ur body in any way that you can make work. Shitty hips? You can still have powerful punches and a smothering top game. Don't ever really need to improve flexibity if u don't want. Like Dan Henderson for instance.

It'd be more comparable if in mma you absolutely had to be able to throw question kicks and spinning hook kicks. But you don't have to, so many ppl never learn nor even practice such things. I can kick ppl in the liver and even head decently, but I can't do 1/90th of the things that ballerinas can.

But planks and most squat variations should be easy as fuck for any good fighter. Double legs alone should have ur hips good enough to squat well

but he can't keep up with some ballerinas. Which is the tougher sport now? LOL

Relatively speaking, MMA fighters are some of the worst athletes for their sport. Of all the professional sports I watch, MMA fighters are the only ones who can't perform at a high level for the duration of the scheduled match.

I know other athletes get tired too. However, the best ones, who compete at the highest level, don't gas to failure. They can still perform at a high level even when tired. I can't wait until we have better humans taking up the sport of MMA.

UFC MMA is my favorite sport, and I love it. So, miss me with that "then don't watch" nonsense. You can love something and still see areas that can be realistically improved. LOL

Ballet is notoriously arduous. Too a non-ignorant person, there is no surprise at all that someone untrained in ballet wold be unable to keep up.

It looks simple, and it certainly is girly. But trying doing this shit on your toes. Amazing balance and strength.

giphy.gif

Didn't read any of this thread but I just want to say that black chick is FINE.

What level of football/soccer have you played?

Plus, Gian couldn't keep up with a warm-up routine. That routine was very generic, and I would expect a top level endurance athlete (especially of MMA which requires ballerina type movements) to keep up with it.

Do you train in more than one sport? Serious question.

I'm not watching the video so I could be off base here, but something I've noticed personally is that when I've relaxed a bit on my MT training to focus more on BJJ like, for a tournament or something, I find that I can roll forever without getting tired, but as soon as I go back to focusing more on MT, I get gassed incredibly easily, even though I know I'm in excellent shape.

Just playing devil's advocate mostly, but my point is that muscles become acclimated to specific exercises very quickly. For instance a competitive endurance swimmer or runner might be in extraordinary shape, but might still have a difficult time let's say, throwing 100 round kicks in a row with each leg, or drilling double legs for 10 mins straight.

It would be an interesting test to see if you're right. I wonder if those ballerinas could really keep up with an mma warmup. I'm not as convinced as you are that they could.

Very few sports require total body usage for 15-15 minutes at a time. Most have lulls and periods of rest in between short activities. Futbol is probably one of the worse for constant movement with burst over a sustained period.
You've never been to a football training camp.

You run stairs sprints in a stadium for 20 minutes and tell me if you could keep up.

Football is the only sport that is constantly played at 100% all the time. Every other sport is played at like 70% so players don't burn out.

Those ballerinas are lookin thick solid and tight. yum...

Athleticism is sport specific. Even most roided strength athletes of today cant match Louis Cyrs lifts because he specialized in lifts which are now uncommon.

You run stairs sprints in a stadium for 20 minutes and tell me if you could keep up.

Football is the only sport that is constantly played at 100% all the time. Every other sport is played at like 70% so players don't burn out.
No that was my point is futbol/soccer is never stop movement with burst on top of it.

but he can't keep up with some ballerinas. Which is the tougher sport now? LOL

Relatively speaking, MMA fighters are some of the worst athletes for their sport. Of all the professional sports I watch, MMA fighters are the only ones who can't perform at a high level for the duration of the scheduled match.

I know other athletes get tired too. However, the best ones, who compete at the highest level, don't gas to failure. They can still perform at a high level even when tired. I can't wait until we have better humans taking up the sport of MMA.

UFC MMA is my favorite sport, and I love it. So, miss me with that "then don't watch" nonsense. You can love something and still see areas that can be realistically improved. LOL

Matt Serra look like one of the least coordinated humans on earth. impressive.

Gian is over 200 lbs. Obviously in the off season too.

He was pretty shitty though

Hockey, but they sub out every few minutes because they burn out giving it everything they have

MMA is really fucking hard, especially at the top level. Ballet is also really fucking hard, especially at the top level. I think we can provably leave the analysis of their similarities there.

I dated a ballerina for seven years. She worked hard. We would go to all the ballets that came to town. Those people are in crazy shape, the men and the women. It is poetry in motion. I'm not going to lie, those performances are incredible.
Also, during the intermissions, in the lobby you will see some of the most beautiful women you city has to offer. A lot of them single. All decked out to the nines drinking wine.
Since we broke up twenty years ago I haven't been to the ballet since, but it's not a bad way to spend an evening.
By the way... the Rockettes aren't doing ballet, but they are in the same type of shape, so.... what I said applies.

Ballet is a very specialized profession. It requires lifelong training specific to ballet starting from an early age.
In a way, opera training is very similar.

Although, i guess with MMA anything is possible.

Bob Sapp's fighting style was always listed as "NFL" during his Pride fights.
I wouldn't mind seeing a ballet fighter.

Wouldn't be surprised if a ballet dancer KOs someone with illusion kicks.
Maybe you can mix ballet with Gymnastics, Tae Kwon Do, Tai Chi, and Catch Wrestling.

Or add some Gymkata: <Moves>

You know someone's about to form a reasonable debate when they type LOL in capital letters a bunch of times.

LOL

Maybe he is using the Dance (gym? Studio?) as a way to increase his cardio. Saw him gas badly in the Maldonado fight (yeah I know it was some time ago) so maybe he needs to think outside the box.

I tried an aerobics class a long time ago when some chicks we were watching challenged us. Fucking brutal.

I don't think you realise how much discipline and hard work ballet takes, it's actually dying out as not enough people have what it takes to do it

Back