Serra: "Helwani is a little bit of a bit**"

OiWyzww.png

Surprisingly back in 2013 I tweeted Ariel a question about an arena, it was for a UFC that I was thinking of going too and wanted to know about seats there, the best view etc, and I know he had been to that arena a few times before for UFC events, and I was kinda shocked that he replied to me and he was really helpful and polite and gave me lots of info. I was surprised. Cool for that.

But anyways besides that I still think he is a instigator and he is way too sensitive at times and makes drama. He is his own worst enemy at times. He does do some good interviews sometimes though.

Ariel is good at his job. Probably the best in terms of journalist personalities (content wise, no), hence why he is able to do so many interviews all the time and the overwhelming majority of fighters/people associated with MMA are willing to go on his show. He was one of the first journalists to really go hard in MMA

Sherdog is just full of angsty dweebs jealous of other peoples' success.

Last edited:
Serra is speaking the truth.

He constantly bitches about UFC fighter pay and Dana, but give Coker and Bellator a pass
That's a fair point, but his fighter/fight analysis is embarrassingly biased towards fighters who are friendly to him, the MMA hour and MMA media in general, which i find terribly distasteful.

instead of Matt going off ...Ask yourself why a professional fighter doesnt .... high low defend with left hand when a fighter pivots on left hip

Serra isn't wrong. Helawni is always stirring shit up and doing things without thinking of consequences. Too bad Dana didn't keep up with his ban. Instead Dana welcomed him back with open arms for the next event.

I Can't take seriously the ramblings of a guy who actively has a web show with Dana to be completely subjective

Helwani doesn't care about the meat of the sport and doesn't come off as very knowledgable about the martial arts involved. All he cares about is getting attention and clicks, which is why he latches on to the drama aspect.

Helwani is just a click bait interviewer -- remember when he asked Gastelum if his fight vs Cowboy was extra personal because Cerrone voted for Trump? Gastelum looked at him like he was the putz he is

Back