Seth MacFarlane's THE ORVILLE (Season 3 Coming to Hulu)

Season finale was like a normal standalone episode. I like the comparison between what happened with Kelly and the space Jesus theory on our Earth. When Kelly revealed that she wasn't a god, I would have preferred that she taught them compassion, kindness and justice instead.

Isaac spent 700 years on that planet but his personality and demeanor remained the same. I would have thought that he would have evolved also. He should probably know now all about human behavior, emotions and whatnot but I'll bet they'll just ignore this and they'll just show his growth onward in the ship.

Glad The Orville got renewed. This is a really entertaining throwback sci-fi show that is a nice reprieve from the dark, gritty, sci-fi series currently.
That's because it's not the real season finale. Fox is being Fox and Foxed it all up. Season 1 filmed 13 episodes. They aired 12 of them and pretended that 12 was the finale and are airing 13 as the S2 premier. Why? Because Fox.

That's because it's not the real season finale. Fox is being Fox and Foxed it all up. Season 1 filmed 13 episodes. They aired 12 of them and pretended that 12 was the finale and are airing 13 as the S2 premier. Why? Because Fox.
<Huh2>

Isaac spent 700 years on that planet but his personality and demeanor remained the same. I would have thought that he would have evolved also. He should probably know now all about human behavior, emotions and whatnot but I'll bet they'll just ignore this and they'll just show his growth onward in the ship.

It drives me crazy when they ignore the effects of things like this, but it makes me appreciate it when they get it right.

ST TNG almost got it right with Picard in The Inner Light; it showed that his imagined lifetime was a part of him, but never with any real depth.

DS9 got it completely right, in my opinion, with Chief O'Brien. After serving a twenty year simulated prison sentence, his character was changed for the rest of the series.

I'm not impressed at all with The Orville. It's moderately entertaining, but it feels like fluffy fan fiction. We've seen pretty much all the stories they're doing, and the acting on this show is the absolute worst. People are saying this show is doing Star Trek better than Star Trek, and I could not disagree more. It's a space comedy that is a complete ripoff of the Star Trek shell, and in that light, it's fun, but it's a stunningly mediocre science fiction show if you want to compare it to actual Trek.

Update: July 23, 2018

Comic-Con Trailer for THE ORVILLE Season 2; Returns December 30th

Looks like they are going even more TNG and less comedy. Im curious to see how is does, because it was on the bubble for renewal. I do know, that they did have a budget cut, and got rid of alot of behind the scenes talents. Hopefully the quality doesn't suffer too much.

Sorry.... Do I have to wait until Dec/30??? This is number one bullshit!!!

Never thought MacFarlane could pull it off, but the show is pretty amusing.

Last edited:
He is ditching the potty humor mask, and boldly going a bit into grown-up land, showing some courage. Good for him. Tge first season was hiding behind his trademark sarcastic, take nothing serious humor. That's been what has got the talented seth to the dance, but I hated him hiding begind it on this show. He wanted to do a star trek show, but has to put his mask on it. Go ahead Seth, be a real captain, do something real; you are smart enough and we could use it.

I heard bad things about first season, and this show may be cancelled. They said MacFarlane just no good when he himself appears on shows. But I guess they back for one more run.

DS9 got it completely right, in my opinion, with Chief O'Brien.
I'll just throw this out there - but Miles Edward O'Brien is the best actor that's ever had a regular role on any of the ST series.

I'll just throw this out there - but Miles Edward O'Brien is the best actor that's ever had a regular role on any of the ST series.

He's one of the best, to be sure.

I'm sure that most would argue Stewart but I think there's an argument for O'Brien.

I heard bad things about first season, and this show may be cancelled. They said MacFarlane just no good when he himself appears on shows. But I guess they back for one more run.

It got started as a straight slapstick neg-humor spoof.. Then you saw that seth wanted to do a real show. It got stuck between.

Second episode was weird. The whole Bortus being gay ruins an overall good character. I get what MacFarlane is trying to do with gay aliens but it can be gross sometimes.

Other than that, good episode. Needs a little more humor. I like the show to have some sort of seasonal story arc like a main villain or an objective that they will achieve at the end of the season. Last season was so new and innovative that no one really noticed that it was kinda of jumbled.

Second episode was weird. The whole Bortus being gay ruins an overall good character. I get what MacFarlane is trying to do with gay aliens but it can be gross sometimes.

Other than that, good episode. Needs a little more humor. I like the show to have some sort of seasonal story arc like a main villain or an objective that they will achieve at the end of the season. Last season was so new and innovative that no one really noticed that it was kinda of jumbled.

I don't think Bortus is gay. His species has no gender.

The first season was fantastic and the in the first episode this season he reminded me of Brian from Family Guy.

Back