Sewing your own vale tudo shorts advice

judo_joel

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Has anyone attempted to make your own training gear? I have been looking for old school hunter/bad boy vale tudo shorts and no one seems to be making em anymore. So I started thinking about sewing my own. I’m thinking about a simple two layer construction with one layer as lining and one layer stretchy outside material, with contrast colored cuff and waistband. So far i have a sewing machine and an idea, lol. You guys have any advice for me?

yes god i wish someone could make an instructional on this id love to make them or collect them as a hobby valetudo shrots wear out fast so the better constructed they are longer they last usually after 8 wears n fights they r useless to me

i have a bunch of pairs of compression pants for mma that i wear to train and i do own one pair of compression shorts with a cup insert and a groin cup but i dont have a cup insert on any of the compression pants, i want to know if anyone knows a good solution because i have heard a jockstrap is really uncomfortable it seems like theres only two options either wear a jockstrap under my compression pants or wear my compression shorts that already have a insert for the cup underneath my compression pants but i feel like that might look wierd please any suggestions would be really helpful and also if you wear a jockstrap do you wear boxers underneath beause id imagine it will irritate the skin alot all i ever wear is compression shorts with a cup

Ask tips from guys who make their own pro wrestling gear. Break Knyte Creative on youtibe has a good channel.

After sewing something for the car using stretchy fabric, I saw on the internet someone suggest sewing some scrap paper underneath with the stretchy fabric otherwise it gets weird when the sewing machine feeds the fabric and it stretches instead of feeding unstretched.

EDIT: Widest zig zag stitch setting will work with spandex. Using toilet paper underneath will just jam the machine.

Last edited:
What they need is some big man sizes in fightshorts...they all max out at 40"

sad tat no here online can u find cheap good quality tudo shorts like u use to could get in the early t mid 2000s i miss all the ones that said gracie on them ect id love to learn how to make them

Back